Mike Announces Post Traumatic Tour Continues to Asia

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, GarretLP said:

Yeah honestly Dan is just as good of a drummer as Rob and Matt is just as good of a guitar player as Brad. And most guitar players can play bass by default so he’s probably as good as Phoenix, too. I know that the die-hard LP fans seem to think that Brad and Rob, etc. are these godlike musicians and they are the absolute best but it’s not the case. Mike is super unique at what he does and you won’t likely find someone like him. Chester, nobody has a voice and stage presence like him. But the other members of the band really are pretty basic. And I’m not even saying it’s a bad thing. They are good at what they do. But there are other musicians out there who can play as good as them and some better. Sorry.

They all have unique things that they bring to the table beyond just pure technical skill, though.

I've always seen Brad as more of a producer than a straight guitarist. Like, he's not the most technical player out there, but he's pretty good at figuring out what a song needs rather than just trying to be flashy all the time. 

3 minutes ago, SasstielExperience said:

I've always seen Brad as more of a producer than a straight guitarist. Like, he's not the most technical player out there, but he's pretty good at figuring out what a song needs rather than just trying to be flashy all the time. 

Yeah I agree.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, LPLStaff said:

They were confirmed to headline Download 2018 in Melbourne, Australia. March 24, 2018.

edit: This was confirmed by Andy Copping, the Download promoter, in an interview where he discussed Chester and LP. I've always wondered if we should add a 2018 page with that date, but it'd be the only one on there.

I've always wondered why you didn't end up writing a 2017 tour summary. I guess that after Chester's passing it wasn't easy to do, but I've always thought that it would be interesting and also useful in terms of bootleg guide. In any case, great job with the other ones guys

51 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Forgot all about the missing 2017 summary. Can do that ASAP, thanks for the reminder.

Brad is an underrated guitarist for what he does, IMO. Matt could never get Brad's Iridescent parts right live.

I saw Iridescent in Boston in 2018 and it sounded A+ to me.