#InvisibleLP Lyric Video

hahninator

I'll be back so you guys can eat your crow. Subpar cookie cutter pop songs won't sell.

You're really confident! I like it! *slow clap* I think you should just go listen to "spraypaintninkpens" all over again. That's SO much better than OML for you isnt it?

This is average at it's bestI don't see myself listening to this in 5 years.

That's what people said when they're making MTM, ATS, LT, THP. In the end, they'll listen back to those album. So, it's about time. Not surprise if people gonna say OML is great/awesome in the upcoming years.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what people said when they're making MTM, ATS, LT, THP. In the end, they'll listen back to those album. So, it's about time. Not surprise if people gonna say OML is great/awesome in the upcoming years.

Some of you guys came so late to the game so it was easy to listen to 3 or more albums and just decide in a moment if you liked them or not but i have lived every album release except for HT and you can't say that to me I know what i'm talking about, it's not that simple to follow a band for over 16 years and accept every change but somehow I fell in love with the rest of the albums, LP has tons of different songs but almost all of them were unique and had the LP spirit all over them, even Nobody's Listening, In Between, Wastelands, etc.

This album has tons of collaborations and for the first time ever it doesn't feel like a LP album they might be good songs but if they were released for THE MALL soundtrack you wouldn't even care about them.

Some of you guys came so late to the game so it was easy to listen to 3 or more albums and just decide in a moment if you liked them or not but i have lived every album release except for HT and you can't say that to me I know what i'm talking about, it's not that simple to follow a band for over 16 years and accept every change but somehow I fell in love with the rest of the albums, LP has tons of different songs but almost all of them were unique and had the LP spirit all over them, even Nobody's Listening, In Between, Wastelands, etc.

This album has tons of collaborations and for the first time ever it doesn't feel like a LP album they might be good songs but if they were released for THE MALL soundtrack you wouldn't even care about them.

I grew up listening to them since HT and never miss anything that the band released. the first 2 album using the same recipe, while the rest has their own style. Same goes to OML. it's different than others because they decided to open up their creative door to different people/songwriters. LP aim to be different this time and yes, they achieved it. this album have LP unique sound but it just that you guys have taken the "songwriters" term too much and overlook every single songs that has been release is colaborators touch, not LP style. what if they didnt say about songwriters at the first place? i'm sure the comments will be different.

if OML is THE MALL soundtrack? heck, i still love it. Even The Mall OST also different musical style. not even close to THP.

but in the end of the day, it's everyone choice. For me, I believe in what they did.

I grew up listening to them since HT and never miss anything that the band released. the first 2 album using the same recipe, while the rest has their own style. Same goes to OML. it's different than others because they decided to open up their creative door to different people/songwriters. LP aim to be different this time and yes, they achieved it. this album have LP unique sound but it just that you guys have taken the "songwriters" term too much and overlook every single songs that has been release is colaborators touch, not LP style. what if they didnt say about songwriters at the first place? i'm sure the comments will be different.

if OML is THE MALL soundtrack? heck, i still love it. Even The Mall OST also different musical style. not even close to THP.

but in the end of the day, it's everyone choice. For me, I believe in what they did.

These songs are def not unique nor does it have a LP feel to it.

You are free to like them, but IMO, unique does not automatically mean good.

These songs are so generic, any top 40 pop band could cover these and it would fit right in with them.

I just wish they approached pop differently to the way they did, which is generic and forgettable.

Edited by GraDoN

These songs are so generic, any top 40 pop band could cover these and it would fit right in with them.

I just wish they approached pop differently to the way they did, which is generic and forgettable.

I completely get what you mean and I agree for an extend.

Even if we look back at the songwriters and producers they brought in, you basically get exactly what you can expect from those people. I love that LP tries to open their boundaries with every release, but this time, they basically borrowed too much from their collaborators and 'lost' too much sight on their own sound, which makes most songs so far end up predictable and a tad generic. But it's fine for me, even though I know they could indeed do pop differently and more genuine.

