2015.05.09 - Las Vegas, NV - Rock in Rio USA

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While A Line In The Sand sound truly amazing live, i am really sad because seems that GATS will be dropped from the set. And i will never understand the LP logic: drop GATS but make a FULL New Divide and a FULL Burn It Down? Terrible choice in my opinion. Hoping that the full set has FTI, APFMH or Rebellion.

Papercut (FULL) with that intro sounds really cool, though.

While A Line In The Sand sound truly amazing live, i am really sad because seems that GATS will be dropped from the set. And i will never understand the LP logic: drop GATS but make a FULL New Divide and a FULL Burn It Down? Terrible choice in my opinion. Hoping that the full set has FTI, APFMH or Rebellion.

Papercut (FULL) with that intro sounds really cool, though.

Remember that this is a shortened setlist.

I think they'll add at least 4/5 full song in the full set and

also New Divide and Burn It Down could be shortened without any effort

Thank GOD they finally grew some balls and played A LINE IN THE FUCKING SAND!! And by the sound of the audience, the song was incredibly well received. See LP? People get excited by songs that aren't called "In The End" and "Numb" and *shivers* New Divide (Live)...

That said, ALITS was very impressive for a live debut. As usual Mike needs to be a bit more comfortable on vocals, but that will be remedied with a few more play throughs. Also the fact that Chester screams "Give me back what's mine" live every time rather than growling it, gives the song even more of a bite than before.

I'm so happy for ALITS, I'm really really excited! That's all I was waiting for. Now that they're playing ALITS, I'm fine. I just hope they don't drop it at least until the end of the whole touring cycle (so after Europe). Even better if they'll keep it forever but that's just a dream. I'm looking forward to seeing the full setlist for the next show, I hope they keep playing Final Masquerade and some other songs from THP like GATS or Rebellion.

For a shortened show, I think they played a great set. Very nice to see Papercut opening a show again, and the intro sounds terrific. A Line In The Sand sounded great live, it was an epic debut. I actually decided not to see the set before the webcast, so I was freaking out when the keyboard intro started. I believe we'll see FTI, APFMH and Final Masquerade in the full set. Unfortunatley, I don't see a chance for GATS to be played for the rest of the leg, unless they'll change the set again for the Chinese and European tours. The band sounded very good on the rest of the songs as well. In my opinion, it was a great show.

That intro is even more boring than the GATS intro. Didn't thought that was possible.

ALITS sounds pretty awesome live though. Didn't expect them to pull it off that good. Chester also seems to be on fire. Always nice to see.

For the first show of the season (kinda like the Tuscon show this time last year), it was pretty cool, but I'll wait until the full setlist debuts.

ALITS was really good for the first time, not too many problems: Mike sounded good at first and his keyboard intro was good, but he got bad at the outro. Chester was flat when he came in on the harmony but he was good at the end of that and did a great job for the choruses, always full of energy. On the last chorus they messed up the lyrics. Brad did a good job on that tough solo and it looks like he changed it a bit, he sounded a little sloppy though. I couldn't tell anything wrong with rob's drumming.

The Papercut intro sounds awesome, a little bit of ambience added to a heavy intro. Hope that stays, wheter Papercut remains a show opener or not.

Edited by ATylerInTheSand

You might want to add to notes that ALITS was played at 190BPM while Album version is 200BPM. Im kinda curious what was the point of slowing it down? It just makes it longer which obviously means that it takes more space in set and THAT is a bad thing IMO even if it's not a lot.

I agree with everyone saying that this is the first time in a while that a live version of a song sounds better than the studio version. The band looks genuinely happy to play it and they nailed it. I like the effects on Mike's vocals at like the 3:15 mark when he gets off the keyboard.

Maybe they slowed it down slightly because of Rob. The sound of it is good.

I just watched the show, and it was really good. Chester vocals are still great, but I got a feeling that Chester's screams improved. I'm really glad that Papercut got played in full again. What annoyed me about the show was that fact that even though they had to shorten the setlist, they left Robot Boy, Joe and Mike solo in the setlist, they could put much more attractive songs in that place. In addition they played Wastelands, why Wastelands? They could play FM, UIG, GATS or Rebelion instead.

You might want to add to notes that ALITS was played at 190BPM while Album version is 200BPM.

I knew ALITS was played slower, but at the time I though that there's just something wrong with me. I really enjoyed the ALITS performance and I'm glad they added it to the setlist. I wonder if there will be more songs added to the setlist, or if ALITS will rotate with another song from THP. I hope that a heavier song will be added, like KTTK or War.

Don't put something that ranks in the top 2 or 3 songs you've ever recorded in the setlist if you can't play it at its original tempo. This version of ALITS drags SO. FUCKING. BAD. The energy of the studio version is just GONE. Cool to see them try it and glad we got a proshot of it, but they can drop it for good after one performance for all I care.

/unpopularopinion

Calm down Astat, I think ALITS sounds great. I didn't even notice the tempo change, its only 5% slower and it still sounds good because it's already a fast song. Yeah, Mike's rap part is where it slows down a bit, but the jam session bridge is awesome and Chester keeps the crowd ready. I've been saying for a while that this is possibly their best song and its made for the stage and I'm glad it translated well.