'Ghosts' Music Video Out June 8

RogueSoul

It's a decent song like most of the album I don't love any track except for Over Again that one is in another league

I'm starting to agree with this. Over Again is amazing. It's deliberately about Chester and it's a good song. I thought more songs on his solo album would be about Chester, I'm surprised. I'm not faulting him on that, I just figured it would have some huge, epic songs about him. Maybe he'll do that with LP in the future. I mean I almost get this sense of resentment and anger towards Chester from Mike with a lot of this album, particularly from the songs that aren't released so far, but also some released ones. Chester would never have wanted to hurt anybody or ruin anyone's career, etc. He was mentally ill and had severe depression and it just took over, people in that mindset don't always think rationally. In fact, they say a lot of suicides are rash decisions, they aren't always super planned out, etc. I think maybe Chester thought that LP was always Mike's band (which he said when he was alive) and now that Mike can sing and make these epic pop songs, they don't need him, almost like his work was finished. And he probably thought Mike could easily lead the band and that's what would happen. But it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it will next year or whatever. But that's really the vibe I get from Mike on this album. And now that I know the final track, Can't Hear You Now, isn't actually about Chester and it's not this big epic closer, I really have no more hopes for the album. I was expecting this huge, epic as fuck closer like Slip Out the Back or something but about Chester and the future. I'll listen when it's out but I'm over it at this point. Bring on LP. Maybe we'll get some big epic Chester song from Mike during that.

Edited by Geki

And now that I know the final track, Can't Hear You Now, isn't actually about Chester and it's not this big epic closer, I really have no more hopes for the album. I was expecting this huge, epic as fuck closer like Slip Out the Back or something but about Chester and the future.

Fuck. Is that legit?

Edited by HybridParty

Lmao there is zero vocoder on this song that I can tell but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people who don't know vocal production gonna try to talk shit about vocal production.

Fuck. Is that legit?

He probably read LPA's track by track review, saw it compared to Until It Breaks, and because he doesn't like Until It Breaks he's already made his mind up about the song even though he hasn't heard it, lol.

Lmao there is zero vocoder on this song that I can tell but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people who don't know vocal production gonna try to talk shit about vocal production.

For the uneducated and legitimately curious, what would be the term(s) you use for the vocal effect that Mike has on this song? People throw the words Autotune and Vocoder around, but like you said, don't know vocal production.

Really condescending response, nice. There are definitely effects on his voice, that could easily be called "vocoder" by people who don't know the right term.

Whether or not people don't know about vocal production doesn't mean they can't have an opinion, or dislike the production.

He probably read LPA's track by track review, saw it compared to Until It Breaks, and because he doesn't like Until It Breaks he's already made his mind up about the song even though he hasn't heard it, lol.

UIB is 100% a better song before I even hear that Mike Shinoda song solely because it's Linkin Park pre Chester's death which is better than 100% of all other music in the world to me. But yeah, can't say that description gave me much hope. It was more the battle rap description that turned me off. That's just laughably bad when he try to does that. I was expecting a more somber, heartfelt song, kind of like Iridescent meets Slip Out The Back. Just to close off the album and end a chapter and start a new chapter with the future. And the lyrical content doesn't do much for me either. I'll wait to hear the song but I doubt I'll like it.

Edited by Geki

UIB and LGM might easily be the two worst songs in the LP catalogue to me, lol. No way for me that this song is as bad as UIB. No way that song should have made it out of demo form.

I can't base any opinions on reviews. People will say a song is terrible and it's great or say a song is awesome and it's odd. I look forward to hearing the album next week.

I have liked everything released so far, with my least favoring being Crossing a Line. I still think Over Again should have been the first single. I held off on Running From My Shadow and Ghosts because I feel like the modern music climate releases WAY too much music from albums before its out. It's not just Mike, a ton of artists are doing this and it's ruining the cohesive feel of albums. Release a single and one more song, and that's it. Would have liked Mike to have just released the EP, Crossing a Line, and one other song.

