03.08.2013 - West Hollywood, CA - SSMF

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were wrong once so far. If POWERLESS isn't played at Summer Sonic, my signature was for nothing lol.

but i told you NOT to mark my words for SSMF :P. i was not sure either. Edited by Skipees

but i told you NOT to mark my word for SSMF. :P i was not sure either.

That was your mistake. When you tell me not to do something, it makes me want to do it!

Good show tonight. Setlist isn't the worst. APFMH/Papercut was fucking awesome.

Yeah. If people thought we overreacted about Doug, they must think we're gonna start a riot about this.

I mean I can see how my 2 tweets could have been taken out of context, which is why I removed them. Looking at them from an outsider point of view they certainly seem rude and disrespectful but I meant no harm by them. They were just in the heat of things and I thought we could poke some fun at him. I agree with you though, I honestly don't think anyone got their panties in a wad about Doug lol. That was easily the funniest thing I have ever seen in the LP community - my entire Twitter timeline was exploding.

And yeah for real, they probably think we'll take pitchforks somewhere over the DSPs.

Speaking of DSPs, it's 2:15am and I'm going to sleep but I will post a Newswire thread about the comments today regarding DSPs and we'll go from there. I'll post it when I wake up in a few hours. Should make some good discussion before Summer Sonic.

I doubt LP will change much in these setlists. They might even go back to Set A for Asia. Or maybe use this for the festivals with no encore and use Set A for the headline shows. That's very possible. This is a badass setlist though.

I can agree it would have been nice to have seen Reading My Eyes in full, but I mean the song hasn't been played in over 5 years now and it has never been played in the US in full under the name Linkin Park. Slim chances of them breaking that out. They go outside of their box SOMETIMES like with Runaway, etc last year but I guess they didn't feel comfortable doing it this time. Or they were lazy.

APFMH/Papercut opening and then BIO w/ RME/Faint/OSC is really a great ending though. No fucking ballad medley. I approve.

I can agree it would have been nice to have seen Reading My Eyes in full, but I mean the song hasn't been played in over 5 years now and it has never been played in the US in full under the name Linkin Park. Slim chances of them breaking that out. They go outside of their box SOMETIMES like with Runaway, etc last year but I guess they didn't feel comfortable doing it this time. Or they were lazy.

APFMH/Papercut opening and then BIO w/ RME/Faint/OSC is really a great ending though. No fucking ballad medley. I approve.

Well basically, I feel that they play the singles every show because they know that a lot of casual fans bought tickets to SEE songs like ITE, Numb, WID, etc. and they would feel cheated if the band dropped a single for a throwback like Step Up. I know a lot of us would love it (myself included...SU is one of my favorite songs from that era of the band), but for example, I guarantee some people were disappointed at the show where they dropped ITE in favor of APFMH. So the singles (because of the business logic of it) take up a good part of the set. Besides that, I think they have a huge comfort zone after years of playing certain songs. I think that (as a band) they aren't that anxious to try and venture outside of it by playing a song they haven't played in years. I honestly believe that putting RME on the BIO bridge was something they thought the hardcore fans would appreciate. It's not exactly them going back in time, but it's more like a nod to the community while still appealing to the casual fans that come out to the shows.

maybe it was the webcast that we watched before, i don't know.

It was me streaming the same KTLA broadcast for some time. :]

On that note... since I probably won't come back to it as I've planned, here's some stuff from 2009 Greenfest show (was unlisted for a while):

No, there's nothing new about that setlist, but it's pretty much pure gold awesomeness. Yeah, it's mostly singles but that's what the band's gonna play, no stopping it, at least the arrangement of the set is brilliant- APFMH/Papercut opening is absolutely inspired.

An awesome set list will be like this:1) One step closer2) Papercut3) Figure. 094) Given Up5) New Divide6) In My Remains7) With You8) In Pieces9) Waiting for the end10) Breaking the habit11) Numb12) Lost in the echo13) Lying from You14) Points of authority15) faint16) burn it downEncore17)powerless18) what I've done19)in the end20) Bleed it out

What the? Still The same songs, i dont have hope now for new set on Summer Sonic etc. Ehhh

It all depends on the first show.... If its still the same set, I bet the rest of Asia tour will be the same, just moved around in different orders. *crossing my fingers for Powerless ;-)

they can drop LGM and raplace it with the "special" or even with just another song. the casual audience don't really care if it will dropped.

Think they should add one song (19 songs after almost 15 years on stage and 5 studio albums? Pretty weak, yea i know this is festival show, but) ...Only one old song like Step Up or full RME and this set would be great but it seems nothing gonna happen, neither in Asia.