THP Live, your thoughts

partofmelp67

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Powerless hasn't been played live, two years later, I don't think Final Masquerade will either. We may only hear half of the album, like with LT. If KTTK is played live, they may add an extended intro, like Forgotten. Those are the only two LP songs that start right away with vocals.

All For Nothing would have Mike on vocals nearly the entire song, and he'd be playing guitar to it. Won't happen.

War is possible. I doubt Chester would nail the

Final Masquerade is the next single. It's going to be played live...likely at every show from here on out.

Also, love the cliffhanger ending to your post. :lol:

If this dude can nail Rebellion, why a professional musician can't play it?

I know that Astat is the nerd, he plays guitar so awesome but you my friend are totally wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x-TyD3AZeE

Again, Rebellion is in Drop C. Linkin Park doesn't play in Drop C. They have backups for every guitar they use, meaning that if they were to add Rebellion to the set, that's 2 extra guitars in Brad, Mike, AND Phoenix's rig (unless Phoenix transposes Rebellion to a 5-string bass, which I doubt with how frequently the riffs bounce off the open low C). They've only got so much space in their guitar racks. They COULD play Rebellion, but it would probably come at the expense of With You/Runaway (ditch the Drop B guitars) or any possibility of APFMH/Forgotten/Somewhere I Belong being played in the future (ditch the Eb guitars).

Also repeating myself, I'm not necessarily saying Brad wouldn't be able to play Rebellion, it's a matter of whether or not he would actually DO IT. You know that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter music video for Powerless that has performance footage from the Berlin soundcheck mixed in? Ever notice how Brad's barely even shown in the video? That's because Mike recorded all of the guitars on Powerless, and Brad never bothered to learn how to play it. He showed up at the video shoot with NO CLUE how to play the song they were filming, so they purposely kept shots of him to a minimum to keep the illusion of it being a live performance believable.

Brad Delson is the same guy who played the bridge of Runaway wrong for almost 2 years straight. He's the same guy who's routinely been coming in on the wrong chord in the Numb chorus for the last 2+ years. He's the same guy who uses an automatic gating/killswitch effect on Points of Authority because he's too lazy to learn the proper left-hand muting technique to replicate the way the guitars sound on the original recording. He's the same guy who's been teasing Sweet Child O' Mine on stage occasionally for the last 13 years but has never bothered to learn anything other than the song's intro. He's the same guy who still needs a cheat sheet with the notes for New Divide taped to the floor at the side of the stage 5 years after the song came out because he either can't or refuses to memorize a song that consists of 5 notes.

Still think Brad's actually going to put in the time to learn how to play a Daron Malakian song? Sometimes he doesn't even put in the time to learn songs that he actually PLAYED ON.

Final Masquerade is the next single. It's going to be played live...likely at every show from here on out.

Also, love the cliffhanger ending to your post. :lol:

Again, Rebellion is in Drop C. Linkin Park doesn't play in Drop C. They have backups for every guitar they use, meaning that if they were to add Rebellion to the set, that's 2 extra guitars in Brad, Mike, AND Phoenix's rig (unless Phoenix transposes Rebellion to a 5-string bass, which I doubt with how frequently the riffs bounce off the open low C). They've only got so much space in their guitar racks. They COULD play Rebellion, but it would probably come at the expense of With You/Runaway (ditch the Drop B guitars) or any possibility of APFMH/Forgotten/Somewhere I Belong being played in the future (ditch the Eb guitars).

Also repeating myself, I'm not necessarily saying Brad wouldn't be able to play Rebellion, it's a matter of whether or not he would actually DO IT. You know that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter music video for Powerless that has performance footage from the Berlin soundcheck mixed in? Ever notice how Brad's barely even shown in the video? That's because Mike recorded all of the guitars on Powerless, and Brad never bothered to learn how to play it. He showed up at the video shoot with NO CLUE how to play the song they were filming, so they purposely kept shots of him to a minimum to keep the illusion of it being a live performance believable.