UIB and LGM might easily be the two worst songs in the LP catalogue to me, lol. No way for me that this song is as bad as UIB. No way that song should have made it out of demo form.

I can't base any opinions on reviews. People will say a song is terrible and it's great or say a song is awesome and it's odd. I look forward to hearing the album next week.

I have liked everything released so far, with my least favoring being Crossing a Line. I still think Over Again should have been the first single. I held off on Running From My Shadow and Ghosts because I feel like the modern music climate releases WAY too much music from albums before its out. It's not just Mike, a ton of artists are doing this and it's ruining the cohesive feel of albums. Release a single and one more song, and that's it. Would have liked Mike to have just released the EP, Crossing a Line, and one other song.

Nah, LT is awesome. It's the best album next to MTM. It's LP with Chester. And Idk how you can like the bubblegum pop of Crossing A Line without liking BID which is one of LP's best songs ever written.

And I feel like I've turned 90 years old waiting for the album from Mike to drop. With 8 songs being released it feels like it already did. Doesn't seem like there is much excitement for it and the views show it. Not to mention you don't hear it that much anywhere. Just drop the damn album already bro. Who waits until the release day and sits down and listens to the entire album. It isn't 1999 anymore. Do it the way Avenged Sevenfold released their last album, just drop it when you feel like it's time for the world to hear it. I hate artists who hype their shit up for like 8 months and especially when they release so much from the album before it. I feel like that old ass model of release an album died out in like 2007 the absolute latest.

Edited by Geki

Doesn't seem like there is much excitement for it and the views show it. Not to mention you don't hear it that much anywhere.

Yeah because it is not Linkin Park. A lot of people seem to think Mike will attract the same masses as Linkin Park which is totally naive thinking. I've seen people in German Linkin Park groups think that he can sell out arenas... I think if he attracts only 10% of the Linkin Park "fanbase" (including casual fans that normally go to a concert) than that is already pretty huge.

Just wanted to share what Mike just posted on Twitter, in light of the conversation we had a few days ago:

"I made a sock puppet video because it took me months to feel like I deserved to have fun. So I celebrated it, and I have no regrets. I wanted to make you guys smile.

You deserve to smile. You deserve to have fun. You deserve to live.

THINK before you click. "

People tend to have a huge problem with expectations. They make their minds about what they wanna listen to or how the song "should be" by just reading the title, and then when it turns out to be different they say it's bad because they were expecting something else. That's not the artist's fault, it's all yours. We should just take the music as it is and appreciate what was made, instead of projecting our own wacky fantasies and hoping they are right.

Doesn't seem like there is much excitement for it and the views show it. Not to mention you don't hear it that much anywhere.

That's the exact reason why musicians go on with their bands even after a fellow member quits or dies. The band name has a weight of its own, it carries a concept and it's easily recognizable. Also, it's a brand, and if you strengthen that brand enough, like Linkin Park did, you'll get much more radio play and media than one member doing solo.

Edited by Kilmer

People tend to have a huge problem with expectations. They make their minds about what they wanna listen to or how the song "should be" by just reading the title, and then when it turns out to be different they say it's bad because they were expecting something else. That's not the artist's fault, it's all yours. We should just take the music as it is and appreciate what was made, instead of projecting our own wacky fantasies and hoping they are right.

That's the exact reason why musicians go on with their bands even after a fellow member quits or dies. The band name has a weight of its own, it carries a concept and it's easily recognizable. Also, it's a brand, and if you strengthen that brand enough, like Linkin Park did, you'll get much more radio play and media than one member doing solo.

This can be applied to any type of art. Critical? Yes. Cry because you didn't get what you wanted based on your high expectations? No.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

I really like the beginning of the video, in which he said, he should have fun. Rest of the video is pretty funny and fits the song perfectly. My least favorite track by now, but its catchy as hell :D . I'm thankful for everything Mike does for us.