THP Live, your thoughts

partofmelp67

With THP pointing its fists in the air, what will/would be (for you) the most EPIC song from THP played Live ?

I'd say Final Masquerade will find its place replacing the Ballad Medley (likely), but what comes to my mind is "A Line in the Sand". It would be a great song just before the "encore starts"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear War live. Live punk rock is pretty much the most fun thing in the world.

True this, I've seen punk acts over the years (one of my old friends from high school now tours with The Mahones) and stuff and it's definitely great energy and very fun.

Songs that they can play without too much of a problem at the moment:
All For Nothing, War, Rebellion, Final Masquerade.

Songs that they're gonna have trouble with:
Keys to the Kingdom, Mark the Graves, A Line in the Sand.

Songs that I think they'll debut on Carnivores:
War, Rebellion, Final Masquerade, and POSSIBLY Keys to the Kingdom.

I'm excited how they will play All For Nothing live. I hope Chester sings Page Hamiltons part, if the decide to play it live, but it is one of the weak songs to me because of the guest, if Chester has sung it, it would be fit better with Shinodas badass raps. For sure I wanna hear Keys for the Kingdom, A line in the sand, Final Masquerade, Mark the Graves and War. I doubt that Brad can play Darons riffs haha, so I don't think the will ever play Rebellion.

Finally and that doens't fit really in this topic, I want to hear Roads Untraveled and Powerless so badly live.

With a few exceptions, I see this album being really difficult to do live. Final Masquerade will probably translate well. I can see The Summoning/War being used as an opener on Carnivores, Brad will probably B.S. his way through the solo like he does on GATS but other than that it'll probably work pretty well live.

Keys to the Kingdom will probably suck live. It jumps around a ton, the vocals will be incredibly tough on Chester, and the way it opens up with practically unaccompanied screaming, I can see it being a song that the band fucks up the intro of all the time. All For Nothing would be a little easier from a musical standpoint, but Mike doing Page's vocals will probably be pretty iffy.

Rebellion will flat-out not be performed live without Daron, I almost guarantee it. The guitar tuning Daron uses is not one that LP uses. Brad and Phoenix would also have to learn guitar/bass parts that they didn't have any part in recording, and fairly difficult ones at that. It's a shame, because other than the instrumentation being a deal-breaker, this song would probably translate pretty well live.

Drawbar has no reason to be played live, other than the piano at the very end potentially being used as a Final Masquerade intro. Mark the Graves and A Line in the Sand are extremely progressive tracks with weird timing and dynamic changes and a million things that could go wrong. They might TRY to play one or both of them live, but I don't see either one working out well.

So yeah, I predict Final Masquerade and War (potentially with The Summoning) being added for Carnivores, but not much else.

Rebellion will flat-out not be performed live without Daron, I almost guarantee it. The guitar tuning Daron uses is not one that LP uses. Brad and Phoenix would also have to learn guitar/bass parts that they didn't have any part in recording, and fairly difficult ones at that. It's a shame, because other than the instrumentation being a deal-breaker, this song would probably translate pretty well live.

Is Rebellion in Drop C?

Is Rebellion in Drop C?

Yep.

I trust in Brad and Phoenix for sure they can nail that song, I don't play any instrument but the riff doesn't sounds like something extremely difficult it is also very repetitive.

C'mon Daron is not Satriani.

It's not necessarily that they CAN'T play it, I just question whether or not they'd put in the time to learn it, particularly with the aforementioned tuning discrepancy. They could play it up half a step in C#, I suppose...tuning a song UP rarely sounds good, though.

Astat's post made me giggle haha "bullshit his way through the solo" it's true.

I'd like to see if they give Final Masquerade the piano intro from Drawbar. I mean it practically builds the song.

Damn.. I was hoping they could play this whole album at some point in one way or another. I think we will definitely get to hear War, hopefully, I love that song, but I'm not sure if LP would feel comfortable doing a hardcore song at a live show. I think they might attempt to play Keys to the Kingdom at some point but I'm not sure how Chester will handle it, maybe if they drop Given Up, it could work. All For Nothing, I can't see them doing that song live without Page. Rebellion, definitely not. Mark The Graves & A Line In The Sand might be hard for them and once again, A Line In The Sand might be really hard on Chester because of how screamy it is.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

Since Powerless hasn't been played live, two years later, I don't think Final Masquerade will either. We may only hear half of the album, like with LT. If KTTK is played live, they may add an extended intro, like Forgotten. Those are the only two LP songs that start right away with vocals.

All For Nothing would have Mike on vocals nearly the entire song, and he'd be playing guitar to it. Won't happen.

War is possible. I doubt Chester would nail the screams.

Edited by Southpaw818