Download: Reading Festival 22.08.2003 (Master)

felipeintheend

One of the most popular audience recordings of Linkin Park is the recording of their Reading Festival show from August 22, 2003. Featuring one of the most rowdy crowds of 2003 from videos we have of that era, the band said at the time that it was the best crowd that they had ever played for up until that point. Additionally, we are hoping this show is released as a DSP someday!

The master copy of this audience recording is now available for download, over ten years after the show took place. The taper had this to say, "That is the version taken from my master tapes, no larger version currently exists. It was filmed on a special camera format: microMV by the way."

Show page

Download the DVD on DIME here.

Enjoy!

Edited by Hahninator

Thanks! 10 years O_O

Yeah, I wonder if this is actually different to the copy that's flying around. Need to dig that one out and compare.

Also wondering what that "Original master is around 4 GB" comment is about. I know in the very first trade I made for that show all I got was a ~4GB MPG video because the other person wasn't able to do an exact DVD copy, so she (?) did some kind of manual transfer that bloated the file. Dunno if this could be related to the "original master" note...

Edit: Just compared them (found my 1,61GB copy), the first .vobs are identical in MediaInfo. I made a screenshot of the same frame and they're identical, too. The DIME upload doesn't have the bluescreen in the 2nd vob. Looks like this is just the exact same copy we had for years.

I assume there's only one transfer ever made, and judging by this screenshot that one was made using a standalone DVD-Recorder.

Edited by Chesterchaz

Thanks! 10 years O_O

Yeah, I wonder if this is actually different to the copy that's flying around. Need to dig that one out and compare.

Also wondering what that "Original master is around 4 GB" comment is about. I know in the very first trade I made for that show all I got was a ~4GB MPG video because the other person wasn't able to do an exact DVD copy, so she (?) did some kind of manual transfer that bloated the file. Dunno if this could be related to the "original master" note...

Edit: Just compared them (found my 1,61GB copy), the first .vobs are identical in MediaInfo. I made a screenshot of the same frame and they're identical, too. The DIME upload doesn't have the bluescreen in the 2nd vob. Looks like this is just the exact same copy we had for years.

I assume there's only one transfer ever made, and judging by this screenshot that one was made using a standalone DVD-Recorder.

Well, i have never really cared about comparing the sources. All i know is that this is the only 'master copy' and there is none a 4gb. As i said before the mainpost being edited "For those who doesn't have it yet' ^^

If nothing else, it's nice to have confirmation that the 1.61 GB version we've had for a long time is indeed the master, and we don't have to worry about trying to track down an upgrade for this recording anymore!