2015.1.15 - Orlando, Florida

RogueSoul

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawling seems reasonable, and Mike said before it will be the first song to be dropped to make room for new songs. My guess is they're going to drop either Crawling or LITE (which will suck, I really like LITE live). If War is going to be added, I hope they'll open the encore with it, maybe with a short intro of The Summoning. I think it can work really good as an encore opener, instead of a shortened song.

Could be War which is a great song (although short). Haha, imagine if they cut the song half and did like War/Victimized, i would buy tickets just to go kill them for that. The thing i'm trying to understand though is why would they pick War instead of A Line In The Sand which is an obvious fan favourite at least from reading reviews, youtube comments, my personal opinion, and what Phoenix told us. (He said that fans are begging LP on Twitter to play it live)

Could be War which is a great song (although short). Haha, imagine if they cut the song half and did like War/Victimized, i would buy tickets just to go kill them for that. The thing i'm trying to understand though is why would they pick War instead of A Line In The Sand which is an obvious fan favourite at least from reading reviews, youtube comments, my personal opinion, and what Phoenix told us. (He said that fans are begging LP on Twitter to play it live)

As it's been said, there's a lot of time constraints that would have to be worked around in order to add a nearly 7-minute song to the setlist. War clocks in at a little over two minutes, almost a third of that time.

As it's been said, there's a lot of time constraints that would have to be worked around in order to add a nearly 7-minute song to the setlist. War clocks in at a little over two minutes, almost a third of that time.

Very possible. I still think that if they really wanted to add it, they'd get it done. It all depends how they want to spend their time. Add War = more freetime and less shit to deal with.

If there is a chance somewhere during the tour or later in the year...

an idea to spice up a Live Performance of KTTK? LP to pay Disney some money, so they can use the Sample they intended to use and play it as an interlude right before KTTK is played :D

Just an opinion :P.

But, if War is added onto the sets of the tour, so be it!

If there is a chance somewhere during the tour or later in the year...

an idea to spice up a Live Performance of KTTK? LP to pay Disney some money, so they can use the Sample they intended to use and play it as an interlude right before KTTK is played :D

Just an opinion :P.

But, if War is added onto the sets of the tour, so be it!

But wasn't the Frozen sample supposed to be in the interlude between KTTK and AFN?

Wait, I thought that Frozen sample was the starter of the song?

and I just heard about this sample thing, so I'm not really sure :P

No, I'm fairly certain I've heard that's just a bunch of dissonant notes on guitar edited and mashed up. I know it's not a Frozen sample. The Frozen sample isn't in the actual song, it was going to be the ending interlude but they had to take it out because Disney wouldn't clear it. Which is why instead they put "I'm not allowed to say certain things!".

Correct me if I messed up something, anyone.

Edited by Lord-of-the-Wobbuffets

No, I'm fairly certain I've heard that's just a bunch of dissonant notes on guitar edited and mashed up. I know it's not a Frozen sample. The Frozen sample isn't in the actual song, it was going to be the ending interlude but they had to take it out because Disney wouldn't clear it. Which is why instead they put "I'm not allowed to say certain things!".

Correct me if I messed up something, anyone.

That kinda sucks.... Setting related to Kingdom of Hearts or just Disney Kingdoms could be used as samples to Kingdom related songs :D

I'm here in Orlando.

What I think they'll do is drop Runaway and add War, in both sets. I don't see them changing anything else. And I think they'll keep all 3 guests in the set.

What I hope they DON'T do is shorten something or drop something because it's the first show of the tour. Sunrise 2011 and WPB 2014 both had that happen. They've had trouble with the first show sometimes. But let's hope for Set B at least.

I'll tweet the set live and you'll see it on the LPL Twitter as Soul will copy it and put it there. I tweet too much random shit for me to do it myself from the LPL one.

Starting to enjoy the stuff we do outside of the shows more than the shows themselves. Good opportunities to see the cities and to do fun things in them. The shows take a lot of time and energy but I guess it isn't the same if we don't go.

Dude we are talking about Linkin Park, this is the same band that played a full version of Light and dropped it forever, they have 95% of the set ready, let's wait until the 15th to see what's the brand new song that they are debuting.

Well, the new song they're debuting can't be Keys to the Kingdom, All for Nothing, Mark the Graves, or A Line in the Sand based on that one picture of Brad, so...

