2015.1.15 - Orlando, Florida

RogueSoul

10417619_10152822619756788_2060560257899

It's that time again! Linkin Park is officially back on tour after a month long break for the holidays for their second North American run of The Hunting Party Touring Cycle (the first one being the Carnivores Tour with Thirty Seconds To Mars and AFI in Summer 2014). This time, the band will be bringing special guests Rise Against and Of Mice & Men on the road with them for the month-long tour. The 2015 Winter North American Tour will be hitting cities the band hasn't performed at for years (the latest being 2012, the earliest being never!) including Nashville, Ontario, and Manchester.

This will be the band's fourth appearance in Orlando, and the first time since July 2003 - it's been an entire decade since they've performed there! The band will take the stage at the Amway Center at this show, a venue new for the band. The first known performance we have of Linkin Park in Orlando dates back to July 2000 at The Sapphire, famous for being the earliest live recording we %5Bcurrently%5D have of the band. You can grab the audio recording from The MP3 Collection thread in our Audio Downloads section! This show take place before the release of Hybrid Theory, but the band still played everyone's favorites including 'A Place For My Head', 'Points Of Authority', and 'One Step Closer'. The band returned to Orlando later that year in November, at Hard Rock Live. We don't have any details regarding that show - if you have any, be sure to tell us anything you remember! We can certainly say the band performed a bunch of songs from the then-newly released Hybrid Theory including 'With You' and 'Runaway'. The band's most recent performance in Orlando was at the Florida Citrus Bowl, in July 2003 on Metallica's 'Summer Sanitarium' Tour. The band performed many Meteora songs in Orlando for the first time, including 'Faint', 'Figure.09', and 'From The Inside'. Hopefully the band can keep up their history of strong shows in Orlando!

The question even will be asking as the tour inches closer to beginning - what will the band be playing? New songs from The Hunting Party? The same-old setlist we've seen? New setlists? Well, to be honest, possibly a mix of everything. Mike has hinted that for the upcoming tour, there wouldn't be too many significant changes to the set, possibly rotating some songs around and adding one or two new THP songs into the mix. Recently, in an interview with 102.9 The Buzz's Hayley St. John, he commented on how the "setlist we've been playing really incorporates every era of the band." While we can't argue with that, it seemed like the band would be making minimal changes to the setlist. That is, until the band posted this picture to Instagram, with the caption, "BBB rehearsing a new song." While we can't say 100% for certain what that song will be, with the conclusions drawn by Linkin Park guru Astat, it looks like the band will be adding 'War' into the setlist. As for other changes, we're not too sure. It is known the band has rehearsed through the entirety of both Hybrid Theory and The Hunting Party at some point in this touring cycle's rehearsals, as well as some other heavy hitters like 'No More Sorrow', 'Breaking The Habit', and 'Wretches and Kings'. Will any of those songs have a chance of seeing the limelight again? For a list of songs the band has rehearsed but not played over the years, check out this thread. Another variable to look forward to are new verses rapped over Mike's Solo Medley (so far, he's rapped 'Remember The Name', the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs Remix, 'When They Come For Me', 'Hands Held High' (2x), and 'High Voltage' (1x)). According to this poll, other songs the fans want to see include 'In Stereo', 'Dedicated', and 'Step Up'! What verses do YOU want to see over his medley?

With the addition of 'War' into the setlist, that will bring the total number of The Hunting Party songs in the setlist to a 6 1/2 (since 'The Summoning' appears in Mashup Intro #2). Check out this video of the live debut of 'Rebellion' back in West Palm Beach, FL on the Carnivores Tour. Will 'War' be a great live song? What other songs from The Hunting Party do you want to see live?

The two bands Linkin Park will be touring with this time around definitely fit in with the whole "heavy" aspect of The Hunting Party. Rise Against and Of Mice & Men! Rise Against are known for their powerful shows and songs such as 'Prayer Of The Refugee', 'Give It All' and 'Savior'. Their newest album, The Black Market was released last year. Expect to see a mix of their hits and new songs during their set! Tim McIlrath, the band's lead singer, joined Linkin Park onstage for 'Bleed It Out' on the two holiday shows they performed at in December. Will we see this collaboration happen more often? Tim's voice may be complimentary to 'War'! Of Mice & Men is a name you should all be familiar with - a fantastic novel by John Steinbeck. Also, a heavy rock band hailing from California. They joined the band on their last major tour in Europe back in 2014. Austin Carlile has been constantly coming out to sing with Chester during 'Faint', and Aaron Pauley began to sing during the 'Iridescent' portion of the Ballad Medley, as well. The band just released a live music video for their song 'Identity Disorder', featuring footage from The Hunting Party European Tour, where they began playing the song for the first time. The deluxe version of their new album, Restoring Force is set to be released later this month. A bunch of collaborations are possibilities here - hopefully we'll see them often!

