2014.09.06 - Dallas, TX, Gexa Energy Pavilion

RogueSoul

I wouldn't say EVERYTHING I mean, the album was pretty good.

Yeah, the album is good. But they announced the first single WAY too early. It wasn't a good choice for a first single, either, which is shown through the facts. They chose AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars as support acts for their US version of their touring cycle, both of which are not visceral or heavy. AFI is a good band, but I was thinking of bands like Of Mice & Men, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. The set is mostly just big singles for casual fans and they have made a set in which almost every ''big'' hit is performed. This is why they shortened songs, so they could fit all their huge hits into one set, only allowing room for maybe 4 songs that aren't huge hits, like Rebellion, Final Masquerade or Guilty All The Same. Their is no LPTV this cycle, which blows. The band doesn't seem into the live show and M & G's as much as they were in the past. This is the first LP album to not hit #1 in the charts, etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the crap about the support bands, etc and all that stuff could be easily forgotten if the band was playing memorable shows. Brad looks super bored on stage, they barely change anything between Set A and Set B. I actually thought Set B was the same show as Set A in Charlotte when I was there until Numb studio intro began with a Joe fuckup.

They had all this time to do 3 diverse, awesome setlists (they now have the most songs they have ever had in their career). Instead we get two sets that are very similar and BOTH have incredibly shitty encores (worst ever or close to it, compared with Set A in 2012 with BID, ITE and BIO). Their solution is to play the same songs but to shorten them.

And they rehearsed By Myself, Forgotten, PMA and Runaway which most of us haven't seen live....and don't play them. Damn.

All of the crap about the support bands, etc and all that stuff could be easily forgotten if the band was playing memorable shows. Brad looks super bored on stage, they barely change anything between Set A and Set B. I actually thought Set B was the same show as Set A in Charlotte when I was there until Numb studio intro began with a Joe fuckup.

They had all this time to do 3 diverse, awesome setlists (they now have the most songs they have ever had in their career). Instead we get two sets that are very similar and BOTH have incredibly shitty encores (worst ever or close to it, compared with Set A in 2012 with BID, ITE and BIO). Their solution is to play the same songs but to shorten them.

And they rehearsed By Myself, Forgotten, PMA and Runaway which most of us haven't seen live....and don't play them. Damn.

THIS. This is exactly what I think too. Why the fuck are set A and set B so similar?? What's the point in having two setlists if it's almost like having just one? Why not 3 fucking amazing setlists with different songs? Ok that big singles have to stay, but other songs can be rotated without problems, like GU with NMS, SIB and FTI and so on and they should drop Runaway and the short version of Crawling to play the other songs in full or to add another song to the setlist like APFMH. They could also change a little bit the ballad medley (although I love it), making a ballad medley version 2, maybe incorporating RU (they should have played that song live) or PMA piano version... something different.

Linkin Park is one of the most lazy bands in terms of live shows i ever seen. They are fine playing the same setlist for 5 months without any problem. Even contradict themselves in terms of "Playing Singles for Festivals" because are the most popular songs and "Playing some other stuff" for headliner tours... False. They are just playing almost the same shitty setlist since May!

I just can't accept this anymore, im fuckin tired of this. They had a month between the Promo Tour in Europe and the Carnivores Tour and they just added 2 songs? Where is the innovation, the visceral, the loud, the carnivore Linkin Park?

Im not asking the band play Figure 09, QWERTY, Given Up, Blackout, APFMH, From The Inside and By Myself in the same setlist, but they can freaking rotate the songs, surprise fans, rotate setlists, play instrumental songs.

I do not believe that the Carnivores Tour be fucking amazing every night as Chester said, and i do not believe that they are really enjoying the tour when they are playing the same songs every single night since May, with just little changes. Changes that almost every night came from Mike Shinoda.

And about the information of the 30STM and AFI shows, i like the idea. Are making the pre-show posts a bit more interesting taking in account that the Carnivores Tour is the worst LP tour to date. Im with you "Soul", you have my support.

