2015.1.15 - Orlando, Florida

RogueSoul

Don't really care for From The Inside or A Place For My Head. I've seen both of them live a lot of times and I'm not the type of fan who will have an orgasm if they play something from Hybrid Theory or Meteora. But I know this will please A LOT of the typical LP fanbase, so more power to them, I guess. I know the show is not over yet but I have to say that I am a bit let down. I mean this is the fucking Hunting Party tour, and now they play even LESS songs from the album since they dropped Rebellion. I'll still have fun at the shows either way, but I was really looking forward to hearing Keys To The Kingdom, War and A Line In The Sand live at some point in my life, but I guess that most likely won't be happening.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very weird that they didn't play Rebellion, isn't that their current single that they are trying to promote for their new album? And no Until It's Gone, either? Wtf? This band never makes much sense to me when it comes to their live show. If they want to shock people and be balls to the wall with energy, have Keys To The Kingdom open up the set with just Chester screaming, just like on the album version. Then the drums would kick in, etc. Omg I think I would actually mosh at a LP show for once if they did that. But yeah, A Line In The Sand should absolutely 100% be played. AT LEAST just play War or something. From The Inside and A Place For My Head are both heavy and fan favorite for sure, but I want to hear some shit from the new album, too. Drop the pop shit in the set and replace it with hard rockers or even mid tempo rockers like What I've Done. Ditch Ballad Medley ditch Castle Of Glass, etc.

Edited by Geki

I've seen From The Inside on 7 different occasions and I've seen A Place For My Head on 4 different occasions, so that's probably why I'm not that excited. That and because I was hoping for songs from The Hunting Party. But the hardcore fanbase is shitting themselves right now over these songs being added to the setlist, so kudos to LP for that.

I've seen From The Inside on 7 different occasions and I've seen A Place For My Head on 4 different occasions, so that's probably why I'm not that excited. That and because I was hoping for songs from The Hunting Party. But the hardcore fanbase is shitting themselves right now over these songs being added to the setlist, so kudos to LP for that.

I've never seen From The Inside and only seen A Place For My Head once, so I am pretty excited that these are added. Granted, I also would have loved to see some more tracks from The Hunting Party…

Ballad Shitley has survived so long... that's amazing

Not really, it was only added recently in 2012. I'm surprised that shit like New Divide is still in the set, to be honest. By issue with Ballad Medley isn't because I would consider it ''shit'', but because it doesn't fit at all with attitude of The Hunting Party and also because it doesn't fit with the whole high energy, visceral attitude of the setlist anymore. It fit back in the LIVING THINGS cycle because that was a pop rock record and it blended well with a lot of that stuff that they were playing back then.

So was that whole ''Brad rehearsing a new song'' picture just a bunch of bullshit? Unless they are going to be doing rotating setlists on this tour and they have War or something on one of the other setlists, but I wouldn't count on it.

Note to LP: Bringing back a song from 2000 and 2003 doesn't qualify as a ''new song''. :P

Not really, it was only added recently in 2012. I'm surprised that shit like New Divide is still in the set, to be honest. By issue with Ballad Medley isn't because I would consider it ''shit'', but because it doesn't fit at all with attitude of The Hunting Party and also because it doesn't fit with the whole high energy, visceral attitude of the setlist anymore. It fit back in the LIVING THINGS cycle because that was a pop rock record and it blended well with a lot of that stuff that they were playing back then.

The new set has a lot of spaces where every member of the band can take a rest, the Ballad Shitley is one of them, they won't remove New Divide is like the most famous song they have next to In The End and Numb.

So was that whole ''Brad rehearsing a new song'' picture just a bunch of bullshit? Unless they are going to be doing rotating setlists on this tour and they have War or something on one of the other setlists, but I wouldn't count on it.

Note to LP: Bringing back a song from 2000 and 2003 doesn't qualify as a ''new song''. :P

Pretty sure they have another set with some debuts from THP, mark my words they will debut Sand and War.

A Place For My Head and From The Inside are absolutely new songs. A Place For My Head hasn't been played on this cycle with any level of consistency, and From The Inside hasn't been played in 2 and a half years. I'd argue those are new songs, just not from the new album.

they won't remove New Divide is like the most famous song they have next to In The End and Numb.

I think the reason that New Divide pisses me off is for that sole reason. The fact that they wrote the song specifically for a super huge commercial film and it got a lot of radio airplay and now they won't ever drop the song because of that. Most of my favorite LP songs are the less popular ones, like Valentine's Day, In Pieces, Keys To The Kingdom, The Messenger, What We Don't Know, etc. Although, What I've Done is my favorite LP song of all and that's a pretty big commercial song, so hey, maybe I'm just a hypocrite.