'Battle Symphony' out now!

RogueSoul

You've probably already all heard the second track from Linkin Park's One More Light, but now it's officially out! Cleanse your consciousness, because now you can listen to 'Battle Symphony' without any guilt. We know you listened. Don't lie. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

In conjunction with the official release of the song, which is now out on all platforms (iTunes, Spotify, etc.), the band has also shared a brand new lyric video. Now you can learn and sing-a-long to the song as you listen. Because you totally don't know it by heart by now. The lyric video contains a lot of awesome cinematography (with some fantastic colors). Drone footage was used for the video, and some of the footage from the first photo/video shoot back in January seems to have been used in it.

Watch the lyric video - what do you think of it?

'Battle Symphony' is only our second taste of new music from One More Light. We can expect at least one more song before the album is released on May 19 - probably 'Invisible,' as it was performed for a later showing at the band's show at The Late Late Show With James Corden. The band also performed acoustic versions of 'Talking To Myself' and 'One More Light' recently, so maybe we see those soon, too. The band will likely be performing a show or two very soon - they've been rehearsing A LOT - so we'll probably see songs performed live at those, too. They're heading to Germany in April to play the ECHO Awards, and we're guessing they'll play a show or two around there around that time. Lots of things coming soon! Lots of soons. Mike and Chester are currently in Toronto, Canada and Phoenix will be heading to Germany to do promo, so perhaps we'll hear some more clues as to when the band will be performing.

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page to make sure you don't miss out on anything.

I like this song a lot more than Heavy. I think if they're going to do a pop album, it needs to be like this - lean into it. Heavy felt a little half-hearted to me, but this hits the spot. Hopefully the rest of the album has a feel similar to this track.

First time listening to it actually. Now THIS is a song I can enjoy! Especially love the bridge. Longer than Heavy and 1000x better! Heavy is a very subpar song compared to this, and I especially like the sound of the song, This is an album I'd buy if it had more songs like this, Heavy worried me, but Battle Symphony has calmed my nerves a little. BS=Good pop Heavy=Mediocre/Average pop

“We’ve been around long enough that music trends have gone away from us and come back. And right now, they’re away. Rock music has gone in this direction that’s like indie pop jingles. It’s like songs that could be on Nick Jr. and the Disney Channel. I can’t see myself writing music like that. I don’t want to follow that trend. Forget it!”

“We’ve been around long enough that music trends have gone away from us and come back. And right now, they’re away. Rock music has gone in this direction that’s like indie pop jingles. It’s like songs that could be on Nick Jr. and the Disney Channel. I can’t see myself writing music like that. I don’t want to follow that trend. Forget it!”

It's not the band's fault that people like you are taking a singular quote that pertained to the writing process behind a singular album out of context and interpreting it as if it's supposed to be some goddamn "THOU SHALT NEVER WRITE POP SONGS" manifesto that the band has to be held to for the rest of their fucking career. LP put Wastelands on The Hunting Party after saying prior to A Thousand Suns that they were "throwing out anything that sounded like Hybrid Theory/Meteora," but I don't see you complaining about that or calling LP hypocrites for it.

^ New personal policy of mine, I'm keeping the above text saved so I can copy-paste it every time you or anyone else cite this quote out of context as some kind of justification for your bullshit.

Edited by Astat

It's not the band's fault that people like you are taking a singular quote that pertained to the writing process behind a singular album out of context and interpreting it as if it's supposed to be some goddamn "THOU SHALT NEVER WRITE POP SONGS" manifesto that the band has to be held to for the rest of their fucking career. LP put Wastelands on The Hunting Party after saying prior to A Thousand Suns that they were "throwing out anything that sounded like Hybrid Theory/Meteora," but I don't see you complaining about that or calling LP hypocrites for it.

^ New personal policy of mine, I'm keeping the above text saved so I can copy-paste it every time you or anyone else cite this quote out of context as some kind of justification for your bullshit.

Good job Astat! #TeamAstat

I don't know why some people fighting each other. I don't like this song. but I don't care about other people opinion. I don't even care what you think about my opinion. If you like it, enjoy it. if you don't like it, just press the "next" button.

Far better song than Heavy. Everyone is shitting on the instrumentation but I like the music to this song better than songs like War or even Wastelands. Simple doesn't mean bad. Loud guitars and fast drums doesn't mean good. To each his own. Nobody has to like this song or even this album as a whole. That's the beauty of Linkin Park. Just wait out this album cycle and see what direction they go in next.

If history has taught us anything, the band will be embarking on a new style while taking indirect shots at this album in a couple years anyway lol

Edited by Justin