The Linkin Park world has been busy outside of this tour as well - last month, the OST for Joe's movie, MALL was released featuring previously unreleased songs including 'It Goes Through' and 'White Noise'. LPLive managed to get a hold of the songs from the mobile app, "Linkin Park Recharged: Wastelands" as well, featuring brand new tracks like 'Dawn' and 'Charge'. Grab them all here! More tour rumors have been popping up everywhere - shows in Asia (China, India), South America (Rock in Rio Brazil), Europe (Rockenheim, Glastonbury) and North America (Mayhem Festival Tour) are all possibilities! Check out all the rumors in this thread.

Who's pumped for the new tour?! If you're heading to the show, be sure to post in this thread - LPLive member Papercut will be there! Anyone thinking of a LPLive meetup? We're going to be covering every detail of every show, so be sure to keep a close eye on LPLive! Mark, also known as LPLive Admin Hahninator, will be traveling to the first few shows of the tour and livetweeting the setlists - we'll keep you covered on that, too! After Orlando, the band heads to Nashville, Tennessee for the first time since 2008, then to Indianapolis, Indiana for the first time since 2003. Check out our store and rock some LPLive merch to the shows! Be sure to follow us on Twitter for live updates on the show!

Show Page Notes

Date: January 15, 2015

Venue: Amway Center

Tour: The Hunting Party North American Tour

Show #1 of 19

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. From The Inside (Tour Debut)

05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

06. Blackout (Shortened Instrumental)

07. Papercut (Shortened)

08. Runaway (Shortened; Bridge Transition)

09. Wastelands

10. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; w/ ATS Interludes)

11. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

12. Robot Boy (Shortened Instrumental)

13. Joe Solo Medley

14. Burn It Down

15. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ UIB)

16. Final Masquerade

17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Skin To Bone Remix)

18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro)

19. In The End

20. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

21. A Place For My Head

22. New Divide (Full)

23. Crawling (Shortened; Faster Tempo)

24. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

25. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Catalyst Sing-a-long)

Show Notes:

- 'From The Inside' was performed for the first time since 2012.6.10 Maxidrom.

- The Wall Of Noise Outro for 'Waiting For The End' was dropped from the setlist after being performed for every performance since its debut at the Music For Relief + Power The World Benefit on 2012.5.18.

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a hybrid verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the Nick Catchdubs remix of 'Skin To Bone'.

- 'A Place For My Head' was added to the setlist to open the encore. This was the first performance of the song since the band performed at Warped Tour on 2014.6.22.

- After being performed as a shortened version for a majority of the touring cycle, 'New Divide' was played in full.

- The studio intro of 'What I've Done' was performed instead of beginning of the short ticking intro.

- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.

Debuts:

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pre-show post sucks.

Thank you. I didn't put an hour of work into it, I just wrote down a few sentences and thought it was enough. I'm glad someone could point out how useless my effort was instead of making a relevant comment.

Hahninator, what shows will you be going to?

Anyway, I really don't want them to do War, I just want ALITS, which might be my favorite LP song of all time at this point. Maybe there will be some other changeups in the setlist, just minor stuff. I'm hoping for guests like Tim, Austin, Aaron, and whoever else is available. Maybe a change in Mike's medley too.

I've been getting into OM&M lately and I'm really excited for them, but indifferent about RA.

Great as always but you are giving as a confirmation that War is going to be played which can't be confirmed by a picture, what if Brad was playing another song? messing around?

I still believe that they will play more than one new song.

Thank you. I didn't put an hour of work into it, I just wrote down a few sentences and thought it was enough. I'm glad someone could point out how useless my effort was instead of making a relevant comment.

Haters gonna hate.

Great as always but you are giving as a confirmation that War is going to be played which can't be confirmed by a picture, what if Brad was playing another song? messing around?

War is literally the only song in the entire Linkin Park discography that's played in standard tuning on a Strat that uses a 3rd fret G5 chord. Unless it's a cover or a song that's entirely unknown to us, the only thing Brad could possibly be playing in that picture is War. He wouldn't have been "just messing around" either because the guitar he's playing on is normally drop-tuned, so he wouldn't have tuned it up to standard unless it was required for something.

