Fort Minor return on Conan June 22

DystopianBy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will see a new song plus some old stuff.I think Skylar Grey will be there.It looks like she has a lot of free time nowadays

New song for sure. I sure hope not on Skylar. It's way too early to even discuss guests because we don't even know if it's Mike by himself, or Mike + guests, or what. You'd think that if he had guests, they'd have leaked something in an interview at some point. Rappers are really bad at leaking stuff. Skylar is the definition of "sellout" to me; I know others feel differently but I am not a fan at all when she changed from Holly Brook. Her music as Holly was truly great (a lot of the non album stuff was A+ too)...especially O Dark Thirty EP.

why should they play more than one song? O.o

How many do they usually play on Conan? I guess just one.

FYI with Ryu saying he's not involved that pretty much means no SOB at all. We all know Tak won't be involved after he shit talked FM pretty badly. http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/shjdz/ama_request_mike_shinoda/

I hope Mike's rapping on this new Fort Minor material is better than what he's been doing with LP lately. If it's on the same level, then I'm more than likely going to be disappointed from a vocal stand point. I'm sure the instrumentals will be great, though.

Mike's put out some of the best verses he's done on ATS, Recharged and THP. The fuck are you talking about?

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes out and says he won't call it Fort Minor anymore and just go with Mike Shinoda or something like that. All the Fort Minor stuff was maybe just for gaining some attention again and for recognition.

I highly doubt that as he took the time to make the FM social media accounts. It'd be just silly if he did it as something else. He's clearly trolling with the latest post.

I highly doubt that as he took the time to make the FM social media accounts. It'd be just silly if he did it as something else. He's clearly trolling with the latest post.

He could have created them to get the attention there and create some hype. Then just rename them or merge them together with his regular social media accounts ;)

Mike is Fort Minor. He doesn't need to change the name. But wow unless something like Tak happened with Ryu, then I feel bad for him. Maybe Mike got the opportunity and just went with it. To me it seems really sudden that there's a show in the middle of the LP stuff. I honestly thought he'd wait till September, like when Chester is doing STP. Regardless, it's very exciting. Definitely watching Conan on Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes out and says he won't call it Fort Minor anymore and just go with Mike Shinoda or something like that. All the Fort Minor stuff was maybe just for gaining some attention again and for recognition.

In my opinion he just want to refresh the brand, change the logo etc.. He's just using it for hype and promotion.

I've got a little theory.

Fort Minor posted on Instagram earlier "Hello @m_shinoda" with a spraypainted "HELLO"

then

Mike posted on Instagram "Go away @fortminor" with the FM logo being crossed out.

Could this whole Hello / Go Away thing be related to new Fort Minor music? I guess we may find out on Monday. All aboard the hype train!

I was so busy posting I didn't actual notice the logo just had a big X over it haha. Hmm from a marketing perspective it would be silly to throw away that brand recognition. But maybe he will announce a new name on Conan, but for now he's being billed as Fort Minor.

I think the "go away Fort Minor" thing is Mike's way of saying he's gonna do things by himself this time. The fact that we know SOB is probably not involved adds even more sense. Or he might just be trolling. Guess we'll have to wait until Monday.

Oh and I see a lot of people taking Ryu's lated tweet seriously

"I'm not performing on Conan June 22nd. Not sure who "Fort Minor " is?"

I'm 100% sure he's just messing with people too. Ryu and Mike have been together a lot recently, if you see Ryu's Instagram too. I'm definitely sure Ryu will be at Conan too

Oh and I see a lot of people taking Ryu's lated tweet seriously

"I'm not performing on Conan June 22nd. Not sure who "Fort Minor " is?"

I'm 100% sure he's just messing with people too. Ryu and Mike have been together a lot recently, if you see Ryu's Instagram too. I'm definitely sure Ryu will be at Conan too

Surprised it took me this long to find someone mentioning this. You guys know how it goes every promo cycle, Mike just fucks with everyone because it gets people talking. Highly highly doubt he's getting rid of the Fort Minor brand. Stop over thinking it guys :)