THP Live, your thoughts

partofmelp67

I think everyone just needs to quit complaining about the shortened songs already. So what if they are? It's their show, and us bitching and moaning is not going to change anything. I don't care what sets they play, as long as their having a great time and the crowds are enjoying it, then everything is perfect.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, the only song that really needs shortened is GATS, and by that I just mean the intro. Crowds get confused as soon as the piano begins and its so quiet. They should play the radio edit, with or without Rakim's verse (unless Mike does the right thing and uses a different verse).

Confused? Is that why the crowd cheers when the piano starts? The intro could definitely be shortened, but MIke's rapping is the best part of the song.

I just wonder why Until It's Gone is shortened, or even Lost In The Echo. The other songs have been played quite many times throughout their career, but Until It's Gone has just came out SIX MONTHS AGO, and Lost In The Echo 2 and a half years ago. I'm not complaining, just questioning the decision.

With You and GATS are among their best show opener. The stage setup too.

IMO, OSC was the best show opener that I have ever seen. It got the crowd JUMPING and going crazy, I remember that during the MTM tour. GATS is a good opener, definitely, you can feel the energy as soon as it starts in your body. However, OSC is extremely well known and GATS is not, that's the difference of people going crazy or not...

IMO, OSC was the best show opener that I have ever seen. It got the crowd JUMPING and going crazy, I remember that during the MTM tour. GATS is a good opener, definitely, you can feel the energy as soon as it starts in your body. However, OSC is extremely well known and GATS is not, that's the difference of people going crazy or not...

I feel OSC should close main sets, nowhere else. Also, GATS is new, so give it time.

Let's face it: no matter where OSC is in the set, people are going to blow the fuck up. Opens, middle of the set, closer, whatever. Bleed It Out is probably the most "friendly" song to close out with (it was huge back in the day), while OSC is the most intense, with Faint trailing not too far off behind. I feel like with a good extended outro, even Rebellion could be a good set closer. Maybe ALITS, but that would serve better as an opener.

• 3 months later...

i think that keys to the kingdom and a line in the sand would both make good live songs. there is a lot of energy from both chester and mike in those songs and they are both pretty heavy, so they would get the crowd pumped up. keys to the kingdom would be a cool song to open the show.

i think guilty all the same and final masquerade both sound really good live. rebellion was decent sounding when played live, and wastelands is good but kind of boring, in my opinion. until it's gone was also a good song but i don't like how they made it only half of the song on carnivores tour. i think it is a good song and is much better than stuff like numb and the ballad medley and stuff like that.