"Running From My Shadow" Coming 5/24

hahninator

As you saw from our Twitter post, iTunes has added the track time to "Running From My Shadow" from the album. It will be 3:24. iTunes routinely adds the song times just before it releases a song, so be on the look out soon for the track.

Our friend Martinez has supplied the track credits:

MANNY MARROQUIN - Mixer
MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Lead Vocals, Writer, MainArtist
BRAD DELSON - Writer
Kevin Hissink - Writer
Ross Golan - Writer
Michelle Mancini - Masterer
Jordan Benjamin (grandson) - Writer
Boonn [?] - Co-Producer

Mike said both Place To Start and Make It Up As I Go originated in the One More Light sessions. This song features Ross Golan, co-writer of Halfway Right, on the song as well as Brad Delson. Since Mike didn't mention this track originating with the One More Light songs, it appears he worked with Ross again.

5/21 Update: Mike confirms the song will be released on Thursday, May 24th at 9am PST. As usual with the other Post Traumatic tracks, he will be releasing a music video for Running From My Shadow as well. "Running From My Shadow (feat. @grandsonsucks) /// song + video this Thursday 9am LA time. #PostTraumatic"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are two guitarists in this song - I hope that Brad is doing the main guitar stuff and Kevin Hissink is doing something in the background, not the other way round.

Edited by martinez

grandson has kind of a rap/rock type thing that he does so maybe the song will kind of have that sound. But who knows. I don't mean rap/rock like nu-metal sounding, kind of like a more hip hop version of RATM riffs and shit. But it will still probably be pop. Lol.

You've said this like 10 times already, but really, who cares if its pop? Do you really expect something different by saying it over and over again?

Honestly, I kind of do, because Mike used to make other genres of music besides just pop like he has been since 2015. I think there is a potential to be some wildcards on the album, maybe a different genre or two. I'd like to see Mike try and sing a rock song, for example. No Roads Left was probably the closest to that. I said before a long time ago that I would like to see Mike try to sing aggressively or perhaps even try to scream.

Since there are two guitarists in this song - I hope that Brad is doing the main guitar stuff and Kevin Hissink is doing something in the background, not the other way round.

Who says either one of them is even playing guitar on the track?