Rebellion will flat-out not be performed live without Daron, I almost guarantee it. The guitar tuning Daron uses is not one that LP uses. Brad and Phoenix would also have to learn guitar/bass parts that they didn't have any part in recording, and fairly difficult ones at that. It's a shame, because other than the instrumentation being a deal-breaker, this song would probably translate pretty well live.

You cannot guarantee anything, until this touring cycle ends anything is possible.. What if they were just rehearsing War but they ended up playing Keys?

Edited by OrangeChester

You cannot guarantee anything, until this touring cycle ends anything is possible.. What if they were just rehearsing War but they ended up playing Keys?

Yep, because they'd totally be rehearsing a song they have no intention of playing during a 3-day cram session for a tour, and purposely take a picture of that specific song and post it on their Instagram with the caption "Brad rehearsing a new song for the upcoming tour." :rolleyes: You think they go into rehearsals without their setlists already prepared, and just figure out what songs they're playing on the spot? Mike was doing the Ableton Live sequencing for the Carnivores Tour setlists 3 MONTHS in advance. If they're rehearsing War (which I've already proven they are), they intend to play it on this tour, and have for quite some time.

Also, note the presence and placement of the word "almost" in the post you just quoted...

Yep, because they'd totally be rehearsing a song they have no intention of playing during a 3-day cram session for a tour, and purposely take a picture of that specific song and post it on their Instagram with the caption "Brad rehearsing a new song for the upcoming tour." :rolleyes: You think they go into rehearsals without their setlists already prepared, and just figure out what songs they're playing on the spot? Mike was doing the Ableton Live sequencing for the Carnivores Tour setlists 3 MONTHS in advance. If they're rehearsing War (which I've already proven they are), they intend to play it on this tour, and have for quite some time.

Also, note the presence and placement of the word "almost" in the post you just quoted...

This answer is just missing:

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Anyway, I'm really looking forward for them to play war. it'll be nice to have another song from THP around

Edited by linkin_boss

Yep, because they'd totally be rehearsing a song they have no intention of playing during a 3-day cram session for a tour, and purposely take a picture of that specific song and post it on their Instagram with the caption "Brad rehearsing a new song for the upcoming tour." :rolleyes: You think they go into rehearsals without their setlists already prepared, and just figure out what songs they're playing on the spot?

Dude we are talking about Linkin Park, this is the same band that played a full version of Light and dropped it forever, they have 95% of the set ready, let's wait until the 15th to see what's the brand new song that they are debuting.

Im not confirming anything, nor did Iclaim to.I'm just saying based on what we've figured out, this is what looks like is going to happen.

War is literally the only song in the entire Linkin Park discography that's played in standard tuning on a Strat that uses a 3rd fret G5 chord. Unless it's a cover or a song that's entirely unknown to us, the only thing Brad could possibly be playing in that picture is War. He wouldn't have been "just messing around" either because the guitar he's playing on is normally drop-tuned, so he wouldn't have tuned it up to standard unless it was required for something.

This is confusing me... Why would they suddenly tune that Drop D strat to standard for one song? He has others that they could use in standard.

And while we are all giving ridiculous theories, maybe that IS in Drop D and he's playing an F9 Chord or something unusual for him. I've been playing GATS and ALITS for a while and they both have an F chord in there obviously, but I have no idea about that augmentation.

War is the only song I skip on THP. I liked it at first but that's faded. I'm interested to hear how it turns out live.

Really? Every time the track starts to play I turn the shit up. I think anyone who is a fan of Rise Against would like the song War.

This is confusing me... Why would they suddenly tune that Drop D strat to standard for one song? He has others that they could use in standard.

That same argument could be used for Rebellion. The guitar Brad uses for it was originally a backup Drop D tuning (Astat can check that) but they tuned it to Drop C specifically for Rebellion

In my opinion it will be War with no doubt. It is the easiest song to perform and the most immediate one to incorporate in the setlist. A song like ALITS with its over 6+ minutes requires more songs to be dropped from the set, and with this kind of structured set it could be difficult.

I think they will drop Runaway and play Wastelands with the album intro.

Edited by HyruleKing

In my opinion it will be War with no doubt. It is the easiest song to perform and the most immediate one to incorporate in the setlist. A song like ALITS with its over 6+ minutes requires more songs to be dropped from the set, and with this kind of structured set it could be difficult.

Hopefully. I don't even understand why they brought back Runaway.

Really? Every time the track starts to play I turn the shit up. I think anyone who is a fan of Rise Against would like the song War.

I love Rise Against, but I wasn't too big on the song when the album came out.

Edited by Lord-of-the-Wobbuffets

Kill Runaway and the Ballad Medley, there you go 6 minutes to play ALITS.