THP Live, your thoughts

partofmelp67

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot compare LGM to MTG.. LGM something about it makes it hard to listen to, it might be the only LP song that just sounds bad and is irrating to listen to.. can't stand that song and can't beleive they played it live instead of other good songs on Living Things like IMR.

Probably Brad read Astat's post and said ''im going to make this guy shut up'' looool

they are going to play Rebellion, my prediction became true... well almost, I'm waiting to post the video in this thread!!! In your face Astat lol XD

Yeah, they're going to play it. That doesn't mean it won't suck.

I'm not worried about Brad, he can nail it, it's all about his skill...I'm really worried about Mike, he's not a great live singer, probably Chester will help him during the verses.

I'm pretty sure Chester will sing the last part of the first verse and the entire second verse with Mike.

Chester is vastly more experienced than Mike vocally so I happen to love when he sings with Mike on his parts, even if he does overpower him, it sounds good.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about something on the way home from work the otherday. I remember back when ATS came out, it was an experimental album and the band werent sure how these songs were going to pull off live. I even digged up some quotes for you...

A Thousand Suns: Source

“I’s mostly like drum sounds and keyboard sounds and stuff like that and we were thinking, ‘This is going to be a nightmare to try and play live, like literally the whole band is going to need to play samplers and synthesizers, so how are we going to do that and make it sound as exciting as the song is supposed to sound?’

Living Things interview: Source

"The record is a pretty uptempo record. That doesn't meant there's lots of heavy metal guitars, it's about the sound we're using and the energy in the songs. The record has a lot of energy and is going to be really fun to play live.

The Hunting Party interview: Source

But now, over the last couple of records, we’re like, “Let’s write songs that will be fun to play live and that are good songs!” So between ‘Living Things ‘and ‘The Hunting Party,’ we’ve just replaced the whole lull.

Now have a read of those quotes, you'd think they'd stuggle to pull off ATS and nail LT and THP. But it seems like the opposite. Every song off ATS has been performed in some shape or form. Thats 9 song songs and 6 instrumentals/interludes.

LT has had 7 of its songs performed live. That number includes 1 Tinfoil instrumental which opened there set some nights and 1 verse from UIB on the WTFE intro.

Same goes with THP with only 5 songs being performed live so far.

So all in all, LP's baby being ATS has been easier for them to pull off live (in which they thought they were going to have a hard time with) then their last two which they said was made to be played live. You even total both LT and THP together and ATS has still had more songs performed in some way or another.

Meh, I thought i'd just share my random thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Really hoping for Keys to the Kingdom here in Europe in November. Hopefully some (full length) oldies like With You, A Place for my Head or From the Inside will be present too.

To be honest, I hope they won't play All for Nothing, War and Mark the Graves. Ever. I understand that people want to hear some songs performed at least once, but they have way to many songs to choose from. And personally I would find it a shame if they dropped a good song or a rarely performed "oldie", and played Mark the Graves. Way too boring for the audience. Probably some hardcore fans around here would go wild, but if you play in front of 25.000 people, you can't sacrifice some oldies or singles to pleasure 22 guys who are attending the concert, or people on the internet who discuss everynight's setlists.

Edited by Kruspe