If you think "not changing a setlist for 5 months" (ignoring the NUMEROUS changes that the setlist underwent between Europe and Carnivores AND the addition of a Set B) is abnormally "lazy," you clearly aren't aware of the live habits of a lot of bands other than Linkin Park. Try going to a fucking AC/DC or KISS show where they've been playing the same selection of songs for 20+ years, with the only variation being when/if they release a new album, they'll add the lead single from it to the setlist for one tour and then drop it a few months later. And you know what? People LOVE their shows anyway, just like the majority of people at LP performances do. The shortened songs are annoying (depending on the song), but the only people bitching about the actual SELECTION of songs in these setlists are people with fanboy boners for shit they're never going to play again like Figure.09...and even that's stupid because the band is currently incorporating parts of stuff like Robot Boy, Blackout, Wretches and Kings, and Remember the Name into the setlist! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

The stage presence might be lazy. The shortened songs might be annoying. But the SELECTION of songs on this touring cycle is better than anything they've done since the days of having 3 different setlists in 2007-2008.

Edited by Astat

My only real complaint is about the shortened songs. That and the Joe solo just seem to alienate the crowd.

Other than that I think the set is decent overall in terms of song choice.

Meh I'm just mad that they played Burn It Down at Download and not Faint. Then again, I did see Hybrid Theory in full so...:P

The stage presence might be lazy. The shortened songs might be annoying. But the SELECTION of songs on this touring cycle is better than anything they've done since the days of having 3 different setlists in 2007-2008.

Amen.

People were satisfied when they started playing the set at the festival tour because it has an awesome song selection. Problem with LPL members (or maybe hardcore fans in general, don't know much about other bands) is, that they keep up with the stuff all the time so they get bored of it. The only solution would be to play other 20 songs every night (even better if they do all kinds of mashups/intros/outros). That will never happen and they don't even need to. A regular/casual/normal 'fan' is visiting like one or two show per touring cycle and I guess if you compare the setlists between touring cycles it's perfectly fine in terms of variations. They don't care what part Mike rapped over RNT, if he did RME over BIO or if they add APFMH for another show. But somehow everyone on LPL sounds like some entitled person who can demand another setlist every show (even if they live on the other site of the planet and just watch some clips on youtube) just because he is a more dedicated fan than the casuals.

Imagine if they add RME out of nothing to the set. People would be crazy for it for maybe the next 5 shows? After that it will be the same old 'where are some surprises?' again. I don't know, I am annoyed by it a little bit. Yeah, I would love to get some more variation myself, but I can understand why it's not happening, and obviously bitching about won't help. People ask for APFMH all the fucking time and I am pretty sure the band knows it by now. They just don't want to play it.

Some random rant by me :-D Now, back to normal. Enough words on LPL for the next 3 weeks for me:-D

I don't think anyone here has the right to complain unless they've been to one of the shows on this tour. At this point in LP's career, with 6 studio albums released, all with their own distinct styles, no matter what they do would seem to disappoint us. The tours are where LP makes the most of their income, so in order to sell the tickets they have to play the big singles. Us fanboys are not the only people who exist, we're actually a small minority, and LP does a lot to show their gratitude whenever they can. They are only human beings, so don't put them on a God like pedestal and throw a shit fit when they do something you don't like.

I agree, especially about Brad. Though, IMO, he's always looked bored. He seems like it's a bother to actually have to play a show. He appears much happier when he's making music with electronics than when he has to play a guitar.

Well, it was confirmed that Brad wasn't interested in playing guitar on the past few cycles (ATS & LT eras). He was helping Mike with producing and programming and was adding a lot of electronic stuff, etc. There was an interview with Revolver from a few months back in which Mike basically said he had to tell Brad to ''stop being a pussy'' and pick up the guitar and start writing with it again. So essentially, Brad was forced to play guitar on this album. It was also said in the same interview I believe, that the only other people who were on board with it at first were Chester and Phoenix, but the rest of the band ''came around'' and enjoyed writing the album. That could be a load of crap, though, because it's entirely possible that Brad, Rob and Joe didn't want to write heavy rock music but just said ok because the rest of the band wanted to, I think they would let Mike take the creative direction in what way he wanted to go.

The point I am making here is that Brad definitely did enjoy the more electronic, melodic stuff. I saw LP play 3 times during the ATS cycle, both in 2010 and 2011 and I saw them play 4 times in the LT cycle, both in 2012 and 2013. Brad looked like he was having a blast on stage during all of those shows, especially on the HCT and SSMF show. I don't think Brad really enjoys playing the super heavy stuff and same old songs. But who knows. We already know that he doesn't like APFMH. Maybe he doesn't like stuff like By Myself, Forgotten, Don't Stay, Figure.09, No More Sorrow, etc., either. They can't FORCE Brad to play songs that he doesn't want to, since he is their lead guitarist and all, they need him.

