6th Album in the First Half of 2014

RogueSoul

well the beatles had album out fairly quickly and eps in between. they lasted 10 years and had 13 albums and 12 eps. plus singles with b sides which werent part of albums (as it was thought at that time that having a single that was on the album was conning the public).

it's doable.

Is it wrong that part of me hopes the new album would take longer? I mean, ATS took 4 years and I thought it was flawless IMO, while LT took almost half of that and some of the songs were lacking. It just worries me that pushing out albums like this might reduce their overall quality. I don't know, I think I've just been more about quality rather than quanity.

First reason ATS took that long is because they toured for way longer before. They weren't making ATS during all those 4 years :lol:

I think it is a bit rushed, too. I would have liked for them to wait until 2015 to release the album and tour, etc. But I guess the band wants to release music faster and tour less and less. LP's music always seems to be better when they take their time and let the music grow, etc. MTM and ATS both took a while to complete and they both are masterpieces. LT didn't take very long at all and it's not as good as those albums. I just hope we don't get another rushed album with a short tour, but it's starting to look that way.

I can't say agree. You can't really put a timeline like that on a creative process. In my experience, the best decisions in songwriting are the initial ones, and over-thinking can really hurt the outcome. I have a feeling that LP would do better if they went with their first thought on more occasions. This could be different from musician to musician, I'm just saying that time won't necessarily influence quality. If you take look at some of the most classic songs in rock-history, they come from albums that were released a year or maybe even a HALF year after the last one. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, the list goes on.

Why people thinks that studio album every 2 years means rushed album? The gaps between the albums can be 2 years and it'll takes them 6 months to make the album, and can be 5 years and it'll takes them 6 months to make the album. In both they worked 6 months, so where's the "rushing"?

The "rushing" can be when the songs aren't finished yet, but they're hurry to release them.

After letting this settle for a bit, I think an announcement of the album will be released by July 2014. However, I think they're gonna do a similar schedule to last year's album touring cycle. They'll start touring early summer in Europe and other countries then they'll hit the states in the fall with an August/September release date for the album

A Winter US Arena Tour would be epic. They could hit up tons of places and of coarse, Madison Square Garden. I would love to go to another LP show there.

The band in the USA just doesn't bring the energy like they do in the amphitheatres when it's hot as hell outside. Chester always ends up sick, they cancel stuff, etc. The crowds aren't even as big. I'd like to see them at MSG, sure, but I really enjoy the summer tours a lot more.

The band in the USA just doesn't bring the energy like they do in the amphitheatres when it's hot as hell outside. Chester always ends up sick, they cancel stuff, etc. The crowds aren't even as big. I'd like to see them at MSG, sure, but I really enjoy the summer tours a lot more.

I do too, don't get me wrong, I just loved seeing LP at MSG. It was a great show. But yeah, Chester does always get sick. He was sick during the Meteora US Winter Arena Tour but he didn't have any cancelations or dropped songs. Although that was the 'golden age' of LP so I'm not surprised he pulled through it with ease. For the MTM Winter Arena Tour, he got bronchitis and had to cancel some shows and they had to switch up the set for most of the tour. For the ATS Winter Arena Tour, he got sick and they canceled shows and switched up the set as well, I believe. So yeah, he has got sick every album cycle for Winter US Arena Tours except for maybe the Hybrid Theory tour. LOL. LT didn't have one.

I'd say it's almost impossible to not get sick during the winter time, especially if you get in contact with so many people during a tour, shaking hands, possibly sick people at M&G's etc.

I'm not a big fan of winter tours as well, you easily get sick yourself. Waiting outside sucks. Just like Mark said, summer tours are more fun, the mood is better and you have more energy yourself to do stuff.

I was sick during my 2 DBS shows in February 2010, I had fever and felt like a zombie. And almost every time I did several shows in a row, a road trip, I got sick afterwards haha. I got home from the US last year and almost needed an entire week to recover and got sick as well.

I don't blame them for canceling shows, especially when Chester is sick with even a cold it attacks his voice, we all know that feeling.

He was sick during the Meteora US Winter Arena Tour but he didn't have any cancelations or dropped songs.

http://lplive.net/shows/20040205.php

Dropped half of the encore due to Chester being sick.

The show the day after, in Inglewood, had to be rescheduled due to him being sick.

http://lplive.net/shows/20040315.php

So that definitely counts. 2004, 2008 and 2011 had legit Chester sick incidents mid tour. I'm surprised they keep trying to do winter tours.

Well we have got one US tour pretty much for each album cycle since ATS was released. I assume they will continue that pattern. Mike pretty much confirmed that PR wouldn't be happening again but that maybe a similar style summer tour is likely. It would be awesome if LP did a summer tour for the next album, seeing as how we may only get one tour for the US. Of coarse they will play places in the US multiple times during the cycle, such as LA and Vegas, but as far as a full US tour goes, I think we will only get one. I don't think they will do a winter US arena tour honestly, most likely it will be a summer tour. So don't worry guys.

I don't understand why the band doesn't hit up places like Chicago or New York more often for one-off shows in the states.

I mean, population-wise, New York is the biggest city in the US, and Chicago is the third I believe, so why not play some one-off shows in places like that rather than just play LA or LV over and over.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

Mike is a great backup singer, sometimes he's also a studio singer -NRL COUGH-

But i love his parts during Blackout and Iridescent.

I can't recall a time where I heard a singing vocal from Mike and didn't automatically think that it would sound better if Chester had sang it. Mike doesn't have a horrible voice, but I prefer to hear Chester's voice when I'm listening to LP songs if it comes to singing or screaming.