Sublime With Rome Manager Blames....Brad?

hahninator

In one of the most interesting controversies the band has been involved with, the Sublime With Rome incident from Tucson has taken another turn in the story. This really wasn't something we were interested in posting at first due to how odd and unlikely it seemed for Linkin Park to do something like this, but here's an update...

During the Tucson show, Rome Ramirez from Sublime With Rome tweeted "Linkin Park called the cops on us and said that they were allergic to pot. Cops came and took all our weed while we on stage. Bitch shit."

Both Mike and Chester replied on Twitter, with Mike saying that it was "not his style" and that the band was in a M&G during the Sublime set and "wouldn't even know if there was smoke". After all, Linkin Park is the band that toured with both Cypress Hill and Snoop Dogg, and Chester and Mike partying back in the day out on tour is no secret.

It all, of course, seemed like a bunch of nonsense until Cheez, the manager for Sublime, called into a Phoenix radio station and had this to offer:

"It was Brad, the guitar player in the band, that had complained to their security people," Cheez told Vegan. "And then, since the incident, though, that's where really the fun part's begun because I got a call from their production manager on Sunday, asking me to squash the story, that they didn't want anymore press on it and that they were willing to buy us some more weed. This was coming from Mike Shinoda, which was cool. And trust me, I love Mike and Chester is one of my very good friends. But Brad is probably the most un-rock-and-roll dude I know. I mean, those headphones he wears on stage? He's not wearing those because they're monitors. They're like gun headphones so he can't hear anything. Who does that?"
Cheez added, "They're a corporate machine that prints money and I understand they want to protect their image and stuff like that. But we're a rock band. We bought into the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll thing and we're trying not to let it go. I'm pretty sure the reason Chester joined Stone Temple Pilots is just so he could still tell people that he's in a rock band. I'm just guessing. Cause Chester is rock and roll. That dude is legit. And he's as good as it gets. So in no way do I want to slam Chester in any of this because he is the man... It's just such a bummer that he has to be in a band with dudes like that."
Interesting! Is the Sublime manager lying, perhaps?

All they want is fame. Who the fuck had heard of this band before?

i saw them last november here in berlin at the VANSTour :P but not my kind of music XD

but i think that's not negative promotion for LP! In my opinion it is great that Brad is against drugs!! They never had a dumb image like another rockbands.

If it's true than it's a bitch move to call Linkin Park out but on the same time what the hell is wrong with Brad?...

Yeah of course being against drugs is good and all but isn't weed pretty much accepted at most places nowadays and why did he even cared so much about it?

Sublime has been a fairly popular band for quite some time.

This isn't Sublime. This is fucking garbage poser Sublime with the bassist from Sublime that no one knows the name of.

Fuck Sublime with Rome and fuck their stupid manager. You know what's un-rock and roll? Bitching about this for a whole fucking week in every media outlet that'll listen to your stupid stoner shit.

Edited by Final Destiny

Badfish is more Sublime than this Sublime and they are just a cover band!

But also, good luck getting gigs with major headlining acts now that arent into all that. Looks like a bunch of Sublime/Dirty Heads/Pennywise tours for the rest of your careers!

I'm so over hearing this shit.

Who gives a rats arse?

Regardless of whether anyone in LP called authorities or not, Sublime with Rome were in possession of an illegal substance. Rock n' Roll or not. Stop being entitled little shits move on.

This.

I've said about all I will say regarding this story, but figured I'd share a random tidbit: Sublime's manager Cheez is Mike "Cheezboy" Brown, the same guy Chester played with in Bucket of Weenies. No surprise he went out of his way to talk about Chester being cool while pointing the blame at Brad.

What I'll leave my opinion at is that I can honestly see Brad doing something like this (more so than just about any other member of the band anyway), and it's definitely not the "cool" thing to do in this situation. However, Linkin Park has had a "no drugs/alcohol back stage" rule that's been pretty strictly enforced since at least 2007, and their management expects that to apply to everybody backstage at their shows, including opening bands. When LP has the headlining slot on a festival like this, other bands on the bill are expected to follow their rules.

Rome Ramirez also has a VERY bad reputation for being an absolute douchebag with one of the worst cases of entitlement syndrome imaginable. He was a completely unknown kid in the music business who had the Sublime frontman position basically handed to him on a silver platter when he was only 20 years old, and he's thought of himself as some kind of big-shot ever since. Boo hoo, you got your weed taken away that you probably had some record label intern run out and buy for you with money that wasn't even yours (every record label has people like this, they're called "runners." Their job is literally to run around and make any purchase an artist needs so they don't have to do it themselves, and drugs are no exception). No charges were filed, nobody got hurt, and you probably turned around and got yourself another basically-free stash of weed the next day anyway. Quit bitching and be thankful you didn't get booted out of the show or arrested.

I feel really bad that Josh Freese is stuck playing in a band with this guy.

Edited by Astat

"So in no way do I want to slam Chester in any of this because he is the man... It's just such a bummer that he has to be in a band with dudes like that."

With dudes like what?! Dudes who don't do drugs and all that other shit 'typical' rock stars are suppose to do. Get over yourselves Sublime With Rome.

Edited by Jozzie

If this is true, Brad should not have ratted out Sublime. It's not like they are doing a tour with Sublime or anything, this was just a one off show. LP has toured with Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill, Kottonmouth Kings (on their tour) and shit, so I don't see the band caring all that much, which leads me to think that Cheez and Rome are just talking out of their ass. Even if it was true, though, can't they just get over it? Why do they want to bitch to every music media outlet about it? The show was almost a week ago now and surely Sublime could have just got some more weed, which they most likely did after the show. I also think it was a bit rude to say that basically Chester is too good for LP, that is what the person was coming off like, IMO. Chester joined STP but that wasn't because he wanted to show people he still rocked, he did it because he loves STP and wanted to help out the band. LP still rocks, The Hunting Party will put these kind of people to shame.

If this is true, Brad should not have ratted out Sublime. It's not like they are doing a tour with Sublime or anything, this was just a one off show. LP has toured with Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill, Kottonmouth Kings (on their tour) and shit, so I don't see the band caring all that much, which leads me to think that Cheez and Rome are just talking out of their ass.

Do you honestly think Brad actually called the police?

Honestly? I'm really not sure. Part of me thinks that he would definitely do something like that, especially if Sublime was told there was a no alcohol/drugs policy because of LP beforehand and they just ignored that and smoked weed anyways. But another part of me is thinking that maybe no one in LP complained about it, maybe the security at the venue or something had something to do with it all. I am starting to think maybe Brad did rat them out.

They act like LP planted a dead body in their dressing room and pinned the murder on them. It's just ridiculous, the cops took their weed and that's it. It's like complaining to a kid's mom that he was mean to you on the playground.

What the hell are they even complaining about? Where I come for you get arrested for this stuff, even for just a small amount, getting their pipes destroyed etc.

LP offered to replace it but it seems to be better promotion for them to drag this story out.

No, he apparently pointed it out to security who then approached the police.

Maybe Brad pointed it out to security, and then security felt the need to call the police, because they didn't want LP (the biggest act KFMA day has seen) to be upset at all or bothered.