Brad Delson is the same guy who played the bridge of Runaway wrong for almost 2 years straight. He's the same guy who's routinely been coming in on the wrong chord in the Numb chorus for the last 2+ years. He's the same guy who uses an automatic gating/killswitch effect on Points of Authority because he's too lazy to learn the proper left-hand muting technique to replicate the way the guitars sound on the original recording. He's the same guy who's been teasing Sweet Child O' Mine on stage occasionally for the last 13 years but has never bothered to learn anything other than the song's intro. He's the same guy who still needs a cheat sheet with the notes for New Divide taped to the floor at the side of the stage 5 years after the song came out because he either can't or refuses to memorize a song that consists of 5 notes.

Still think Brad's actually going to put in the time to learn how to play a Daron Malakian song? Sometimes he doesn't even put in the time to learn songs that he actually PLAYED ON.

Well, since he put some work to learn to play guitar for THP, and since got his "teenage desire" to play guitar, I think he will play Rebellion. Guitar problem can be solved by letting LP pick up garbage, and later making guitars out of it, they already played with a guitar made of garbage at XGames 2012.

Is there a "proper" hand muting technique? I though the only way to mute a string is to put your finger on the string without pressing it to the neck of the guitar. Wait...is there a right-hand muting technique?

Btw, many of the things you wrote here should be added to Did You Know Facts topic

Since Powerless hasn't been played live, two years later, I don't think Final Masquerade will either. We may only hear half of the album, like with LT. If KTTK is played live, they may add an extended intro, like Forgotten. Those are the only two LP songs that start right away with vocals.

All For Nothing would have Mike on vocals nearly the entire song, and he'd be playing guitar to it. Won't happen.

War is possible. I doubt Chester would nail the screams.

I can definitely see Final Masquerade being played, especially because they are shooting a big music video for it and it's going to be the next single. POWERLESS was a single in Japan, yes, but I don't think it charted very well and I hardly call the music video for it an actual music video, is was more just to promote Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, if I'm not mistaken, the direction asked LP is he could use the song in the movie and they said yes and he met them somewhere while they were on their European tour and they filmed it.

I definitely can see War being played live, I was a bit skeptical about it at first, but seeing as how they played VICTIMIZED back in 2012/2013, I can definitely see it.

The song that I will say that I highly doubt they will ever play is probably Mark The Graves just because it's so experimental and I can't see it being very popular as a live song even though as a song it's fucking great.

Keys To The Kingdom... Hmm. I think they will play this song, I HOPE they will play this song.. It just might sound a lot different than the studio version but oh well.

I could see them closing the main set with Bleed It Out/A Line In The Sand. At the part of BID where most songs they play over it, Mike can rap the " I've ain't never been a coward" etc. part of the BIO instrumental and then when he finishes and the part where Chester comes in, they can just go full into the last part of ALITS. It would a great closer for the main set.

Edited by Caseygray1

About Rebellion, I sure hope LP tour with SOAD or scars of Broadway at some point. At least then we could feasibly see rebellion played live with Daron coming out as a guest then brad doesn't need to worry about learning that part and bringing a new guitar on tour - although Phoenix still may have too. Also does that song require 2 guitarists to play it live? Could they get away with just one like on by myself/ place for my head? I hope they can sort it out. It's one of the best tracks from THP.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see them closing the main set with Bleed It Out/A Line In The Sand. At the part of BID where most songs they play over it, Mike can rap the " I've ain't never been a coward" etc. part of the BIO instrumental and then when he finishes and the part where Chester comes in, they can just go full into the last part of ALITS. It would a great closer for the main set.

there's no reason to have a incomplete version of Sand.

• 2 weeks later...

"If" All For Nothing does get played, I have a feeling Chester would be playing rhythm guitar and Mike would sing the chorus. Phoenix might possibly sing with him.

Probably might get half the album played live, just like Living Things. They debuted three songs from both albums before the album was released. (Burn It Down, Tinfoil, Lies Greed Misery. Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone, Wastelands.)

