The year in which you became a Linkin Park fan

Year year year  

105 members have voted

1. 1. You already know the question

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started to listen to them on 2000. Before them, I used to listened to Limp Bizkit but then, one day, my brother showed me a new band in the magazine which is Linkin Park. since then, i've started to collects all their stuff till now. :)

2007, when I first heard What I've Done. Then I listened to MTM and I was so impressed. After that I bought Hybrid Theory and Meteora (no Reanimation btw., because I thought I had that, but that was a fake album :D). Jep, since then I'm a fan :)

Spring 2004 for me.

I heard their songs before that, but never liked them.

Then in 2004 I saw few music videos in school (including fan-made video of In The End (Final Fantasy 9/ATOMX)) and fell in love with them since that time.

One Step Closer and Crawling are what got them radio play and some mainstream attention, but In The End was their biggest hit and drew in the most fans.

Thought so. In The End is their "signature" song. It's what cones to mind when people think of Linkin Park.

I probably have the strangest "how did you get into listening to LP" story ever. I was pregnant with my first child, in early 2001, and had mtv on, back when they actually still played music videos, and one step closer came on and my daughter started kicking like crazy. It, and she, both had my attention. I guess she liked it.

Spring 2004 for me.

I heard their songs before that, but never liked them.

Then in 2004 I saw few music videos in school (including fan-made video of In The End (Final Fantasy 9/ATOMX)) and fell in love with them since that time.

:3 my story it's quite similar, I started to listen them around Winter 2004, I saw an AMV (It was about Shaman king, with Somewhere I Belong), I got really caught by the song (I didn't listened much music back then), I downloaded both albums and enjoyed them a lot.

April of 2004 (I know the date becasue I found the files dates of ripping on some data CD few weeks ago. :D). A classmate lent me HT and LB's Chocholate Starfish albums on CDs and I ripped them into my PC and listened alot, mostly LP. Also I discovered the music video search in WMP and some fansites like linkinpark2k.com (now defunct but works in archive) and seen pics and videos of the band. I easily got liked their music.

2003, I saw Somewhere I belong on MTV. I liked the music, but became not a fan immediatly, it was Numb which put me in a few months later. The music by the band influences me a lot, because of this I'm still a fan today.

• 1 month later...

85 members already voted, and I'm still the one who is a LP fan for the shortest period of time :(

I probably have the strangest "how did you get into listening to LP" story ever. I was pregnant with my first child, in early 2001, and had mtv on, back when they actually still played music videos, and one step closer came on and my daughter started kicking like crazy. It, and she, both had my attention. I guess she liked it.

Does she like LP now?

99' after the FYE demo handout.

What is FYE shortcut of? Did you were at any of their shows in 1999?