2015.05.09 - Las Vegas, NV - Rock in Rio USA

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really necessary to add that Sand has a keyboard intro? I mean the album version has it...

It's a longer keyboard intro. We can remove it if no one agrees that it should be there. It's definitely longer than the studio version, though.

Keep it for now, let's just see how it is played for the rest of the 20-something shows this year, because we know they won't keep it past this year lol. Sucks! They should use it to replace BIO as a closer. ALITS is finally a perfect new song they could close the show with.

I get to see it at its next show at ROTR :D

I really hope its:

Papercut

Given Up

From The Inside

One Step Closer

A Line In The Sand

Then I can leave before I get disappointed APFMH is dropped lol. I think something will go between ALITS/Runaway because the transition seemed rough at RIRUSA.

I would think that if it's different from the studio intro, it should be noted. Even just "ext. keyboard intro" or something. It's still noteworthy.

I love ALITS, but I never did understand the extremely huge demand for it to be played live. It's a good song but I personally could think of a couple others from THP I would rather hear live. Just my opinion, though. They can't please everyone, so I'm just happy they changed it up a little and added a new song.

After a third viewing, I'll say a few more things on ALITS:

Brad is driving ahead of his headlights on that solo for a few parts. The tapping was a little fast at first, but he fixed it.

At the end Mike looked a lot like I would after giving a presentation in HS... Destroyed and glad for it to be over.

Chester slowing it down on the final scream at the end is an awesome touch to it.

And as for the tempo debate, it depends who you would rather have struggle more: Mike and Chester will have to hold notes for longer if it is slower, but it is easier on Brad and Rob. The other way around if it is faster.

I guess Astat just feels the way about this song that I did about Rebellion debuting, I didn't want to hear that unless it was flawless either.

I don't think that it's neccesary, remeber Little Things? that one had a super extended intro, Sand is like 10 seconds longer than the studio and it's the same sound.

But it's not the same as the studio version. The guitar intro to Papercut is "the same sound" as the bridge guitar essentially, take that down too while you're at it guys.

I don't like GATS opening. Too many people still don't know the song and the crowd starts out meh. With that epic Papercut intro the crowd was really into it. Havent watched the stream, and I was at the back barricade, but all of us were rocking. So please keep papercut/awesome intro as the first song.

ALITS is my favorite song from THP so I was worried, but I had a blast. I think it was an amazing debut! Hope it stays in the set for a headline tour but considering Mike's face I have my doubts.

No idea why they had Joes solo after blackout. Not the place for it, too long of instrumental. Also not a great reaction to Mike's medley from where I was. But really I just want them to drop BID and ND, however casual fans loved it.

They should use it to replace BIO as a closer. ALITS is finally a perfect new song they could close the show with.

Agreed! I've been waiting for a new closer since A Thousand Suns. I was hoping Wretches & Kings was going to take that spot with an extended outro ala Faint. And then when that cycle came and went I hoped for Lost In The Echo but that never happened either...

My first listen to A Line In The Sand instantly made me hope for a closing spot on the set. If ANY song in Linkin Park's discography was designed to be a live closer, it's ALITS. Unfortunately it doesn't have that 'huge single' notoriety that nearly every closer from any band ever has.

I think that if LP is going to play ALITS they should play it at 200 BPM and Brad should learn how to play the first verse correctly...

Edited by mauriciokkp

My first listen to A Line In The Sand instantly made me hope for a closing spot on the set. If ANY song in Linkin Park's discography was designed to be a live closer, it's ALITS. Unfortunately it doesn't have that 'huge single' notoriety that nearly every closer from any band ever has.

Was Bleed it Out a huge single? Kappa

But it's not the same as the studio version. The guitar intro to Papercut is "the same sound" as the bridge guitar essentially, take that down too while you're at it guys.

APFMH had an extended intro in 2012 and that was more or less just the outro, so it makes the most sense that we just call it " Papercut (2015 intro)"