I'm sick and tired of word "generic" and "forgettable". Maybe you'll forget or not gonna listen to the record forever but for others (including me), I'll keep jamming to this record over and over again because I like it. HT is unique but during that era, there's tons of music like that. Limp Bizkit, Static-X and more nu-metal band, same just like this era that Top 40 fills with pop songs.

I'm sick and tired of word "generic" and "forgettable". Maybe you'll forget or not gonna listen to the record forever but for others (including me), I'll keep jamming to this record over and over again because I like it. HT is unique but during that era, there's tons of music like that. Limp Bizkit, Static-X and more nu-metal band, same just like this era that Top 40 fills with pop songs.

Yeah, but with LP of old you could hear that it's a LP song without even hearing any lyrics. There was no way of confusing a LP song with a LB or Korn song. LP always carried with them a bit of that, their LP DNA was in the music even if it was less so later on.

This album has none of it, if Chester or Mike isn't singing there is 0 way of telling it's an LP record. RHCP changed their sound many times and yet you can always hear that distinct DNA that makes it a peppers song. Even if it's not as apparent as it was at the start. You are free like like the new LP album, but so far it is generic and forgettable, as much as you hate hearing it.

Yeah, but with LP of old you could hear that it's a LP song without even hearing any lyrics. There was no way of confusing a LP song with a LB or Korn song. LP always carried with them a bit of that, their LP DNA was in the music even if it was less so later on.

This album has none of it, if Chester or Mike isn't singing there is 0 way of telling it's an LP record. RHCP changed their sound many times and yet you can always hear that distinct DNA that makes it a peppers song. Even if it's not as apparent as it was at the start. You are free like like the new LP album, but so far it is generic and forgettable, as much as you hate hearing it.

For us, maybe we can differentiate it but others, often confuse between LP & LB. they thought it the same band because of nu-metal and rapcore. RHCP is a legend band IMO and i'm sure in between 30 years, they have done lots of experiment and they end up to keep the DNA for the later album. while LP, not even 2 decades, that's why they decided to keep trying and doing something they never did. It's better they did this pop album now than later. but yeah, i'm totally understood your point man and I respect it. it's a good discussion.

So according to some comments here, this is basically Hybrid Theory part 3 Pop version: "They're making music for the masses, not for themselves" without Don Gilmore or Warner telling them how to sound. It's what I understood. To a certain degree I could agree, but it doesn't take away that some of these songs have potential of sounding just fine live. Still, I will hear the whole thing on the 19th to be sure if I dig this or not so much, time will tell.

I haven't listened to the live songs yet, but everything released so far has been

497eb-cnr_meh.jpg?w=319&h=234

I'm pretty much here, too. I don't hate the new stuff, but I don't really think any of the new batch is particularly memorable. Or at least, I'm not itching to go back and listen to the songs again. I miss hearing guitars and such. I think I've listened to BS 3 times, and GG, and will probably listen to Invisible once before release.

I don't mind the band's wanting to experiment with sounds and such; it's commendable. I like listening to Breaking Benjamin, but get tired of the same recycled sound, album-in, and album-out. Clearly they're taking a page out of Madonna's book - to reinvent themselves with each release. Sometimes it'll be a hit (Ray of Light/William Orbit-produced), sometimes it won't (pretty much everything after RoL). Many folks were also turned off by ATS, but I loved it - it reminded me of listening to Enigma (The CROSS of Changes, Le Roi Est Mort..., The Screen Behind the Mirror, in particular).

So according to some comments here, this is basically Hybrid Theory part 3 Pop version: "They're making music for the masses, not for themselves" without Don Gilmore or Warner telling them how to sound.

We have tons of demos from the HT era from way way way before Don Gilmore touched anything and all I can say about Don is that he didn't tell them how to sound he helped them to perfect the songs at its maximum quality

There's no demo from HT that it's better than the final version, Don did a fucking amazing job.

Agreed, Don Gilmore nailed it on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Rubin nailed it on MTM and ATS and then really let the reigns become too loose. Living Things is a disaster and shouldn't have ever been released in the way it was.