This is confusing me... Why would they suddenly tune that Drop D strat to standard for one song? He has others that they could use in standard.

And while we are all giving ridiculous theories, maybe that IS in Drop D and he's playing an F9 Chord or something unusual for him. I've been playing GATS and ALITS for a while and they both have an F chord in there obviously, but I have no idea about that augmentation.

Not the first time they've re-tuned guitars for multiple purposes (although odd that it's being done with the primary Strat as opposed to the backup). When they play Somewhere I Belong in Set B, Mike and Brad are using their C# backup guitars re-tuned to Eb, since they don't have a dedicated Eb guitar in their rigs at present. When When They Come for Me (which is in standard tuning on a PRS) was in the set, Brad was using one of his Drop D PRS's with the low D tuned up. Maybe he's just using the primary Strat during rehearsals because he prefers it, and you don't have to deal with the pacing of a live show's guitar changes during rehearsals. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Rory Gallagher Strat make a return for War during the actual shows.

An F9 chord in Drop D wouldn't be using the ring finger on the 5th fret like that, it'd be 3-3-5, not 3-5-5, which is clearly what Brad's playing. If it's in Drop D, he's playing the notes F, D, and G from low to high, which is an incredibly bizarre triad of notes that doesn't really fit any chord voicing in traditional music theory...the closest thing would be like an "upside-down" Gm7 chord, but even that's a stretch because the root note would be the top note of the chord, which basically never happens with a 3-or-more-note voicing. If you can find a Linkin Park song with a chord that bizarre in it, I'll give you a cookie...

I'm really surprised by the amount of backlash I'm getting for knowing what the fuck I'm talking about.

Look, I can't say with 100% certainty that they *WILL* play War. I'm not in the band, and we all know that weird shit can happen. But I AM 100% confident that the Instagram picture shows Brad playing War, and I highly doubt they would have posted that picture and teased a new song if they weren't sure it was being played on the upcoming tour. If they end up not playing it, it must have been a last-minute decision.

Or maybe the "new song" is a cover of all nine parts of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, complete with Joe Hahn on saxophone. This will take up approximately half of the setlist, so the remainder of the show will consist of every other song in the LP discography shortened to 15 seconds.

They'd have to drop 2 full songs for ALITS or shorten like 4 more songs to make room for it.

They should finally bring out Rakim at one of the shows, this is ridiculous that this hasn't happened yet. On the other hand that's Mike's big moment in the first song of the set.

If Rakim is gonna come out, it would probably be at the Brooklyn show, although I'm not attending that one, which sucks.

Hahninator, can you post a pic of the merch from this tour please?

Edited by Geki

But you have like 3 major theme parks like 20 minutes away from the city.

Disneyworld is a great place :D.

Another random LP idea from me is that LP does a one-off performance at one of the DisneyLand/Disney World Locations (Orlando, California, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris or Shanghai (provided that LP isn't Banned from China)) and perform KTTK and an extended Disney skit based on that one sample :P.

Disneyworld is a great place :D.

Another random LP idea from me is that LP does a one-off performance at one of the DisneyLand/Disney World Locations (Orlando, California, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris or Shanghai (provided that LP isn't Banned from China)) and perform KTTK and an extended Disney skit based on that one sample :P.

Dude, just give up on the whole Disney and bit that was cut from the end of KTTK. You are acting n00bish. LP isn't a Disney band and they aren't going to play KTTK live most likely, and if they were to play it live, I highly doubt that they would play something that was cut from the album. They wouldn't even play the ''I'm not allowed to say certain things'' part at the end, most likely.

Watch this interview starting at about 6:45, Mike explains the Disney shit, and see if you still think LP would play it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22jkUOumik4

Edited by Geki

Dude, just give up on the whole Disney and bit that was cut from the end of KTTK. You are acting n00bish. LP isn't a Disney band and they aren't going to play KTTK live most likely, and if they were to play it live, I highly doubt that they would play something that was cut from the album. They wouldn't even play the ''I'm not allowed to say certain things'' part at the end, most likely.

Watch this interview, Mike explains the Disney shit, and see if you still think LP would play it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22jkUOumik4

It's just a fantasy, dude, chill.

I never said LP was a disney band :P

Regardless.... I'd like to see this "New Song" LP m,ay add to the setlist

Edited by xLP0562x