6th Album in the First Half of 2014

RogueSoul

If we are talking about "albums" the new one is the 10th:

Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Live In Texas, Minutes To Midnight, Road To Revolution, A Thousand Suns, Living Things and Recharged.

If we are talking about "studio albums" the new one is the 6th:

Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns and Living Things.

I don't count Reanimation, Collision Course or Recharged as main albums. I'm shocked that the band would. I only count Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns and Living Things as their main albums thus far. To each their own, I guess.

Anyways, this is cool news. If they released the 6th album around June or July, it'd be exactly 2 years or a little more than 2 years since Living Things was released. Seems appropriate.

When Reanimation came out and for years afterward they always referred to Reanimation as a legit full album. They are reinterpreted, redone songs with guests. I count that but not RECHARGED.

HT, Reani, Meteora, MTM, ATS, LT. Next one will be the seventh for me.

When Reanimation came out and for years afterward they always referred to Reanimation as a legit full album. They are reinterpreted, redone songs with guests. I count that but not RECHARGED.

HT, Reani, Meteora, MTM, ATS, LT. Next one will be the seventh for me.

They also released it in the "mastered for iTunes" package. Reanimation is one of the "main" albums, but it can't be counted as a studio album.

Is it wrong that part of me hopes the new album would take longer? I mean, ATS took 4 years and I thought it was flawless IMO, while LT took almost half of that and some of the songs were lacking. It just worries me that pushing out albums like this might reduce their overall quality. I don't know, I think I've just been more about quality rather than quanity.

You can call Reanimation whatever you want, but the fact remains that it is a remix album. It's not a main studio album, otherwise LP would have never called Meteora their sophmore album, MTM their third album, and so on and so forth. It's a remix album just like Recharged and Collision Course are. It may be better than those and of better quality, but it doesn't make it not a remix album.

Is it wrong that part of me hopes the new album would take longer? I mean, ATS took 4 years and I thought it was flawless IMO, while LT took almost half of that and some of the songs were lacking. It just worries me that pushing out albums like this might reduce their overall quality. I don't know, I think I've just been more about quality rather than quanity.

I think it is a bit rushed, too. I would have liked for them to wait until 2015 to release the album and tour, etc. But I guess the band wants to release music faster and tour less and less. LP's music always seems to be better when they take their time and let the music grow, etc. MTM and ATS both took a while to complete and they both are masterpieces. LT didn't take very long at all and it's not as good as those albums. I just hope we don't get another rushed album with a short tour, but it's starting to look that way.