'Ghosts' Music Video Out June 8

RogueSoul

We've got one more taste of Post Traumatic coming up before the album drops - another new song, titled 'Ghosts,' which is the tenth track on the album, will be released on June 8 along with an accompanying music video, starring everyone's favorite sock Boris.

32923937_193600874618396_195371938101172

Mike Boris has been teasing the new video for awhile now, and if you've been playing along on Facebook Messages you'll have received a message today revealing that the video is coming soon, along with a clip of the song. This song will be the eighth song release from the album before its release - that's half the album already. We know a lot of you don't like excessive pre-release songs, so instead of complaining about it, perhaps hold out for one more week until the album comes out!

6/8 EDIT: The music video is live!

Post Traumatic is out in just over a week, on June 15 (next Friday)! Mike will be doing a series of shows and events in Hollywood and New York City over the next few weeks to celebrate its release, including album release shows and signing events. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world!

Just heard the clip. WTF is this garbage. Lol. Sounds like some shitty R&B song you'd hear on the radio. I was totally expecting like a dark introverted song.

Edited by Geki

So, the videos looks funny but all the songs that we have at this time, I only like the 3 songs from the EP, CTL and NMSA, the rest of the song released, don't like it.

I really like Over Again, Watching As I Fall and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore. Place To Start, About You and Running From My Shadow are ''alright'' to me, I don't hate them or love them, they're in the middle. Didn't really like Crossing A Line at all and still don't. I think this new song Ghosts will be in the same category for me as Crossing The Line. I can almost tell just by that preview, just like I could from the original clip of Crossing A Line. It sucks because I thought by the title that the song would be good, but I guess I shouldn't judge songs off of the title. LOL. The album still holds promise to me.

I really like Over Again, Watching As I Fall and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore. Place To Start, About You and Running From My Shadow are ''alright'' to me, I don't hate them or love them, they're in the middle. Didn't really like Crossing A Line at all and still don't. I think this new song Ghosts will be in the same category for me as Crossing The Line. I can almost tell just by that preview, just like I could from the original clip of Crossing A Line. It sucks because I thought by the title that the song would be good, but I guess I shouldn't judge songs off of the title. LOL. The album still holds promise to me.

This is so awesome to see because I love Place to Start, Crossing A Line, About You and Running From My Shadow, and I don't often listen to the other three. I genuinely dig the difference in opinion on here.

What is it about the songs you don't like? I like About You because it is so upbeat, really experimental hip hop production, the vocoder outro is gorgeous. grandson's part and the guitar solo in Running From My Shadow get me head banging in my car. Place To Start is heartbreaking, relatable, and beautiful. Crossing A Line feels so upbeat and is such a catchy singalong song.

This is so awesome to see because I love Place to Start, Crossing A Line, About You and Running From My Shadow, and I don't often listen to the other three. I genuinely dig the difference in opinion on here.

What is it about the songs you don't like? I like About You because it is so upbeat, really experimental hip hop production, the vocoder outro is gorgeous. grandson's part and the guitar solo in Running From My Shadow get me head banging in my car. Place To Start is heartbreaking, relatable, and beautiful. Crossing A Line feels so upbeat and is such a catchy singalong song.

I don't hate Place To Start, About You or Running From My Shadow. I just don't love them. The only track that I really don't like is Crossing A Line. Just can't get into it. It's really poppy but it's a different kind of poppy then songs like Nobody Can Save Me, etc. I think the positive lyrics with the poppy sound just kind of isn't for me. But there is a lot of diversity on this album. Ghosts sounds like it will be similar to Crossing A Line with the overly poppy sound, but the lyrics might be a little cool. I'll judge that one after I hear the full song, obviously. The final song on the album, Can't Hear You Now, is the song that I am most excited for, and it's supposed to have a poppier sound, but also be empathetic and with emotionally driven lyrics. I love Nobody Can Save Me and that's almost what I expect the song to be like. But who knows. I'll post a song by song review when I hear the album in it's entirety.

I don't hate Place To Start, About You or Running From My Shadow. I just don't love them. The only track that I really don't like is Crossing A Line. Just can't get into it. It's really poppy but it's a different kind of poppy then songs like Nobody Can Save Me, etc. I think the positive lyrics with the poppy sound just kind of isn't for me. But there is a lot of diversity on this album. Ghosts sounds like it will be similar to Crossing A Line with the overly poppy sound, but the lyrics might be a little cool. I'll judge that one after I hear the full song, obviously. The final song on the album, Can't Hear You Now, is the song that I am most excited for, and it's supposed to have a poppier sound, but also be empathetic and with emotionally driven lyrics. I love Nobody Can Save Me and that's almost what I expect the song to be like. But who knows. I'll post a song by song review when I hear the album in it's entirety.

The lyrics of Ghost are definitely interesting. The sock puppet thing is just Mike having fun with the video and concept, but the song itself is not a comedy or joke song.

Where can I hear the song? Is it out?

EDIT: Found it. I actually don't hate it as much as I thought I would. Don't care for the style in the verses but the chorus and rest of the song is decent. Not a track that I love but I don't hate it, either. It's middle ground for me like some of the other tracks I've heard. Lyrics aren't bad, though, they're pretty cool.

Edited by Geki

Where can I hear the song? Is it out?

EDIT: Found it. I actually don't hate it as much as I thought I would. Don't care for the style in the verses but the chorus and rest of the song is decent. Not a track that I love but I don't hate it, either. It's middle ground for me like some of the other tracks I've heard. Lyrics aren't bad, though, they're pretty cool.

Where'd you find it?

Already hear the song, now my perspective towards the song changed I like it a lot just one thing don't like and it's the vocoder again.

Yeah that preview did nothing in terms of overall sound of the song. I thought the whole song would be like that first verse. Lol. It’s not too bad of a song at all.

It's crazy to have witnessed album releases and stuff ever since MTM and it used to be like thousands of people would reply when a new track even got announced and now you're lucky to see like ten replies to a new song or album. People keep saying Linkin Park isn't a dying band but idk.

But on the other hand, there's been like 10 singles released off of the album so at that point it's like why not just release the album. I admit that I'm one of those people who lose interest in new stuff if it takes centuries to come out but I did want to hear some of this stuff. It's hard to get excited when no one else is, though.

Edited by Geki

Video is live!

Why did he wait to release it this long when every release so far has been a Thursday? Is there a purpose in it? Also, I thought the song was about Chester's ghost. But that speech at the beginning has now let me know it's not. But he's right, I guess this is just a random have fun song, he should be able to make that. It's also funny that the clock says 11:53, I wonder if there is any significance. I don't usually go to bed until like 3 AM and I bet a lot of other people are like that, maybe Mike.

Edited by Geki

Why did he wait to release it this long when every release so far has been a Thursday? Is there a purpose in it? Also, I thought the song was about Chester's ghost. But that speech at the beginning has now let me know it's not. But he's right, I guess this is just a random have fun song, he should be able to make that. It's also funny that the clock says 11:53, I wonder if there is any significance. I don't usually go to bed until like 3 AM and I bet a lot of other people are like that, maybe Mike.

I think the little line at the beginning was more referring to him making the music video, not the song.