Making Of Guilty All The Same + New Song Names!

B-B-B

a "rap superstar" why reads his lyrics from a paper at recording?

anyway good episode, i hope they release a min 30min making of album film later...

Well, we obviously know of one person in this thread who has zero experience recording vocals in a studio environment...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the rappers reads from paper, Lil' Wayne is a good example for one who doesn't. I'm not even sure if he writes his verses on paper or just made them up.

(DEMO)'s question is a little exaggerated, but it comes from somewhere.

Not all the rappers reads from paper, Lil' Wayne is a good example for one who doesn't. I'm not even sure if he writes his verses on paper or just made them up.

(DEMO)'s question is a little exaggerated, but it comes from somewhere.

Yeah but I would match that verse from Rakim against Lil Wayne's whole discography. I hate that dude. That's my personal opinion though.

Like someone else said he may have done revisions, or just finished writing. Or maybe he just had the paper for backup I mean why is it a big deal that he didn't want to possibly forget a line? It's not like that takes away from a rapper's credibility. He wasn't freestyling. Drake has been known to blatantly read from his phone on camera while rapping and call it a "freestyle", and he's arguably one of the biggest "rap superstars" out today.

Edited by Justin

It's not like that takes away from a rapper's credibility.

Don't take it too far lol, I'm not saying that it's not ok or something, just that his question isn't that weird. Most of the musicians reads from papers for various reasons.

Haha, "demos" yes of course, we have a preview of the new LPU14, since we see some possible song titles, it was expected that some people will try to confuse us with this sort of thing. It's amazing how this guy makes comments about the "songs" like "New demos fucking Awesome dude !!!!" or "yes, instrumental called "Instrumetal"", why had to believe someone who made ​​his twitter account today and coincidentally the first tweet was that image? It is absurd, not expect me that in a few days appear that "CD promo" in torrents or different pages to download with songs from other band haha.

Too many songs end with x:20. I honestly think Instrumetal is a pretty badass name haha.

The "Promotional Use Only" is the biggest dead giveaway for me that it's fake. It would be a watermarked disc guarded by a cop (not kidding, that happened for the ATS 6 track thing). I think these days they make sure the songs don't even leave the studio (happened with Burn It Down).

Too many songs end with x:20. I honestly think Instrumetal is a pretty badass name haha.

The "Promotional Use Only" is the biggest dead giveaway for me that it's fake. It would be a watermarked disc guarded by a cop (not kidding, that happened for the ATS 6 track thing). I think these days they make sure the songs don't even leave the studio (happened with Burn It Down).

well James McMahon, Editor in Chief for Kerrang! got some demos... who knows on which medium he heard them

does anyone remember those cd's that had mp3s on them that you could only play the track like 3 times and then it was unreadable. i remember an oasis one that came free with a paper. why dont they just use that medium. yeah someone might rip it on the first try but a lot of media would listen to it once or twice and then leave it on the side and then if someone stole it it'd be unreadable

This sounds like a concept album a bit

Brad did say that it was conceptually driven, I'm just hoping it isn't too heavy on a story (like actually making characters in the album) and stays focused on a topic. Kind of like The Downward Spiral (which is coincidentally in your tag), it's about the destruction of a man, but almost every song can be held separately.

Brad did say that it was conceptually driven, I'm just hoping it isn't too heavy on a story (like actually making characters in the album) and stays focused on a topic. Kind of like The Downward Spiral (which is coincidentally in your tag), it's about the destruction of a man, but almost every song can be held separately.

Damn. Sounds pretty dark for LP. This could be their best album if pulled off in the right direction.

I'm sure an LP rep from Warner took the disc to Kerrang and let them hear it then left right after it. No way Kerrang just has a copy sitting around in their office.

This definitely seems the most likely to me.