LPU15 9th Track - HURRY (1999 Demo)

GlassCastles

VERY similar, Guitars sound just like So Far Away. It's the best track that they've released in the bi monthly download program. IMO

Just heard it. Is it an improvised version of "So Far Away" since it's 1999 demo while "So Far Away" was 1998?

Just heard it. Is it an improvised version of "So Far Away" since it's 1999 demo while "So Far Away" was 1998?

All LPU demos dated as 1998 are incorrectly labeled and are actually from 1999, due to Mike's mistaken belief for many years that Chester had joined the band in 1998, which was later proven to be untrue.

*Edit* Mike doesn't mention So Far Away in the video. He says that this song "never got any lyrics," and that it was entirely created on an MPC - Brad's guitar parts and Rob's drum parts were all loaded on the MPC and Mike arranged the song by sampling everything with the pads. This leads me to believe one of two things:

1. This is actually an earlier demo of So Far Away, and Mike just completely forgot the song existed (which wouldn't surprise me),

or...

2. So Far Away had already been abandoned at this point, and some samples/riffs from it were re-used in the creation of this song.

I have no idea which of these is actually true. Regardless, Mike has made so many statements about the band's history that are known to be untrue that I really don't think his memory should be trusted anymore. He refers to Carousel and Part of Me as "Xero demos" in the same LPU video where he discusses this song, he said in the Facebook live stream the other day that Manny Marroquin had mixed two of their albums when he only worked on Living Things...

Edited by Dmitry

This leads me to believe one of two things:

1. This is actually an earlier demo of So Far Away, and Mike just completely forgot the song existed (which wouldn't surprise me, Mike also refers to Carousel and Part of Me as "Xero demos" in the same video...)

or

2. So Far Away had already been abandoned at this point, and some samples/riffs from it were re-used in the creation of this song.

I have no idea which is actually true.

What a great theory. I guess the first one is the truth because Mike always "Forgotten". can't blame him, they got thousand of demos.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall it being said somewhere that So Far Away was done in the first batch of demos after Chester joined the band, like Blue, Slip, and the first version of Esaul. If that's the case, Hurry probably came later. The sound quality is a lot better on this than on So Far Away too, and the guitars sound like they're the same recording as the guitar tracks on So Far Away, so logistically it makes sense that So Far Away would have come first...

i think so far away evolved in this track that later become soundtrack i mean they had a lot of similarities the three tracks have the same tempo even sometimes the same drum pattern

Edited by Diaux

• 1 month later...

Hmmm

I always wanted to hear this one!!!

It is played on the "Rock the Mullet" LPTV Episode, during the Mullet Contest!!

wonder what else was used for LPTV, really great find by the way!