You're right Geki, they can't force Brad to play anything. The thing is though, having this "visceral" set list while the LEAD GUITARIST is just going through the motions and clearly waiting to get off the stage...it's kind of a buzz kill. It seems ironic to me that the lead guitarist of a rock band most enjoys the electronic sounds, and the songs with the least amounts of guitar.

If you think "not changing a setlist for 5 months" (ignoring the NUMEROUS changes that the setlist underwent between Europe and Carnivores AND the addition of a Set B) is abnormally "lazy," you clearly aren't aware of the live habits of a lot of bands other than Linkin Park. Try going to a fucking AC/DC or KISS show where they've been playing the same selection of songs for 20+ years, with the only variation being when/if they release a new album, they'll add the lead single from it to the setlist for one tour and then drop it a few months later. And you know what? People LOVE their shows anyway, just like the majority of people at LP performances do. The shortened songs are annoying (depending on the song), but the only people bitching about the actual SELECTION of songs in these setlists are people with fanboy boners for shit they're never going to play again like Figure.09...and even that's stupid because the band is currently incorporating parts of stuff like Robot Boy, Blackout, Wretches and Kings, and Remember the Name into the setlist! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Numerous changes LOL, let me just stop you right there. Adding 2 new songs, 3~ (DOYS/LFY is short) older songs, and shortening your latest single off the album isn't some spectacular amount of changes. That's pretty lazy considering they rehearsed ALL of that shit before Europe even began.

I think I qualify for seeing a "fuck ton" of shows...my setlist.fm stats 2007-2014 (seven years) say "You attended 367 concerts of 155 different artists." and that's not counting a considerable amount of stuff that isn't on there. So yes, I am WELL versed in how other bands play their shows. Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers, two of my all time favorite bands, toss in different shit all the time...RHCP every single show and Foo every few nights on a headlining tour and if it's a short tour then EVERY night. Muse too. Those are 3 bands that are of comparable size since they play the exact same venues as LP. So yes, I know what I am talking about. You are being way too selective about what bands you are talking about - AC/DC and KISS are two run of the mill OLD bands that have pretty much run out of gas. Bands that love playing live like Kings Of Leon change shit up - they currently have a thing where if you bring a SIGN to the show, they send a crew member out to scout the crowd and take pics of signs with rare songs (rare stuff only, and it's promoted with the hashtag #SongForCity or something) and then the band plays one each night. Really cool stuff. LP is definitely what I would consider lazy on THIS tour.

I love the Wretches and Robot Boy and Blackout parts of the show. Great shit there. I am not asking for unrealistic songs like Figure.09, I am asking for REALISTIC songs like A Place For My Head which was performed right before Carnivores and was rehearsed for Download. And the other Hybrid Theory songs. Or From The Inside. I appreciate With You and Somewhere I Belong - I feel like they can add onto that though. I disagree 100% with your last sentence. The song selection in 2012 appeased me a HELL of a lot more than Carnivores Tour.

I saw 9 shows this tour and 6 in 2012. In 2012, I was able to see my favorite songs APFMH, Lying From You/Papercut mashup, WTCFM, VICTIMIZED w/ QWERTY, etc. Carnivores literally has the most boring setlists I have ever seen from LP and I am now at 29 shows. The 2011 and 2012 selections were much more diverse than these two very similar setlists.

Amen.

People were satisfied when they started playing the set at the festival tour because it has an awesome song selection. Problem with LPL members (or maybe hardcore fans in general, don't know much about other bands) is, that they keep up with the stuff all the time so they get bored of it. The only solution would be to play other 20 songs every night (even better if they do all kinds of mashups/intros/outros). That will never happen and they don't even need to. A regular/casual/normal 'fan' is visiting like one or two show per touring cycle and I guess if you compare the setlists between touring cycles it's perfectly fine in terms of variations. They don't care what part Mike rapped over RNT, if he did RME over BIO or if they add APFMH for another show. But somehow everyone on LPL sounds like some entitled person who can demand another setlist every show (even if they live on the other site of the planet and just watch some clips on youtube) just because he is a more dedicated fan than the casuals.

