2015.05.09 - Las Vegas, NV - Rock in Rio USA

I like LPs logic tho. "Hey, we'll play ALITS but we'll drop the 3 other hunting party songs we've been playing".

I know it was a festival setlist but still hahaha

LP and logic are two words that should never be together.

Anyway, the show was alright mainly because of ALITS. It was a pretty solid performance for a debut even if I felt Rob was a little 'off'. It's such a pity that they decided to keep the rest of the set untouched for this new tour (I honestly don't expect any surprises for the rest of the dates) because there are so many things that simply don't work. Glad to see Chester back and sounding good for the most part.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this would be a good festival set, and no short stuff. Needs more rock and less electronic stuff.

Papercut

Given Up

From The Inside

Points Of Authority

One Step Closer

A Line In The Sand

Wastelands

Castle Of Dance

Waiting For The End (Apaches/Wall Of Noise)

Numb/Encore

What I've Done

Rebellion

Mike Solo (different verse than RTN, please)

Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You

With You

Somewhere I Belong

Bleed It Out

------------

Guilty All The Same

A Place For My Head

Faint

Absolutelly agree. it's great one Set. but I'd have drop rebellion for the final masquerade.

DAMN! Mike looked so exhausted and RELIEVED when ALITS ended.. seemed like he was barely able to blurt out the words! Performance wasnt bad for a debut.. IT WAS PRETTY FUCKIN EPIC.

I'm pretty sure it will sound badass once they have done it more often! hopin that more THP tracks will survive in the setlist <3

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M1r8sHDB0A

full show! 360p , size 291 mb (hence suited for us low bandwidth users)

theres a YT channel that is uploadin all the LP performances individually one by one, expect all of them there, (except Papercut)

Edited by Stylu

I really hope they will include GATS and ALITS in the same set, one day. In my opinion, GATS really was the best live song from THP so far, and ALITS has made a big impression on me too now. On the opposite, they should just get rid of Wastelands.

imagine gATS->OSC->Faint->APFMH->ALITS

XD :) that wud be.... Profit??? !

We can make it even better man

GATS-OSC-FAINT-APFMH-FTI-ALITS-GU-BIO

Man if they play all that shit in Monterrey, in the other notes section of the show page someone must write that I died after the last song.

Edited by OrangeJZE

Wow, this is the first time that I think a song played by LP sounds better than the studio version. Back in 2001, when they played concerts like "Docklands Arena 2001", they played the songs like on the album, perfect for me.

But, I always thought that Chester sounds in ALITS so weak that I already saw myself skipping this song. I don't know why he is so weak and silent compared to so many other songs. But the life performance was awesome. Its sad that we already know now that this song has no chance to be kept in future sets after the THP-tour

Wow, this is the first time that I think a song played by LP sounds better than the studio version. Back in 2001, when they played concerts like "Docklands Arena 2001", they played the songs like on the album, perfect for me.

But, I always thought that Chester sounds in ALITS so weak that I already saw myself skipping this song. I don't know why he is so weak and silent compared to so many other songs. But the life performance was awesome. Its sad that we already know now that this song has no chance to be kept in future sets after the THP-tour

In studio version the instruments are mixed louder than chesters vocals during the chorus, not because chester is singing weak. And i agree it sounds better live.

Chester does crack a little more on the studio version too. I believe the thing that makes it a lot stronger though, is that the harmonies in the chorus are way louder than they were on the album version. They are very effective and Mike really do them justice. Nice!

for me the full show set should be like this

01. Guilty All The Same (Mashup intro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

03. From The Inside

04. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

05. A Line In The Sand (Live Debut; Keyboard Intro)

06. With You (shortened)

07. Runaway (Shortened; Outro Transition)

08. Wastelands

09. Until It's Gone (shortened w/mike rap intro)

10. Rebellion

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; WJL Bridge; Radiance Outro)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened)

14. Joe Solo Medley

15. Burn It Down (short)

16. New Divide (short)

17. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks; Wall Of Noise Outro)

18. Final Masquerade

19. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name)

20. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

23. Papercut (Shortened; 2015 Intro)

24. Lying From You (Shortened)

25. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

26. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-a-long)

Edited by stich