Fort Minor return on Conan June 22

DystopianBy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up haha. I wish Mike was a more straight forward kinda guy, but I feel like if this wasn't legit he'd at least say that. Thinking more and more now that they might be rebranding Fort Minor into something else. Or Mike is just silly. Either one.

Too bad Mike doesn't put this sort of effort into hyping up a new LP release anymore.

ATS was the last one. The rest is like "yeah we have a new album...let's not play any album promo shows on TV or anything...let's play like 2 songs live in our current setlists to crowds of 50-60,000 people...." - LP seems bored sometimes to me.

Completely different genre of music but Taylor Swift is on album 5 and she's on every fucking talk show, TV show, etc in the world to play a single or a few songs to promote her shit. Good Morning America, all of it. All sorts of shows.

ATS was the last one. The rest is like "yeah we have a new album...let's not play any album promo shows on TV or anything...let's play like 2 songs live in our current setlists to crowds of 50-60,000 people...." - LP seems bored sometimes to me.

Completely different genre of music but Taylor Swift is on album 5 and she's on every fucking talk show, TV show, etc in the world to play a single or a few songs to promote her shit. Good Morning America, all of it. All sorts of shows.

I think LP is trying HARD to get away from the mainstream...

They were for years the most popular rock band in the world...and now it seems that they want only the credibility of rock festivals and peers instead of spreading their music to a larger amount of people.

I think LP is trying HARD to get away from the mainstream...

They were for years the most popular rock band in the world...and now it seems that they want only the credibility of rock festivals and peers instead of spreading their music to a larger amount of people.

I agree with that to an extent but I think it's more of like...they just don't give a fuck anymore. I'm not CRITICIZING that, I'm just saying they don't seem to care. It's not the same thing as being lazy, but they are lazy in the sense of they don't promote the albums much anymore. Chester said when THP dropped that if they didn't sell another album in the world ever again, he wouldn't know. LP gets their money from touring and as long as they can appease their fans by a USA tour here, an international tour here, and keep raking in the HUGE cash from these 60,000+ European festivals during the summers, they are set. Europe really gives them an incredible amount of money...obviously there are a few others like Summer Sonic that do that too, but they earn bank in Europe in the summertime. Hell, Europe last fall too with 9 sold out Germany shows (holy fuck) and all the other hugely attended shows. That tour was massive. They don't get anywhere near that kind of money in the USA.

They will spread the music to a huge group of people with the new "pop" sound that I predict they'll go to. THP was going to pop originally, so I bet they go to that now. They might explode again into the mainstream, whether deliberately or not. We all know they can write a 3 minute #1 radio song in no time at all, so it'll be interesting to see their popularity with the next album. There's no doubt in my mind that if UIG was picked up by Transformers and promoted like New Divide was, that the tours in the USA would have sold even better.

I agree with that to an extent but I think it's more of like...they just don't give a fuck anymore. I'm not CRITICIZING that, I'm just saying they don't seem to care. It's not the same thing as being lazy, but they are lazy in the sense of they don't promote the albums much anymore. Chester said when THP dropped that if they didn't sell another album in the world ever again, he wouldn't know. LP gets their money from touring and as long as they can appease their fans by a USA tour here, an international tour here, and keep raking in the HUGE cash from these 60,000+ European festivals during the summers, they are set. Europe really gives them an incredible amount of money...obviously there are a few others like Summer Sonic that do that too, but they earn bank in Europe in the summertime. Hell, Europe last fall too with 9 sold out Germany shows (holy fuck) and all the other hugely attended shows. That tour was massive. They don't get anywhere near that kind of money in the USA.

They will spread the music to a huge group of people with the new "pop" sound that I predict they'll go to. THP was going to pop originally, so I bet they go to that now. They might explode again into the mainstream, whether deliberately or not. We all know they can write a 3 minute #1 radio song in no time at all, so it'll be interesting to see their popularity with the next album. There's no doubt in my mind that if UIG was picked up by Transformers and promoted like New Divide was, that the tours in the USA would have sold even better.

I agree with you in everything said Sir!!! B )

Well Fort Minor is definitely back, and he's definitely gonna be at Conan on Monday. But everything else just doesn't add up properly... Ryu's tweets, Mike's Snapchats... It's all very confusing. Maybe we'll get some answers on Monday and be like "Ooh it all makes sense now"

Wouldn't Fort Minor be clashing with Linkin Park if Linkin Park releases an new album in 2016?

my theory was that if Fort Minor were to do another album it would be released on November 2015. The Rising Tied was released on November 2005 so for a 10 year anniversary it would make sense. It might not be the case though

Could it be that the accounts are hacked?

No. All of the LP-related social media accounts are managed by the same people (in addition to the band members who post to them), and anything unauthorized would be dealt with in a matter of minutes. We already saw how swiftly they deal with this stuff when LP's Facebook was hacked a couple years ago.

This is confusing. I want to believe Ryu but they've been hanging out. Even if Ryu wasn't part of Conan I can't believe Mike wouldn't tell him. At this point I assumed Ryu was in Fort Minor because he hasn't released something new since the Demigodz album a year ago. I think Conan is the best late night host but I wish this premiere was on Fallon so Black Thought could be a possibility.

I'm racking my brain because I can't think of anybody else who would perform with Mike, but there's no chance he does it solo either. Skylar could be an option but she was with Ryu recently. Apathy definitely would have tweeted about it, and it's been 5 years since Mike has even been connected with anybody like Lupe.

I'm just going to hope that the next album isn't Mike featuring Rob Dyrdek and Chanel West Coast