2015.1.15 - Orlando, Florida

RogueSoul

A Place For My Head and From The Inside are absolutely new songs. A Place For My Head hasn't been played on this cycle with any level of consistency, and From The Inside hasn't been played in 2 and a half years. I'd argue those are new songs, just not from the new album.

Meh. That's debatable. Maybe to people who have never seen LP live before. But I personally wouldn't call them ''new songs'' because they've been played a shit ton in the past and because they are from the earliest LP albums of all. But like I said, I think it's great that LP added these because a lot of LP fans love these songs and probably want to see them in every set for the rest of the band's career.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason that New Divide pisses me off is for that sole reason. The fact that they wrote the song specifically for a super huge commercial film and it got a lot of radio airplay and now they won't ever drop the song because of that. Most of my favorite LP songs are the less popular ones, like Valentine's Day, In Pieces, Keys To The Kingdom, The Messenger, What We Don't Know, etc. Although, What I've Done is my favorite LP song of all and that's a pretty big commercial song, so hey, maybe I'm just a hypocrite.

You are not hypocrite, I strongly believe that music is just personal you should not give a shit if your favorite song is one of their most commercial songs... sometimes a song chooses you.

It's like you EXPECT a band who's famous WORLDWIDE due to specific songs to drop those songs to satisfy a MUCH smaller demographic...

I don't expect shit man. I'm just saying that for me personally, I would rather see them play songs from the new album and drop a few songs like New Divide to make room. I know LP isn't going to do that. That's why I said ''this is LP we are talking about here'' in my earlier post.

Why? Those are absolutely new songs for the cycle. Please explain to me how that's not the case.

To me a new song for any set from any era would be something that has never been performed live (The halfs from LT & THP)

I respect your logic but it's just non-sense.

The only way to please all the hardcore fans is doing a special LPU show with a setlist choosen by the fans, film that show release it as LPU-- and BANG you have the best release ever.

Great band, but you have to admit it: their sets suck.

It's just super filled with mostly only big singles and mainstream stuff. I remember back in like 2007 and 2008 when I would go to LP shows and they would play shit like A Place For My Head, My December, Valentine's Day, No More Sorrow, hell, even a Rihanna cover at one point. Or when I would see LP in 2010 and 2011 and they added TONS of shit from A Thousand Suns and they didn't give a fuck if it was commercially successful or not, they still put most of the album into the set at every show, it was awesome and it took balls. Even recently in 2012, when they made stuff like Lying From You/Papercut and VICTIMIZED/Qwerty or played When They Come For Me still, even though it wasn't a huge hit on radio. But now it seems like they are just playing mostly ONLY the big hits and stuff that will appeal commercially.

From The Inside and A Place For My Head are both good songs and I think they are a good addition to the set. I just don't see why the band refuses to play stuff from the new album. They did that with LIVING THINGS, too. LP has like 4 or 5 REALLY big hits (In The End, Numb, What I've Done, New Divide and BURN IT DOWN) and then the rest are just mainstream songs that got some radio airplay. So it blows my mind that they refuse to drop any of the other 19 give or take songs from the set for some new songs or even old fan favorites like No More Sorrow and When They Come For Me. They are on the right track here with From The Inside and A Place For My Head but they should add even more, IMO.

I wish there wasn't so much criticism on here. Why can't we just enjoy that they are playing pretty awesome shows? I personally believe this is their best tour performance wise. Just because they don't play this song or that song doesn't mean a thing. The fact that they're still going strong should matter, not the fucking setlist.

It's like you EXPECT a band who's famous WORLDWIDE due to specific songs to drop those songs to satisfy a MUCH smaller demographic...

Actually yeah, I do expect them to satisfy smaller amounts of people.

Astat I guess we're both (all of us, really) wrong. Sorry Universe

Setlist says New Divide is shortened, LPL says it's not. Also "new abridged" Crawling but we're reporting it as the same one they've been playing. Hmm...probably a couple things that will end up being corrected later after Youtube videos surface, which has been typical this touring cycle.

FTI replaces POA, APFMH replaces Rebellion (if we're talking "full song for full song" replacements), shortened LITE and UIG dropped. I'm predicting that Set B will get UIG (full song) and War instead of Final Masquerade and Wastelands (Rebellion may be gone altogether). I think they'll keep With You in Set B and only play FTI in Set A. APFMH could go either way...depends on how they arrange the encore and what shortened songs they drop/move. Highly doubt they add a Set C based on Mike's pre-tour comments about keeping things relatively the same.

