#InvisibleLP Lyric Video

hahninator

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

I still do think that Mike's voice goes better when it comes to pop, compared to Chester's.

The song isn't impressive by any means , but it is quite easy to listen to . But then again, this album might be the one I won't listen more than once in its entierety .

The only two songs so far I can see myself enjoying even in 2 years would be Good Goodbye and Talking To myself. The rest is pretty meh or bad. The good thing is IF they planned to play this kind of music just for 1 album, that means that we will have something else with the next one.

And after the soft overproduced generic songs we had, I wouldn't mind an acoustic/stripped down album , as it would renew my passion with the band I once adored.

Edited by partofmelp67

This is my favorite of the released songs, actually. Mike doing lead vocals is really refreshing, and this is by far his best vocal performance (plus he can actually sing it live pretty well).

1. Invisible
  2. Battle Symphony
  3. Good Goodbye
  4. Heavy

If we're counting the live tracks that we haven't heard in studio yet:

1. One More Light
  2. Invisible
  3. Talking To Myself
  4. Battle Symphony
  5. Good Goodbye
  6. Heavy

Not a bad song. I'm sure I'll listen to it for a few days and then probably very rarely after that. Sounds like it was written for a pop star (thanks Justin Parker?)

On another note, I'm sick of hearing that goddamn trap beat style thing on their songs.

Edited by LINKINMARK

Yet not sure if I like Mike's voice when he sings. IMO it's just a average voice with a lower recognition value than chester's :)

For me:

1. One More Light

2. Talking To Myself

3. Heavy

4. Invisible

5. Battle Symphony

6. Good Goodbye

The hook is ridiculous. That really the best they could come up with....just repeating invisible over and over? I thought they were concentrating on lyrics for this record? So far a majority of the lyrics are laughable.

Invisible, like I've stated with every song officially released so far, is just weak. Lyrics are cheesy & cliche. The music just feels empty and lacks that "umph" that they usually have. The overall rhythm & melody just sounds like any generic pop structured song that you can find anywhere. Only bright spot is Mike's singing, which I always enjoy. I'm all for the band broadening their musical horizons, but damn at least do something original. This particular style may be new to them, but it's by no means genre breaking. Whether it's the co-writers, producers or the band just misfiring, this album is just setting up to disappoint.

Invisible, like I've stated with every song officially released so far, is just weak. Lyrics are cheesy & cliche. The music just feels empty and lacks that "umph" that they usually have. The overall rhythm & melody just sounds like any generic pop structured song that you can find anywhere. Only bright spot is Mike's singing, which I always enjoy. I'm all for the band broadening their musical horizons, but damn at least do something original. This particular style may be new to them, but it's by no means genre breaking. Whether it's the co-writers, producers or the band just misfiring, this album is just setting up to disappoint.

Bingo....couldn't agree more. Not one of these songs makes me want to hear them again after my first listen.

Most of the complains I have seen are about lyrics. I really don't care about lyrics because when I listen to a song, I usually just focus on the music. If the lyrics were just gibberish, it would still be fine for me.

Most of the complains I have seen are about lyrics. I really don't care about lyrics because when I listen to a song, I usually just focus on the music. If the lyrics were just gibberish, it would still be fine for me.

So I guess you mostly focus on the instrumental and see the vocals as an additional instrument. If that's the case maybe you can explain to me what's interesting about this song, because I can't see anything.

I think the main reason they're working on with various songwriters because they purposely wanna make generic pop songs. Since the begining, they just stated that they're focusing on lyrics first, then music, but they didnt said the songs/album gonna be differents than the other pop/generic songs on local radio/top 40 chart. This records might be the least that most of you will listen to for the time being but once the 8th studio coming up, I'm sure someone gonna said "Oh, OML is much better than the new shit!". Just like THP. Now everyone "love" THP because it's heavy but during the album released, most people complaining LP trying to hard to make heavy music. So yeah.

Yuck. This album will flop. Guaranteed.

Just because you hate it, doesnt mean it will flop. it's like 1 people hate it, but 9 people will love it. We will see.

It's going to destroy THP in terms of sales. It won't flop.

Totally agree!

The sampled stuff you hear in Drawing.

DRAWING IN MY SKIN

I GOT MYSELF A TATTOO

Expanding on comments I've already made on the hook - there's no way that in their lyrics first approach, they actively came up with repeating the word Invisible. Rather, it feels like a symptom of producing a pop record.

Invisible is really the only song where I can see this repetition being outright removed - in every other song the repetition is more integrated into the song structure, and when listening to each song in isolation it doesn't seem as noticeable. However, I'm concerned for how this album will sound when listened to in full - that every song is (more obviously) a variation on the same formula.

Edited by Braininator

Mike is a very smart person he decided to go against making music that he loves he just wanted to bring back LP to the mainstream by making safe, disposable, trendy music.

In the end this is business.

This is average at it's bestI don't see myself listening to this in 5 years.

Edited by JZE