Probably might get half the album played live, just like Living Things. They debuted three songs from both albums before the album was released. (Burn It Down, Tinfoil, Lies Greed Misery. Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone, Wastelands.)

TINFOIL shouldn't count for that, since a) it wasn't really a major song in the set and B) it was only partially played.

Considering the band has 6 full length albums now I reckon the amount of songs performed live will be the same from now on. The band has too much material these days and aren't brave enough to drop half the singles in the live shows sadly :(

Considering the band has 6 full length albums now I reckon the amount of songs performed live will be the same from now on. The band has too much material these days and aren't brave enough to drop half the singles in the live shows sadly :(

that's always the saddest fact about growing numbers of released stuff...

Since ATS the band has been sketchy about debuting all their album songs. Every song from Meteora and MTM was played at least by the following year from when the album was released. The thing is that they're experimenting too much to the point where songs can't be played how they sound on the album. Hands Held High was the first example. I give them credit for their creativity though.

I don't think Brad will play Rebellion or Drawbar, since he didn't record the guitar parts. I think they need to drop Given Up and play War instead. At least give us a high quality recording of it.

Since ATS the band has been sketchy about debuting all their album songs. Every song from Meteora and MTM was played at least by the following year from when the album was released. The thing is that they're experimenting too much to the point where songs can't be played how they sound on the album. Hands Held High was the first example. I give them credit for their creativity though.

I don't think Brad will play Rebellion or Drawbar, since he didn't record the guitar parts. I think they need to drop Given Up and play War instead. At least give us a high quality recording of it.

The current set has a lot of filler stuff and stuff that is not singles. If they cut all of that stuff and only played the huge hits from each respective album, it would probably flow better. But in doing that, it would piss off the hardcore LP fans. I think the hardcore LP fans need to just get over it. LP is a huge global band and they aren't going to cater to the people who have been to tons of shows and are hardcore fans, they want to impress people who may have just went to their show within the last few years or something. They want to play the big hits because that is what the general population likes. Not all of their big hits are bad songs. Just some of them are grating such as New Divide. I used to hate Numb and In The End but I have grown to like those again in the set. New Divide though, it just sucks, to me. Same as Ballad Medley. Drop those 2 and they will be good. Drop the singles that didn't chart well such as Given Up. Keep only BID and COG from LT, etc.

As far as we've heard, Until It's Gone and Wastelands (though weaker songs off the album) actually sound really great live. Guilty All The Same is also great live, but I feel falls just a tad short of the other two tracks.

I can see the band tossing in Rebellion, Final Masquerade, and Drawbar into their live sets for the upcoming tour. I'd love to see Keys to the Kingdom, All For Nothing, and War, tho vocally they might be difficult for Chester and Mike to pull off.

Personally, I hope they never play Mark The Graves. Worst song on THP. Bring back LIES GREED MISERY :P

For me it is no sense that the band make an album aggressive and full of energy like The Hunting Party and then play shows with a setlist composed essentially by singles that are mid-tempo songs: What I ve done, New Divide, Until It s Gone, Burn It Down, Castle Of Glass, Ballad Medley, In The End, Numb, Waiting For The End and now Final Masquerade (That is a really great song thought). There is no energy in a set like this. The statement about listening to something energetic and aggressive should be used even in Live Shows...not only in the album.

Personally, I hope they never play Mark The Graves. Worst song on THP. Bring back LIES GREED MISERY :P

Not sure if real or trolling.

The way they worded the Rock am Ring interview, it made it sound like they have run through every song on the album and learned how to perform it. Then another interview recently said that they wanted to learn all the songs with guests, so that they can even perform them without guests and if the guests just happen to be in the city they're in, the guest can come out and jam with them no problem.

Adding just two songs for Carnivores in my opinion is very weird. I thought they'd add more. This definitely means they'll add some others for Europe in the fall, which I guess the USA will see on the 2015 North American Tour in the winter (January/February, after they have the month of December off).