BTW, there's still nothing in this setlist that fits the Brad rehearsal picture, regardless of how much Joze keeps trying to antagonize me. :P There are G5-shaped chords at the 3rd fret in the chorus of APFMH, but it's definitely not a Strat song, plus it's tuned down half a step.

Holy mother FUCK. Freaking out. I'll post a review later tonight. Pooch introduced me to Mark Tremonti(!!!!) after the show wow. So happy.

FTI and APFMH were disgusting. 30th show for me and THAT happens. Haven't seen FTI in 5.5 years. Those two blow Rebellion and UIG away.

Astat: ND was 100% full. Weird the setlist says short. It's wrong. Crawling was a new abridged I guess? Intro, first verse, chorus, ending. Is that different than what they've been doing?

APFMH had Brad solo intro then the studio intro after it. It was so good. Not 2008 Brad solo intro. A new one.

Production was spot on. Huge loud sound. Pooch cranked it. New lighting on a few songs like WID.

I'm on about a level of 25 out of 10 right now. So impressed. Chester in FLAWLESS shape tonight.

Holy mother FUCK. Freaking out. I'll post a review later tonight. Pooch introduced me to Mark Tremonti(!!!!) after the show wow. So happy.

FTI and APFMH were disgusting. 30th show for me and THAT happens. Haven't seen FTI in 5.5 years. Those two blow Rebellion and UIG away.

Astat: ND was 100% full. Weird the setlist says short. It's wrong. Crawling was a new abridged I guess? Intro, first verse, chorus, ending. Is that different than what they've been doing?

APFMH had Brad solo intro then the studio intro after it. It was so good. Not 2008 Brad solo intro. A new one.

Production was spot on. Huge loud sound. Pooch cranked it. New lighting on a few songs like WID.

I'm on about a level of 25 out of 10 right now. So impressed. Chester in FLAWLESS shape tonight.

That's the same Crawling arrangement they've been doing since the start of Carnivores. Was it still at the faster tempo? Depends on if they still had the transition from the ND outro, I guess. Was there a transition into WID too?

Cool to hear about the APFMH intro, and hey, awesome you got to see it, you're 3 for 30 now LOL.

Oh I will take FTI and APFMH aka two of the filthiest jams in the fucking business over THP all day long. Please watch Chester on FTI on my Instagram. The man was EXPLODING. APFMH production was insane.

Tell us about your reaction when they started playing APFMH!

FROM THE INSIDE BITCHES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDy74R-elIQ&spfreload=10

APFMH HOLY CRAP THAT INTRO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g

Just watch my instageam video. I thought the intro was some Brad fakeout tease 100%. Because how many times have I wanted to see APFMH? A million. I said na no way.

Then it began. I lost my fucking mind. Whole song. The production was so disgusting. Lights going everywhere. Chester BLOWING up.

Just watch my instageam video. I thought the intro was some Brad fakeout tease 100%. Because how many times have I wanted to see APFMH? A million. I said na no way.

Then it began. I lost my fucking mind. Whole song. The production was so disgusting. Lights going everywhere. Chester BLOWING up.

what's your instagram?

It's funny how APFMH turns the quite hated and worn out boring Set A into awesome Set A all the sudden. :rolleyes:

Really weird that Rebellion is not in this set, which is their current single lol. If UIG is back it would be nice if they did the full version again, I think it's a great live song.

Why would APFMH be the "new" song? That doesn't make any sense, they don't really need to rehearse it and wouldn't advertise it on social media if it wasn't a truly new song.

Do we know for sure that they didn't drop anything? The set feels a little short to me.

I am so fucking happy for the APFMH return. I hope that the band understood tgat this song needs to stay in every set in every tour. Also From The Inside is an AWESOME surprise.

The only weird thing is no Rebellion. Was it dropped for APFMH? They had dropped too much thing (UIG (with MS Rap intro), WTFE ext. Outro, the LITE minute, Rebellion) for only APFMH. I also think that a song was not played for unknow reason.

Now i can't wait to see the set B. Still hope for new THP song.