"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty All The Same

Tell us all again

What you think we should be

what the answers are

What it is we can see

Tell us all again

How to do what you say

How to fall in line

How there's no other way

But ooooooh

We all know

You're guilty all the same

To sick to be ashamed

You want to point your finger, but there's no one else to blame

To sick to be ashamed

Show us all again that our hands are unclean

That we're unprepared, that you have what we need

Show us all again cause we can not be saved

Cause the end is near, now there's no other way

Yeah oooooh

You will know

To sick to be ashamed

To sick to be ashamed

There's no one else to blame

Guilty all the same

Guilty all the same

Guilty all the same

Rakim's Part

To sick to be ashamed

To sick to be ashamed

There's no one else to blame

Guilty all the same

Guilty all the same

Guilty all the same

I have to listen to it quite a few more times to get Rakim's part.

Could've done without the additional vocals by whoever that was.

Most legendary emcee to ever guest on an LP song, including Jay-Z.

That said, my first two thoughts:

1. How are they going to play this live? Just completely cut Rakim's part out of the song? I hate this about collaborations with outside vocalists on studio albums, it either means you end up using playback of their vocals for live performances, which comes across as super lame, or you end up cutting big chunks out of songs, which is about equally lame.

2. Great, a guest rapper on a "regular LP album" single. Now people are going to think Mike quit the band again.

Song is overall pretty cool, still not a big fan of the intro but once that piano part comes in, the rest all sounds good. I think the song could honestly just start with the piano and leave that first bit out, but that's just me. Production seems extremely raw...I know this is going to be a self-produced album, but this is bordering on "sounds like a rough demo recorded at a home studio" territory. Also, Chester doesn't really sound like...himself.

Also, parts of this remind me a LOT of the Beta State song on LPU 13.

1. How are they going to play this live? Just completely cut Rakim's part out of the song? I hate this about collaborations with outside vocalists on studio albums, it either means you end up using playback of their vocals for live performances, which comes across as super lame, or you end up cutting big chunks out of songs, which is about equally lame.

I would think that Mike would just sing that part live.

Edited by dvon1539

2. Great, a guest rapper on a "regular LP album" single. Now people are going to think Mike quit the band again.

Song is overall pretty cool, still not a big fan of the intro but once that piano part comes in, the rest all sounds good. I think the song could honestly just start with the piano and leave that first bit out, but that's just me. Production seems extremely raw...I know this is going to be a self-produced album, but this is bordering on "sounds like a rough demo recorded at a home studio" territory. Also, Chester doesn't really sound like...himself.

I like the verse and all, but you said it perfectly. It basically makes the song impossible to play live in full form. I doubt they'd bring him around the whole tour for this song (unless he did more with them)

Mike can rap it