Imagine if they add RME out of nothing to the set. People would be crazy for it for maybe the next 5 shows? After that it will be the same old 'where are some surprises?' again. I don't know, I am annoyed by it a little bit. Yeah, I would love to get some more variation myself, but I can understand why it's not happening, and obviously bitching about won't help. People ask for APFMH all the fucking time and I am pretty sure the band knows it by now. They just don't want to play it.

Some random rant by me :-D Now, back to normal. Enough words on LPL for the next 3 weeks for me:-D

Yes, that's because they were festival shows. The headlining shows need some different stuff. The crowd loses their shit for Runaway, Points, etc and no one knows GATS or Rebellion. LP even said in 2011 (like Maik said) that they were going to diversify the festival sets vs headlining sets and play more shit the hardcore fans wanted in the headlining sets, but that never happened. I don't think the Europe 2012 sets counted as doing that unless you count Blackout, which they might have done for the hardcore fans. But APFMH wasn't in that setlist and the band obviously knows that it's the #1 fan request right now.

Agreed on most of your stuff but I disagree about what's over BIO - the USA fans in 2011 went fucking INSANE to APFMH over BIO. It exploded the place in Tampa and a pit broke out just because of that the next night in Atlanta. I would kill to see that again and I know people love it. Just listen to the DSPs, the fans know it and love it.

I would appreciate Reading My Eyes. I appreciate the rare shit they add even if it's been there for a while, I really do. RME over POA in Stuttgart 09 is still probably my live highlight of ever seeing LP, 29 shows later. On Carnivores, my favorite parts of the show are Mike's Wretches verse, Papercut (my favorite song), and Apaches intro. Apaches sets the place off like a bomb. Wretches I would consider as "rare" and I love it. If they added Reading My Eyes in full right NOW, I would travel ASAP to a show to see it. Same for APFMH. Love those songs.

All I was saying was that the variation on this tour BLOWS compared to the past tours that they have played and the band appears very lazy, especially after Mike said "WE HAVE A SECOND SETLIST", which opens and closes with the exact same songs and has almost the exact same order give or take a few songs. The encore is still full of almost the same crap. Where is the diversity? It isn't there. Compare 2014 to 2012 or 2011. The diversity flat out doesn't exist right now.

I am not an "entitled" fan - I went to 9 shows and I was under the impression that when they said "visceral", "hard rock", and "it's likely some of the Hybrid Theory rare songs will stick around" that they'd at least keep APFMH. I really appreciate small shit like RME over BIO, but when I asked for it in 2012, Mike told me no.

I don't think anyone here has the right to complain unless they've been to one of the shows on this tour. At this point in LP's career, with 6 studio albums released, all with their own distinct styles, no matter what they do would seem to disappoint us. The tours are where LP makes the most of their income, so in order to sell the tickets they have to play the big singles. Us fanboys are not the only people who exist, we're actually a small minority, and LP does a lot to show their gratitude whenever they can. They are only human beings, so don't put them on a God like pedestal and throw a shit fit when they do something you don't like.

I would be completely happy with 3 different setlists with 3 different openers and 3 different closers like 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012 had. Well, a few had the same closers I believe, but you know what I mean. "Does a lot to show their gratitude" I do agree to an extent because Robot Boy (which was requested for years) is now there and Blackout is in there, which Mike knows for a fact that fans love. So I appreciate that and Wretches a lot. I'm a little disappointed he stopped adding verses over the solo medley and is sticking with mostly RTN (sometimes WTCFM) but that's something small.

Well, it was confirmed that Brad wasn't interested in playing guitar on the past few cycles (ATS & LT eras). He was helping Mike with producing and programming and was adding a lot of electronic stuff, etc. There was an interview with Revolver from a few months back in which Mike basically said he had to tell Brad to ''stop being a pussy'' and pick up the guitar and start writing with it again. So essentially, Brad was forced to play guitar on this album. It was also said in the same interview I believe, that the only other people who were on board with it at first were Chester and Phoenix, but the rest of the band ''came around'' and enjoyed writing the album. That could be a load of crap, though, because it's entirely possible that Brad, Rob and Joe didn't want to write heavy rock music but just said ok because the rest of the band wanted to, I think they would let Mike take the creative direction in what way he wanted to go.

The point I am making here is that Brad definitely did enjoy the more electronic, melodic stuff. I saw LP play 3 times during the ATS cycle, both in 2010 and 2011 and I saw them play 4 times in the LT cycle, both in 2012 and 2013. Brad looked like he was having a blast on stage during all of those shows, especially on the HCT and SSMF show. I don't think Brad really enjoys playing the super heavy stuff and same old songs. But who knows. We already know that he doesn't like APFMH. Maybe he doesn't like stuff like By Myself, Forgotten, Don't Stay, Figure.09, No More Sorrow, etc., either. They can't FORCE Brad to play songs that he doesn't want to, since he is their lead guitarist and all, they need him.

I am starting to believe Mike did a significant amount of guitar writing on this album, based on what he plays live and based on how bored Brad looks live.

Agreed 110% about the ATS tour and the HCT. Brad looked like he had a great time. Excellent points Geki.

Ya know, I went to this show. Was up front and got to crowd surf to Mike and meet Lorenzo and everything. Despite all the hate for this setlist, its really not that bad. Go see it up close and have the sound up as loud as they had it at this show and you will understand that this is a fucking rock show not to be reckoned with. So good.I will always remember this day. Go hate after you go see the show up close and personal.

The sets look bad on paper, but if you're only going to one or two shows, then they're actually pretty good. People like Mark and Jonas who go to 9-10 shows are in the stark minority of even the hardcore fans. They aren't doing the sets for people who aren't going to the shows, and they shouldn't make them for people who won't be there. Honestly, I preferred the Tinley Park show from this year to the HCT one I went to in 2012.

I moved critics to the setlists for this tour in my posts, but I have never said I don't like the setlist. I went to the show in Milan and it was fucking amazing, so this is not what I'm saying when I complain about the setlists for this tour. I complain because they don't rotate setlists very well, set A and B are almost the same setlist. If there are 2 different setlists I expect them to be different, with different songs and some rare stuff (just one song or part of it). I'm not asking them to play all my favourite songs or lot of rare stuff or F.09 (I don't even like that song very much and I hope they never play it again), I'm asking for variation, change, like they did in 2007 (one of the best years in terms of setlists) or even in 2012 so that they can play more songs in the same tour without having to shorten them, without having to drop songs that casual fans want to see and without playing the same setlist over and over again. Rotating setlists it's the only way to make everybody (or almost everybody) happy, to make both causal fans and hardcore fans enjoy the shows.

I moved critics to the setlists for this tour in my posts, but I have never said I don't like the setlist. I went to the show in Milan and it was fucking amazing, so this is not what I'm saying when I complain about the setlists for this tour. I complain because they don't rotate setlists very well, set A and B are almost the same setlist. If there are 2 different setlists I expect them to be different, with different songs and some rare stuff (just one song or part of it). I'm not asking them to play all my favourite songs or lot of rare stuff or F.09 (I don't even like that song very much and I hope they never play it again), I'm asking for variation, change, like they did in 2007 (one of the best years in terms of setlists) or even in 2012 so that they can play more songs in the same tour without having to shorten them, without having to drop songs that casual fans want to see and without playing the same setlist over and over again. Rotating setlists it's the only way to make everybody (or almost everybody) happy, to make both causal fans and hardcore fans enjoy the shows.

You were in Milan?

Wow! me too!

regarding the setliost I think this is the best set since PR:04. I like a lot this idea.

I haven't been to as much shows as Hahninator, but I've been to 19 LP shows and I've also seen FM, DBS and STPWCB more than once. I've been to Warped Tour a few times in the past as well. I don't know a lot about any of the bands that Hahninator mentioned, like Muse, RHCP, etc., but I do know that LP is definitely ''unique'' in how they perform shows. I've been going to LP shows ever since their first US show in 2007 and I've seen the band change since then, they're like a totally different band now, almost. The set is lacking a lot of punch, it's just not the same. Honestly, it wouldn't kill them to play APFMH, FTI, WTCFM, etc. APFMH was rehearsed and played at Download just a few months ago, I mean cmon. WTCFM was rehearsed and played in Vegas earlier this year. FTI wouldn't be hard to bring back, when is the last time they played, recently in 2012, right? I don't think think they will bring back shit like Figure.09, By Myself, Forgotten, Reading My Eyes, etc, but I don't think giving us APFMH should be that big of a deal. We know that Chester thinks that ITE and OSC are ''pieces of shit'' but they still play those, right? Because Chester wants to make the fans happy. Brad shouldn't be able to dictate what they play, but I can almost guarantee he is the reason they won't play APFMH. I just recently watched the Carnivores video on Live Nation again, and Mike says that they created a set in which there is never a stop, it's like one big song. I don't really like that. I miss the old days when the band would interact with the crowd even a little bit. Now they just play interludes and stuff like that during that time. I don't like the shortened songs at all. I hope the next album cycle will have regular sets again. I don't even care if GATS is the only song they play from THP, honestly. Astat mentioned earlier that bands like KISS only will play the lead single from their new album now because they have so much music, I honestly wouldn't care, as long as they bring back some old fan favorites and don't play shortened shit.

Edited by Geki

You were in Milan?

Wow! me too!

regarding the setliost I think this is the best set since PR:04. I like a lot this idea.

Hey, I was in Milan too! :lol: Are you italian?

Regarding this, Milano show was the first time that i ve seen Linkin Park live. I gave the 200%, not considering what songs was played (althought i have already said that i don't like this set very much for the lack of "killer" moments). The show was amazing in term of performance, and the crowd was so much loud that the band extended A LOT the outro of WID and the bridge of BIO to let us sing along with them. But onestly when i saw the Tucson setlist, i was disappointed. Considering that the 2012-2013 setlist were fucking amazing for me, i was expecting the same kind of killer energy this year.

Regarding this, Milano show was the first time that i ve seen Linkin Park live. I gave the 200%, not considering what songs was played (althought i have already said that i don't like this set very much for the lack of "killer" moments). The show was amazing in term of performance, and the crowd was so much loud that the band extended A LOT the outro of WID and the bridge of BIO to let us sing along with them. But onestly when i saw the Tucson setlist, i was disappointed. Considering that the 2012-2013 setlist were fucking amazing for me, i was expecting the same kind of killer energy this year.

Yes, I'm italian and for me Milan's show was the 2nd time I've seen LP live (I've been to Imola 2011 before) and by far I like this show better than the first since for me the setlist it a great jam; maybe isn't heavier like the 2012/13 sets but it has a great moments (GATS, Mike & Joe Solos just for an example)

I went to 9 shows on this tour including the rehearsal. Before that I saw the band in 07, 08, 2011, and 2012. Here is the issue with the current two setlists and why those of us who went / are going to multiple shows are complaining.

I think that these two sets are GOOD sets. There's a lot of Hybrid Theory in these sets, which is definitely a plus. They are playing almost half of their entire new CD, which is good. They are literally representing every single album they've come out with in these sets, including Reanimation. Recharged, and even Collision Course, which I think is fucking fantastic. They're playing rarities in these sets such as Blackout, Robot Boy, Wretches & Kings, hell, count Runaway if you want. There are some definitely highlights; I really actually love DOYS / LFY, and it makes me very exciting that it's being played on this tour even if the band has been having a hard time making it sound right. SIB is a very nice surprise and sounds GREAT on this tour. All of the new songs translated very well live. Chester and Mike have A LOT of energy on this tour. Chester is down in the crowd for half of the show. Mike's solo is my favorite part of the set, even though he's been sticking to RTN, I still find that to be fucking awesome that we're getting some Fort Minor shit at an LP show. Everybody knows RTN and it's exciting that it gets played. I DO like the concept of the show that they're going with, with it being nonstop with all sorts of transitions and feeling like one big song, as Mike said. Yes, it does suck that the band doesn't talk or interact with the crowd as much anymore, but it's something I can get over, they haven't really done it much the past couple touring cycles anyway and I'll take a music transition in the place of silence any day. Those are all the pros I can think of with this tour.

Now here's the bad stuff. There are two sets, but they are barely any different at all. WY and POA get swapped, BID and Numb get swapped except that then a shortened BID opens the encore, and one set gets DOYS / LFY and SIB in place of Crawling. The show starts exactly the same way and doesn't change much until the end of the main set but then the encore is basically the exact same. They're not very sets at all, which is disappointing. When the band has played multiple sets in the past, the sets were always very different with completely different intros and encores and songs throughout. It's disappointing that these two are almost the exact same show. There is a HUGE span of time in the middle of the set where the crowd falls asleep. It begins with the ballad medley (which should have been long gone at this point), continues into Robot Boy, which nobody knows, and then continues with Joe's solo, which for whatever reason, nobody gives a shit about. Either drop one of these three, all of them, or something, because this span of time is pretty bad. The crowd has no clue what's going on. One slower song is fine to give the band some time to rest, but two slow ones and then one where nobody in the audience gives a shit is a problem. Now my biggest complaint about these sets, is that the encore is a complete mess. Having seen as many shows as I did, I can tell you that barely any crowd got into the encore. Numb, ITE, and then Faint (or SIB, ITE, Faint) makes the crowd absolutely lose their minds and explode. Follow that up with FOUR shortened songs in a row, with such low energy like BID, LITE is like, 30 seconds long and not enough people know it, ND should have been out of the sets by Honda Civic, and of course, the most bizarre decision the band, a shortened lead single off their newest album, and it's just a complete train wreck. WID is great with the extended bridge, and BIO is always good but should swap places with Faint. Other than those two, this encore is the weakest I have ever seen from the band. Worse even than the 07 one that began with TLTGYA. It's pretty damn bad.

My last problem with these sets is the shortened songs. Don't get me wrong, shortened songs are NOT a bad idea. It makes sense that the band has to do this, because they're playing so many songs including the intros, outros, and transitions, and they end RIGHT at curfew every night. The problem is the songs that the band decided to shorten. Papercut may arguably be the band's best live song that they have ever performed. The band and crowd both JAM whenever this song gets played, and shortening is a huge mistake. Runaway is a sort of rare song, so it's definitely a shame that it's shortened as well. I don't mind LITE being shortened, but that song is the only one that is shortened SO MUCH that it's barely even worth hearing that small, small portion of it. UIG just makes no damn sense. BID and ND being shortened are fine. Why not keep these songs in full, and shorten the ones that EVERYONE has already seen?? Shorten Numb, drop a transition like Blackout and Robot Boy and boom, you fit the time slot and get to play Papercut and Runaway in their entirety. Another issue with these sets is that the band did in fact, rehearse songs such as WTCFM and NMS, but didn't put them in the set. They played ALL of Hybrid Theory at Download, but didn't keep any of the rare songs in the set. These songs are so much better than the ballad medley or BID or ND and such that it's a real shame we don't get to see them performed. Mike claims that this album is called Carnivores because it's all about it being a true rock n roll show with visceral music, but then they play dance songs like the new COG, Joe's solo, and such INSTEAD of truly visceral songs that they could add such as APFMH or NMS. It's very odd.

hard to agree with the statement that other bands have way more diverse setlist

Paramore plays literally the same setlist half a year in a row, night after night.

NIN doesn't vary either, which is mostly related to the fact that they have a huge production for each song so hard to deliver random songs.

That doesn't mean they suck or whatever. Might be boring to go to 5 shows in a row though yes.

Great points about Papercut, Runaway, Lost In The Echo, etc. Awesome post.

hard to agree with the statement that other bands have way more diverse setlist

Paramore plays literally the same setlist half a year in a row, night after night.

NIN doesn't vary either, which is mostly related to the fact that they have a huge production for each song so hard to deliver random songs.

That doesn't mean they suck or whatever. Might be boring to go to 5 shows in a row though yes.

Nine Inch Nails actually does vary a lot. In 2008 and 2009 when I saw them they changed it every night a good bit (5-7+ songs). In 2013 they changed it a good amount too. Look at the start of the Hesitation Marks touring cycle - all sorts of songs were coming out of nowhere. Check like Japan for the first show and compare it to Reading or the London club show. All different stuff. Lately on this Soundgarden/NIN tour it's been the same stuff yeah and I guess that's because Trent is getting burnt out again which is why they are about to do another damn hiatus sadly.

I think if LP were to play 10 different sets in a tour there would still be fans complaining.

Is those 10 sets are actually the same, like set A and B from this tour, of course we'll complain.

Yes I'm italian :) and the show in Milan was my first show. I loved it, I also like the setlist, what I don't like is that they are playing two setlists now but this setlists are in fact just one with very few changes. I was hoping this carnivores tour to be more carnivore and not a copy of the European tour with 2 new songs added and that's all. I just hope that this is happening because they wanted to give american people the same opportunity as european to see that kind of setlist, but that they will change for the next euroepan tour... if they'll keep the same setlists it will be really disappointing, like "wtf, I've already seen that shit, come on, give me something new!!".

Wow so happy that there are other italians besides me in this site. :)

Anyway Yeah I hope that too. I will go to the Zurich show. It is the first show of the european tour so we don't know what the set will be, but I hope it is different. I have faith that at least we are going to have A Line In The Sand in the set, but we will see.