Until It's Gone - Video Premiere

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Something I noticed for the very first time, since the music video has the song including the outro, and the topic of the song and video is death, that the baby cry at the very end means that the life cycle repeats. Never saw it that way before.

I think the video is nice, not super awesome but good enough, better than a random video without the band.

Something I noticed for the very first time, since the music video has the song including the outro, and the topic of the song and video is death, that the baby cry at the very end means that the life cycle repeats. Never saw it that way before.

I think the video is nice, not super awesome but good enough, better than a random video without the band.

Exactly.After watching that lyric video i thought it's about love and similar topics.but after watching this music video I found out what's band mean about this song.Really like this video.better all of LT crap videos.even better COG video for me.

Edited by lpplus

As mentioned in the shoutbox earlier, it reminded me of the 'True Detective' intro, visually. http://i.imgur.com/roHWm86.png

Yeah, at first I was wondering why the Outro was included, but then it suddenly made sense.

I really like this video. Although I haven't heard the album yet, I think it captures the energy that Mike has been saying the album has. They're not standing still to perform this, they're really rocking out. The camera shakes etc. add to this. The colours and smoke remind me of The Catalyst's music video.

Nice, the band trying new effects is great to see. I wonder if it was directed by Joe?

http://instagram.com/p/o66AvgOVS7/

I did not understand that too, the ending fit only on the album.

It is a solid video. I really like the visual effects and the dynamics.

I really miss the creative videos from earlier, like the Shadow of the day video with clock at the beginning, showing 5 minutes to twelve, an indication of the Doomsday Clock. Linkin Park videos became so ordinary nowadays, always the same movements and actings.

Nice, the band trying new effects is great to see. I wonder if it was directed by Joe?

And btw, what about GATS music video? it was so much noise about the competition, but there's no info about the video.

The Project Spark video WAS the GATS music video. That's all we're getting for that song.

Exactly.After watching that lyric video i thought it's about love and similar topics.but after watching this music video I found out what's band mean about this song.Really like this video.better all of LT crap videos.even better COG video for me.

I think your interpretations are correct but I also think there are other correct interpretations about this song and video. I also viewed the baby crying in the same way after seeing the video. But based on the lyrics, the lyric video, and this video...I think the song can also be (and is) about losing someone from a relationship ending (friendship, romantic relationship, etc). And not just ending in the physical way of death but also from people deciding to go their separate ways, etc.

In addition to the scenes that show loved ones passing away, people grieving, etc, there are also some other scenes that give credence to this different interpretation. At 29 seconds, there's a woman shown who is shown a few different times in the video. She looks different than the one who is crying at 3:30 over the loss of her loved one. The same woman is again shown at 49 seconds, sleeping, alone in her bed. Just a few seconds later, a guy is shown with a phone (maybe trying to contact the woman?) and then another guy is shown at 1:26 and 1:35. I think one of these two guys is supposed to be in a romantic relationship (or was) with the woman. The way that the lyrics match up with the scenes in the video make me believe this even more. Right after Chester says "But something made me realize that I was wrong", it basically shows the guy looking down, as if he just came to a difficult realization. And then right after that, during the part that says "Finding what you got sometimes, means finding it alone", the woman is shown in bed and she's waking up, as if she's realizing that she's alone and her partner has left her. At least that's how I see it. It's like she's bewildered and like "Wtf". Again, she was shown sleeping earlier in the video. So I think if you connect the dots, it's possible that her partner walked out on her while she was sleeping. She's waking up to find out that she's now alone.

So the lyric video and this video show two of the different (equally correct) interpretations or themes of the song. The lyric video is clearly about a relationship. And then in this video, two different stories (at least). You have the older woman crying over the loss of her loved one (death) and you also have the younger woman waking up and realizing that her partner has left her (they've gone their separate ways). So two different contexts, leading to the same conclusion: You don't know what you've got, until it's gone.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I would of preferred a video with no special effects for a change but the video is still alright I guess. They had some pretty cool videos during the HT and Meteora era. MTM was okay, but everything after that hasn't been that great.

So is this song like the band's new favorite song? Of the four lyric videos released, Wastelands, Rebellion, and Final Masquerade were pretty bland, and GATS was essentially the same but with the single cover's background. UIG, however, got a production for its lyric video alone, and now this and the live video from Milan. They should at least give some other songs some light