Just a "reminder": in the lyrics from the post, "And you just want to know you're being hurt", but in the lyric video shows "And you just want to know you're being heard". Seems like in Genius the lyrics are also wrong, with hurt instead of heard.

Just a "reminder": in the lyrics from the post, "And you just want to know you're being hurt", but in the lyric video shows "And you just want to know you're being heard". Seems like in Genius the lyrics are also wrong, with hurt instead of heard.

Genius must have corrected the error, because I see "heard". "Hurt" wouldn't make sense either within the context of the line.

Edited by Justin

We have tons of demos from the HT era from way way way before Don Gilmore touched anything and all I can say about Don is that he didn't tell them how to sound he helped them to perfect the songs at its maximum quality

There's no demo from HT that it's better than the final version, Don did a fucking amazing job.

Agreed, Don Gilmore nailed it on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Rubin nailed it on MTM and ATS and then really let the reigns become too loose. Living Things is a disaster and shouldn't have ever been released in the way it was.

Agree to disagree. I think they wrote some better lyrics than most of the final versions on the first 2 albums, with Rubin, that was another story. LT a disaster? I actually enjoyed a couple of songs from that album, it's been a while since I listened to it though.

LT is not a disaster, is a good album with some heights and some lows, some songs are awesome ( LITE, COG, IMR, even UIB is pretty good) but some others feel like unfinished demos or really rushed songs ( Victimized, STB) and there are too many songs that sound so similar

Edited by Comfortinthepanic92

I'm pretty much here, too. I don't hate the new stuff, but I don't really think any of the new batch is particularly memorable. Or at least, I'm not itching to go back and listen to the songs again. I miss hearing guitars and such. I think I've listened to BS 3 times, and GG, and will probably listen to Invisible once before release.

I don't mind the band's wanting to experiment with sounds and such; it's commendable. I like listening to Breaking Benjamin, but get tired of the same recycled sound, album-in, and album-out. Clearly they're taking a page out of Madonna's book - to reinvent themselves with each release. Sometimes it'll be a hit (Ray of Light/William Orbit-produced), sometimes it won't (pretty much everything after RoL). Many folks were also turned off by ATS, but I loved it - it reminded me of listening to Enigma (The CROSS of Changes, Le Roi Est Mort..., The Screen Behind the Mirror, in particular).

The problem with LP changing their sound is that they seem to have no direction, their last few albums have been all over the place with regards to their feel/sound. There have been many artists/bands that made fairly drastic changes to their sound over the years/decades that felt natural and came off pretty damn good. LP is not in that group.

They seem to have reached where they wanted to go all along: pop. I have no problem with this, it just sounds so bland and unimaginative. I actually wish that some studio exec held a gun to their heads when they made this because if this was all them then it's pretty disappointing. I mean they have never been geniuses, but this is a new low.

Edited by GraDoN

I think the main reason they're working on with various songwriters because they purposely wanna make generic pop songs. Since the begining, they just stated that they're focusing on lyrics first, then music, but they didnt said the songs/album gonna be differents than the other pop/generic songs on local radio/top 40 chart. This records might be the least that most of you will listen to for the time being but once the 8th studio coming up, I'm sure someone gonna said "Oh, OML is much better than the new shit!". Just like THP. Now everyone "love" THP because it's heavy but during the album released, most people complaining LP trying to hard to make heavy music. So yeah.

I still love The Hunting Party. But you're right. Every cycle you see people bashing the previous album lol.

I remember when The Hunting Party came out how everyone on here was excited as f*ck!!

I hope the album has a bit more uptempo songs. The only song that's a bit uptempo is "Talking To Myself".

Songs from Living Things seems to blend well with songs from One More Light

Edited by Jawnson

Living Things is a masterpiece compared to the crap they've released from OML. I don't love LT by any means, but at least most of it sounds like LP. These new songs are garbage.

Edited by castro78

I listened LT all over again yesterday. It's far from a masterpiece but far from a disaster. I get the rushed out part cause they made that album like, in a few months (while being on Tour, they always weren't in NRG)? THP had more time to make and technically it was better, though, I still prefer LT over THP personally.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda