2017.10.27 - Los Angeles, CA (Chester Bennington Celebration)

RogueSoul

Consider this a more show page-oriented "master post" of all the info I could compile that I felt was noteworthy...the list of guests (particuarly which songs Jon Green was on, and who all was on stage for Bleed it Out - I have the complete list) has been pretty iffy elsewhere, and I wanted to note everything I could. I'm still trying to write an actual review.

01. Robot Boy/The Messenger/Iridescent/Roads Untraveled (Medley) - Linkin Park feat. Jon Green (Keys/Backing Vocals)

-Mike lead vocals on parts originally sung by Chester

-No second guitar parts on Iridescent/Roads Untraveled

-Robot Boy: Intro "ooh's" only w/some of outro instrumental (including some of Chester's vocals on playback), moved from key of D to key of C

-The Messenger: Full band electric arrangement, Intro/Verse 1/Chorus 2 only, moved from key of G to key of C

-Iridescent: Re-arranged version with bridge/outro instrumental serving as a recurring theme, Intro through Chorus 2 only

-Roads Untraveled: Re-arranged version with bridge instrumental serving as intro, Shortened (no last chorus), moved from key of G# minor to key of A minor

(Chester vocal warmup video clip)

02. Numb - Linkin Park

-Instrumental (except for occasional backing vocals by Mike), spotlight on empty mic stand at front of stage w/rest of stage darkened

-Brad's guitar was horrendously out of tune on this song for some reason...

03. Shadow of the Day/With or Without You (U2 cover) - Linkin Park feat. Ryan Key (Vocals), Jon Green (Guitar/Backing Vocals), and a string quartet

-Re-arranged version w/Mike playing bass and Phoenix playing guitar, lots of new guitar parts (Brad, Phoenix, and Jon all on guitars)

-Shadow of the Day: Extended intro, Shortened (no first guitar solo or third chorus)

-With or Without You: Intro/Verse 1/Chorus 3/Outro only, moved from key of D to key of B

-Additional Shadow of the Day chorus played after With or Without You portion

04. Leave Out All the Rest (2017 Version) - Linkin Park feat. Gavin Rossdale (Vocals) and a string quartet

-Moved from key of A minor to key of G minor

-Someone (probably Jon Green) was singing backing vocals from offstage on this one, there are definitely additional harmonies beyond what Mike's singing audible on the recording, and the webcast shows that Joe/Brad/Phoenix aren't singing.

05. Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park feat. Taka (Vocals) and a string quartet

(Lollipops and Unicorns video clip)

06. Castle of Glass - Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn feat. No Doubt/Dreamcar (Tom Dumont - Guitar, Tony Kanal - Bass, Adrian Young - Drums), Alanis Morissette (Vocals), and a string quartet

-Moved from key of C# minor to key of D# minor

-No second guitar part (Mike didn't play guitar like he did when the studio version was played in the past)

07. Rest - Alanis Morissette (Vocals) and Mike Farrell (Keys)

(LP/We Care Solar video clip)

08. Nobody Can Save Me - Linkin Park feat. Steven McKellar (Vocals) and Jon Green (Guitar/Backing Vocals)

-Extended guitar/vocal intro, moved from key of B to key of Bb

-Mike lead vocals on first verse/chorus, Steven McKellar lead vocals for rest of song

09. Battle Symphony - Linkin Park feat. Jon Green (Guitar/Vocals)

-False start

-Brad, Mike, and Jon all on guitars

-Much like Leave Out All the Rest, there were additional vocal parts audible beyond Mike and Jon, and nobody else on stage was singing. This time it almost sounded like there was a pre-recorded double of Mike's harmonies in the choruses.

10. Sharp Edges - Linkin Park (Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, and Phoenix) feat. Ilsey Juber (Vocals)

-Moved from key of D minor to key of F minor

-Brad and Phoenix both on acoustic guitar

11. Talking to Myself/All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix cover) - Linkin Park feat. Ilsey Juber (Guitar/Vocals) and Jon Green (Keys/Vocals)

-Moved from key of D minor to key of G# minor

-All Along the Watchtower portion in place of bridge of Talking to Myself, Intro/First Verse/Guitar Solo then back into Talking to Myself chorus/outro

12. Heavy - Linkin Park feat. Julia Michaels (Vocals) and Kiiara (Vocals)

13. One More Light - Linkin Park (Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, and Phoenix)

-Mike lead vocals

-Moved from key of F minor to key of E minor

14. Looking for an Answer - Mike Shinoda

15. Waiting for the End - Linkin Park feat. Sydney Sierota (Vocals) and Steven McKellar (Vocals)

-Extended piano/vocal > Apaches intro, Wall of Noise outro

-Mike lead vocals on intro

-Mike messed up at one point during the piano intro.

(Hybrid Theory/Frat Party video clip)

16. Crawling - Linkin Park (Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Phoenix, and Joe Hahn) feat. Oliver Sykes (Vocals) and Zedd (Drums)

-Moved from key of C# minor to key of B minor

-Intro was messed up

-Lead-in to second chorus was messed up (Zedd started to go into the chorus too soon, and Oliver Sykes almost followed him, but both corrected themselves)

-Oliver Sykes was accused of lipsyncing by many people, after his vocals from the previous day's rehearsal were mistakenly broadcast on the webcast instead of his live vocals (likely a result of someone having the pre-recorded vocal in their monitors as a guide track, and that track being selected on the webcast mix by mistake). His live vocals were heard in the venue, however.

17. Papercut - Linkin Park feat. Machine Gun Kelly (Vocals) and Jon Green (Keys/Backing Vocals)

-Some of Chester's studio vocals were on playback during the bridge and outro

-Jon Green sang backups on the bridge and outro, however his vocals were inaudible on the webcast.

18. One Step Closer - Linkin Park feat. Jonathan Davis (Vocals), Ryan Shuck (Guitar), and Amir Derakh (Guitar)

-2017 Extended intro

-Brad, Amir, and Ryan all on guitars, however Mike didn't play guitar.

19. A Place for My Head - Linkin Park feat. Jeremy McKinnon

-Extended guitar intro w/pause before first verse

-Brad's guitar wasn't distorted for most of the first verse.

20. Rebellion - Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn feat. Daron Malakian (Guitar/Vocals), Shavo Odadjian (Bass), and Frank Zummo (Drums)

-Second guitar part on playback (Mike didn't play guitar like he has on this song in the past)

-Daron's guitar was pretty out of tune during this song (almost on par with Brad's during Numb!).

-Some of Chester's studio vocals were on playback throughout the song.

-System of a Down drummer John Dolmayan was originally announced as a guest for the show (likely meaning he would have appeared on this song as well), but didn't end up performing.

21. The Catalyst - Linkin Park feat. Deryck Whibley (Vocals), Frank Zummo (Drums), and Jon Green (Keys/Backing Vocals)

-Shortened (no second chorus or synth breakdown)

-Frank Zummo didn't play on the whole song, just the bridge and outro (Rob was still playing as well).

-Rather than playing on his own keyboard rig on the side of the stage, Jon Green played on Mike's keyboard rig at center stage on this song, and Mike didn't play keys at all.

(Video tribute from U2, Metallica, Jared and Shannon Leto, Duff McKagan, Dave Gahan, and Paul McCartney)

22. I Miss You - Blink-182

-Extended outro

23. What I've Done - Blink-182, Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, and Joe Hahn

-2017 Extended intro

-Double-time drum beat on last chorus and outro

-Brad, Mike, and Matt Skiba all on guitars

-Lead vocals shared by Matt Skiba and Mark Hoppus

24. In the End - Linkin Park

-Chester's parts sung by audience

(Encore break)

(Speech by Talinda Bennington)

(Chester speech from Birmingham 2017 video clip)

25. Iridescent - Linkin Park feat. Jon Green (Guitar)

-Mike lead vocals on parts originally sung by Chester

-Shortened (Bridge/final chorus only), essentially a conclusion of the part of the song that wasn't played during the opening medley.

-Jon Green actually came out to the front of the stage while playing guitar on this song.

26. New Divide - Linkin Park

-Live performance synced up with video footage and Chester's vocal track from 2014 Hollywood Bowl performance

-Shortened (no first chorus or second verse)

-Contrary to what's stated on the show page, the whole band was playing live on this. I'm not sure if any of the music from the 2014 performance was also synced up with the live mix, it just sounded like Chester's vocals to me.

27. A Light That Never Comes - Mike Shinoda, Steve Aoki, and Joe Hahn feat. Bebe Rexha (Vocals), Frank Zummo (Drums), and Marc VanGool (Guitar)

-Steve Aoki played a few samples on Joe's DJ kit, but primarily ran around with a mic and hyped the crowd up during the performance.

-Mike's guitar tech Marc unexpectedly played guitar on this song! He came out and stood near Joe's riser during the last chorus and outro.

28. Burn it Down - Linkin Park feat. M. Shadows (Vocals)

29. Faint - Linkin Park feat. M. Shadows (Vocals) and Synyster Gates (Guitar)

-Extended outro w/Synyster Gates guitar solo

-Brad, Mike, and Synyster Gates all on guitars

-Synyster Gates's guitar solo during the outro was almost inaudible on the webcast, but was very prominent in person.

30. Bleed it Out/The Messenger - Linkin Park & Friends

-The majority of the guests from throughout the night joined the band on stage for the final song. Most prominently featured were M. Shadows (Vocals), Synyster Gates (Guitar), Jon Green (Keys/Backing Vocals), and Frank Zummo (Drums).

-Other guests who were on stage (some with microphones) included Ryan Key, Taka, Gavin Rossdale, Deryck Whibley, Steve Aoki, Sydney Sierota, Oliver Sykes, Amir Derakh, Ryan Shuck, Machine Gun Kelly, Steven McKellar, and DJ Z-Trip (who was the opening act, although not featured as a guest during the show itself). Noah and Graham Sierota from Echosmith were also on stage as well, despite not being featured as guests during the show. Graham actually created a pretty funny moment by jumping up on Rob's drum kit and playing drums while Rob was also still playing, so they were both playing on the same kit at the same time!

-After the bridge, the song transformed into a reprise of The messenger (sort of like the electric full-band version from the beginning of the show, but obviously more in line musically with Bleed it Out's tempo and arrangement), culminating in a singalong of the chorus and the "oh-oh" vocals at the end. The band ended with this version of The Messenger, without transitioning back into Bleed it Out. This reprise was also in the key of A major, while the version at the beginning of the show was in the key of C major.

-Frank Zummo only played drums for The Messenger portion (Rob and Graham continued playing on the other drum kit as well).

(Steve Aoki's remix of One More Light was used as house music while the crowd was leaving)

Edited by Astat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching them play Rebellion just makes me wish the band played THP in full in 2014 and 2015. I wish LT, THP and OML all got to be played in full. I would have enjoyed Carnivores having all 12 songs from THP plus 12 of the big hits or something, same goes for Honda Civic Tour having all 12 LT songs and 12 hits or whatever. Damn man. THP was actually pretty epic.

Watching them play Rebellion just makes me wish the band played THP in full in 2014 and 2015. I wish LT, THP and OML all got to be played in full. I would have enjoyed Carnivores having all 12 songs from THP plus 12 of the big hits or something, same goes for Honda Civic Tour having all 12 LT songs and 12 hits or whatever. Damn man. THP was actually pretty epic.

Agreed. Carnivores, as much as I loved that tour, had too many shortened songs

Agreed. Carnivores, as much as I loved that tour, had too many shortened songs

I know that very few people going to the tour would have wanted to see all 12 songs from THP in full, but I would have loved it. Haha. I don't think many bands do that because most people are coming to hear all the singles from all albums. 95% of the crowd at a Linkin Park show would rather see all the singles from HT and Meteora over hearing THP in full, where as it would be the opposite for me. But that's just how it is, I guess, it makes sense, I would want to play stuff the fans wanted as well. But just imagine seeing THP in full on Carnivores, how epic it would have been. Haha.

I know that very few people going to the tour would have wanted to see all 12 songs from THP in full, but I would have loved it. Haha. I don't think many bands do that because most people are coming to hear all the singles from all albums. 95% of the crowd at a Linkin Park show would rather see all the singles from HT and Meteora over hearing THP in full, where as it would be the opposite for me. But that's just how it is, I guess, it makes sense, I would want to play stuff the fans wanted as well. But just imagine seeing THP in full on Carnivores, how epic it would have been. Haha.

Oh yeah, My neck would die! LOL

27. A Light That Never Comes - Mike Shinoda, Steve Aoki, and Joe Hahn feat. Bebe Rexha (Vocals), Frank Zummo (Drums), and ? (Guitar)

-Steve Aoki played a few samples on Joe's DJ kit, but primarily ran around with a mic and hyped the crowd up during the performance.

-An unknown guitar player could be seen near Joe's riser during the last chorus and outro - it definitely wasn't Brad or Jon Green. It MIGHT have been Amir Derakh, but I'm unsure of that.

It's Mike's tech

post-232-0-13057600-1509577158_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share my two cents about the show.

• Intro tracks were great. Mike really did a great job and Joe was awesome for backup vocals.
  • Never been a huge fan of Roads Untraveled, but this easily shows that they should have played it live during the LT touring cycle.
  • Gavin Rossdale left my mouth wide fucking open. What an amazing take on LOATR. I would absolutely love this in studio quality. That being said, best performance of the night, imo.
  • Really didn't like Taka on SIB. Super whiny, and messed up the lyrics a bunch. Alanis Morissette and Castle of Glass is just a no. That rendition was weird, and Alanis just looked bored out of her mind, I mean is she performing or trying to hold her hip in place?
  • Mike, Steven, and Jon did absolutely wonderful on Nobody Can Save. Definitely one of the more bittersweet moments of the show.
  • Ilsey Juber was meh on Sharp Edges. Did not like her on TTM, she sounds awkward on the chorus.
  • I like Julia Michaels, but her singing was pretty off putting on Heavy. She kept cutting off a lot of the sentences short with quick breathing in between and it just did not work for her one bit. Kiiara was great as always. Seems like she tried singing it the way she always did with Chester, but Julia wouldn't really allow for that.
  • OML/LFAA were beautiful. Simple as that. Makes me wish I could thank Mike for the many years of amazing music.
  • Oli sounds great on the cam quality of Crawling. Love the fan interaction. Gave me a Chester vibe. Wish we just got the proper audio for the show.
  • Jeremy killing it on APFMH. Definitely came and owned it.
  • Best Rebellion to date. Everything was perfect about it, especially the final chorus, absolutely nailed it!
  • Deryck was fantastic on The Catalyst. The minute Mike announced him, I knew that was gonna work perfectly and he did not disappoint.
  • Man, none of those performances would have made me tear up except for New Divide. Seeing them perform with Chester helping in some form just breaks me. Thinking about it just gets to me.

Overall, it was a decent show. I want the band to keep playing and will support them if they stay as a 5 piece band, but this really did show how important Chester was and how no one really filled his shoes in perfectly. Some more than others. And despite me not liking all the acts, I still respect them for coming out to perform for a great cause and great man.

Ilsey was meh? I HUGELY disagree with you there. It's definitely one of the better perfomances of the night.

Ilsey was meh? I HUGELY disagree with you there. It's definitely one of the better perfomances of the night.

I agree. Ilsey was one of the better performances of the night, and she absolutely killed it on the guitar. Put Brad to shame (sorry not sorry)

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, lol. Tried giving it another shot and she just didn't cut it for me one bit.

The show was truly one of the best events I've ever attended. Not sure what to really say about it other than it ended up being a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I wasn't sure what to even expect.

Being around South Americans in the crowd was truly memorable. They exploded the entire place on the Hybrid Theory songs, especially Papercut, OSC, and APFMH. Jeremy KILLED it... singing the alternate APFMH lines Chester did live. Talk about a well versed guest.

The run of OML songs about killed me. Super super sad portion of the show. I love Civil Twilight so it was great to see Steven out there, and Ilsey's voice is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Sharp Edges was fantastic.

How about that Roads Untraveled debut? Wow.

Jon Green was A+ and I was quite impressed with him.

All in all a fantastic night that showed LP can move forward from this. I selfishly want to see them a lot on tour now (2018) but surely they need a large break before they continue.

I wanted to do a full review on what I thought of each guest, so I won't be including the songs that were just LP (I loved all of those).

Shadow Of The Day: I thought Ryan Key did good on SOTD. He wasn't my favorite, but he did fairly well with the vocals, IMO. Infusing With or Without You into the song was cool too, people used to always say that SOTD ripped off With Or Without You, but this medley was good, they are both good songs. Mike's vocals on With Or Without You were good, too.

Leave Out All The Rest: I had no idea who Gavin Rossdale was before this performance. I didn't even look up who he was until after the live stream was over originally. Very strange voice and guest for this song, I didn't like it.

Somewhere I Belong: Wasn't a fan of Taka on vocals at all. Thought he sounded bad.

Castle Of Glass/Rest: Didn't really like her on COG. And Rest was extremely annoying, long and unnecessary, perhaps the only way she would agree to do COG was if she got to play her song, too, who knows. Wish they had a country rocker do COG, it's always had that style to me. Alanis tried that in a way but it didn't translate well to me.

Nobody Can Save Me: This was crazy. I didn't like how they had that long vocal only intro. It's cool that they got a guy that Chester loved to do the song, but I don't think he was particularly amazing. Mike was decent. This is one of those songs that only Chester can sing, I feel like, although Mike wouldn't be bad. Not a good song to have a guest sing. The lyrics are also haunting, so I feel like it may be a bit too personal now to have a guest sing.

Battle Symphony: I actually liked Jon on this. I've always hated this song live, but it was done great here, actually. It was funny as hell when Mike made Joe re-start the intro after messing up, I literally laughed out loud.

Sharp Edges: I mean... it was weird. I love this song, but idk. Didn't really like it, her voice was kind of irritating.

Talking To Myself: Started off decent, but once the first chorus came around, it fell short. Didn't like the mash up it with The Watchtower or whatever. Was kind of cheesy. Her voice was once again extremely irritating to me.

Heavy: I'm going to get a lot of shit for saying this, but I prefer Julia over Kiiara 100%. I like Julia's voice, which is rare because I don't really like female vocalists. Julia originally sang this song - we can hear a clip of her singing the chorus on LPTV. I never liked Kiiara, I don't like her voice, her persona, etc. I wish she was never on Heavy and Chester just ended up singing the whole thing on the studio version. Kiiara tried to overtake Julia quite a few times. I thought the point was that Julia was supposed to sing the first verse and first chorus, like Chester does, and Kiiara comes in on the second verse and does the second chorus, and then the rest of the song is both of them. Kiiara tried to overpower Julia from the beginning which was stupid. Julia is a much better singer, she's going to win a bunch of Grammy's in 2018, she didn't deserve to be disrespected. I also think Julia is 100% more cute than Kiiara, but that's besides the performance.

Waiting For The End: Fucking HATED this one. Sydney or whatever from Echosmith was so annoying, holy shit. I hated her voice. I've always hated Echosmith.

Crawling: I thought Oli sounded great. I liked him in the choruses, even with the issue that happened. He did this song justice, probably the best of the night. Once I heard the audience recording without the issue, I loved his performance even more.

Papercut: Wasn't bad I guess, but very forgettable. Was the point? It would have made more sense if MGK rapped the verses solely, but he didn't. Couldn't even hear him in the mix. Waste of a guess. His cover of Numb wasn't even THAT bad that he put up on his YouTube, he could have sang something from HT or Meteora instead, like Runaway or something.

One Step Closer: This was epic as fuck. Jonathan Davis sounded good, I love Jonathan Davis. I always think of him when I hear OSC because of PR04 and Reanimation, perfect person to pick. Ryan Shuck and Amir coming out too was awesome, I'm glad they were part of it, being close friends with Chaz and all. Ryan Shuck looked badass as usual, too. So, solid performance, Chester's best friends with a legend like Jon Davis.

A Place For My Head: Wow. This was epic. I went crazy when I heard Jeremy be introduced. I didn't expect it, but it was fucking great. He was amazing on this song, possibly the best performance of the night, one of them, for sure, maybe second best to Oli.

Rebellion: Cool they played a song from THP. Wasn;t good in terms of vocals.

The Catalyst: One of the worst of the night. Thought he was shitty on the choruses and what not. It isn't a punk rock song, this isn't Warped Tour bro.

What I've Done: I was going to the Blinkin Park show in NYC so it was really emotional for me to see Blink come out and do this song, being my favorite LP song of all time, or one of them. However, it sounded bad. Those vocals were horrid.

A Light That Never Comes: MOST ANNOYING GUEST OF THE NIGHT. Bebe Rexha or whatever. So annoying. OMG. Could have had someone MUCH better sing the chorus of the song.

Burn It Down: I did not expect this AT ALL. Matt Shadows doing BID?? What?? Was very, very strange and sounded terrible. Borderline cringe worthy, actually, not even borderline.

Faint: Matt sang better on this one but still was weak. Could have got Aaron Pauley from OM&M to do the chorus, he can sing like Austin used to, and the vocals aren't hard in this song.

Bleed It Out: The Messenger being included ruined the performance for me. Doesn't go with BIO. I've always thought the only song that goes with BIO is BIO.

Edited by Geki

Something else I just noticed from the live stream that I didn't notice during the live event when I attended...

On Bleed It Out, M Shadows sang Chester's part of the song (on the live stream) I didn't realize that live. I don't know if I didn't pay attention or what but live it felt like everyone was singing. Also, at the end of BIO, Synyster Gates shred a little. I definitely didn't hear this live but its clear on the live stream. Anyone agree/disagree with all this? Was strange that I didn't notice all this live.

For anyone knows how big I am on A7X.... the ending of the concert was a game changer for me. What are the odds that you're two favorite bands of all time will come as one? Insane.

I think the concert was okay. I was a bit disappointed by some of the guests.

Some of them really did a good job and I have much respect for everyone for doing it in honor of Chester. At the same time I don't understand how one can be invited to sing at a tribute concert, rehearse with the band and be so unprepeared. If you want to show respect, show respect and learn your lyrics at least to a point where you can sing them accurately with a teleprompter in front of you. I mean most of them had one or two songs

For me, Mike did a good job under the given circumstances. You could hear there were many emotions playing a role and he was never a really skilled singer live. Therefore it was good and very emotional. The Messenger was okay, RU was good and Iridescent was okay as well.

Ryan Key on Shadow of the Day and Gavin Rossdale both were good but nothing special.

Taka on SIB was really bad. That was the first time during the concert where I wanted to push someone off the stage but the worst performance of the night for me was Alanis Morissette...what was that? It felt like a slap in the face. Her singing was awful. She destroyed COG and even though her own song was better it still was not sung well. I know some of her records and they are not even bad but this performance was just not good.

Nobody Can Save me was better than I thought it would when it started both Mike, Jon Green and Steven Kellar did a really good job and up until then it was clearly the best performance of the night. Jon Green did great on Battle Symphony. I laughed out so loud when Mike told Joe to restart the song after he messed up the intro.

I never heard of Ilsey Juber before but sharp edges was pure gold. I loved the way she sang it and her voice really fits the song.

Talking to Myself was good but not as good as sharp edges.

Heavy would have been better with just Kiiara or Julia Michaels. Both didn't do great and the chemistry between them was kinda off. They were cute though.

One More Light wasn't sung very well but big probs to Mike for doing it as it was really emotional. Looking for an answer the same. I really like the song. The lyrics are beautiful and the melody as well.

Sydney Sierota really didn't shine on Waiting for the End. I don't know her work in Echosmith but WFTE was almost as bad as Alanis Morissette. She had problems hitting the notes and it just sounded wrong.

Next up Crawling. Oli Sykes... I really hated what he did here. I hope he sang it live better than what we got to hear on the live stream. It really sucks for him what happened and the sound engineers who mixed the live stream fucked up big time on most of the guest singers but for me the prerecorded vocals sounded so awful. It's just my opinion but I really asked myself how anyone would spend any money on hearing such a voice. But...opinions.

Papercut with Machine Gun Kelly was as good as it would have been without him. I think he added nothing to it that Mike couldn't have done alone with Chesters voice on the backingtracks the way it was anyway.

I really enjoyed One Step Closer. Jonathan Davis could have listened to the song a little more often beforehand but nontheless I think he was a great fit and did a good job.

A Place for my head was very good as well. Jeremy definitely knew what he was doing here and it was very nice seeing someone who clearly is a fan himself.

After hearing Rebellion with Daron I really wish he would have contributed vocals on the album version as well. That was just awesome. The only letdown was the mixing of the livestream as the vocal backingtrack was louder as Daron on many occasions. I'm so angry at the mixing engineers.

When Deryk came out I really wished he would leave right away but I was surprised that he did such a good job. The Catalyst is no easy song to sing and I think it was very good for that.

I don't want to lose many words on Blink 182 as I can't stand them and WID was only saved from being the worst performance of the night by their "new" singer who isn't half as bad and annoying as the original one.

A Light that never comes...Bebe Rexha...OMG I laughed out so loud. This was neither great nor bad but I enjoyed it as I found this women absolutely funny as well as the performance. I liked it.

I love M.Shadows! Burn it Down was sadly just good. His voice sounds very worn out during recent performances and I think he could need some rest to recover. Faint on the other hand was really awesome. This was clearly a highlight for me.

Bleed It Out was cool but I would have liked if all the guests would have come out but whatever. I was happy Matts vocals were clearly the loudest in the live stream :D

So all in all I'm still in more grief about Chesters passing than I want to admit and therefore I couldn't enjoy the partly very flawed performances as I would have, had it been for just regular guest performaces. Whatever I really appreciate them doing this concert and the reason some things I wrote may sound a little harsh is my passion about singing, my passion about music and especially my passion about LP. Mike did a great job as a frontman and even though I'm criticising him as a singer I think he (and the others) will make the right decisions regarding the band.

Some of them really did a good job and I have much respect for everyone for doing it in honor of Chester. At the same time I don't understand how one can be invited to sing at a tribute concert, rehearse with the band and be so unprepeared. If you want to show respect, show respect and learn your lyrics at least to a point where you can sing them accurately with a teleprompter in front of you. I mean most of them had one or two songs

For me, Mike did a good job under the given circumstances. You could hear there were many emotions playing a role and he was never a really skilled singer live. Therefore it was good and very emotional. The Messenger was okay, RU was good and Iridescent was okay as well.

Ryan Key on Shadow of the Day and Gavin Rossdale both were good but nothing special.

Taka on SIB was really bad. That was the first time during the concert where I wanted to push someone off the stage but the worst performance of the night for me was Alanis Morissette...what was that? It felt like a slap in the face. Her singing was awful. She destroyed COG and even though her own song was better it still was not sung well. I know some of her records and they are not even bad but this performance was just not good.

Nobody Can Save me was better than I thought it would when it started both Mike, Jon Green and Steven Kellar did a really good job and up until then it was clearly the best performance of the night. Jon Green did great on Battle Symphony. I laughed out so loud when Mike told Joe to restart the song after he messed up the intro.

I never heard of Ilsey Juber before but sharp edges was pure gold. I loved the way she sang it and her voice really fits the song.

Heavy would have been better with just Kiiara or Julia Michaels. Both didn't do great and the chemistry between them was kinda off. They were cute though.

One More Light wasn't sung very well but big probs to Mike for doing it as it was really emotional. Looking for an answer the same. I really like the song. The lyrics are beautiful and the melody as well.

Sydney Sierota really didn't shine on Waiting for the End. I don't know her work in Echosmith but WFTE was almost as bad as Alanis Morissette. She had problems hitting the notes and it just sounded wrong.

Next up Crawling. Oli Sykes... I really hated what he did here. I hope he sang it live better than what we got to hear on the live stream. It really sucks for him what happened and the sound engineers who mixed the live stream fucked up big time on most of the guest singers but for me the prerecorded vocals sounded so awful. It's just my opinion but I really asked myself how anyone would spend any money on hearing such a voice. But...opinions.

Papercut with Machine Gun Kelly was as good as it would have been without him. I think he added nothing to it that Mike couldn't have done alone with Chesters voice on the backingtracks the way it was anyway.

I really enjoyed One Step Closer. Jonathan Davis could have listened to the song a little more often beforehand but nontheless I think he was a great fit and did a good job.

A Place for my head was very good as well. Jeremy definitely knew what he was doing here and it was very nice seeing someone who clearly is a fan himself.

After hearing Rebellion with Daron I really wish he would have contributed vocals on the album version as well. That was just awesome. The only letdown was the mixing of the livestream as the vocal backingtrack was louder as Daron on many occasions. I'm so angry at the mixing engineers.

When Deryk came out I really wished he would leave right away but I was surprised that he did such a good job. The Catalyst is no easy song to sing and I think it was very good for that.

I don't want to lose many words on Blink 182 as I can't stand them and WID was only saved from being the worst performance of the night by their "new" singer who isn't half as bad and annoying as the original one.

A Light that never comes...Bebe Rexha...OMG I laughed out so loud. This was neither great nor bad but I enjoyed it as I found this women absolutely funny as well as the performance. I liked it.

I love M.Shadows! Burn it Down was sadly just good. His voice sounds very worn out during recent performances and I think he could need some rest to recover. Faint on the other hand was really awesome. This was clearly a highlight for me.

Bleed It Out was cool but I would have liked if all the guests would have come out but whatever. I was happy Matts vocals were clearly the loudest in the live stream :D

So all in all I'm still in more grief about Chesters passing than I want to admit and therefore I couldn't enjoy the partly very flawed performances as I would have, had it been for just regular guest performaces. Whatever I really appreciate them doing this concert and the reason some things I wrote may sound a little harsh is my passion about singing, my passion about music and especially my passion about LP. Mike did a great job as a frontman and even though I'm criticising him as a singer I think he (and the others) will make the right decisions regarding the band.

Sydney was struggling to hit notes, but Jonathan Davis did a good job?

Did I wake up in an alternate universe today?

JD struggled and it's unfortunate they didn't do the Reanimated bridge, but what can you do... 3 hour set and they were rehearsing a TON of shit. No problem. No complaints from me. OSC blew the place up.

@Legend, I didn't notice any of that live either on BIO. I was focusing on people all over the stage so I guess it was easy to miss. There were two drummers on Rob's kit at one point lol.

Funny how so many (including myself) talked badly about Kiiara in 2017 and she comes out and nails Heavy at the show, better than Julia by far.

My review of the show

Robot Boy / Iridescent / The Messenger: Great way to start the show for me. If they continue touring this will be the perfect way to open.

Roads Untraveled: Awesome that we finally saw this song performed live, makes me wish they played IBG, this, and Powerless live back in 2012-13.

Numb: Hearing the crowd sing-a-long to this was very deep and it showed that the band can continue should they chose to. But it sucked that they were outta sync on the live-stream.

Shadow of the Day: Ryan Key killed it, and the "With or Without You" bit was cool

Leave Out All the Rest: Gavin Rossdale shocked me with his performance, his voice was beautiful and fit the song well.

Somewhere I Belong: Taka did OK but he really struggled with the chorus.

Castle of Glass / Rest: Alanis started COG well but kinda dropped off as the song went on. The instrumental was...different. Her song "Rest" was really good and it fit the show well.

Nobody Can Save Me / Battle Symphony: Jon Green was (like many others had said) one of the best performers of the show. McKellar also killed on NCSM.

Sharp Edges / Talking to Myself: Ilsey Juber was really fun to watch and listen to and she brought a lot of life to the songs.

Heavy: Kiarra was great, but Julia Michaels looked a little nervous.

One More Light: Mike really did this song justice and he had a lot of bravery doing so.

Looking for an Answer: This was the tearjerker for me, the line "Is there sunshine where you are?" really hits me. IMO this song is more powerful than OML.

Waiting for the End: Nice change of tone with the rap verses, Syndey Sierota was alright.

Crawling: My favorite song by the band and I really liked Oli Sykes on it. Shame that the sound engineers fucked up his performance.

Papercut: MGK seemed to really enjoy this as did I.

One Step Closer: Jonathan Davis did really well, but I think Head should've performed and do the "Cause I'm one step closer to the edge, and I'M ABOUT TO BREAK" parts. It would've added a lot. Plus no Reanimation bridge did bum me out but it was probably a bit too dark for this show

A Place For My Head: Jeremey nailed it, especially on the bridge.

Rebellion: My favorite performance of the show, Daron and Shavo lit the place up it seems and Daron killed it on the bridge. This song introduced me to SOAD and I kinda wished Serj and John played.

The Catalyst: I think Deryck's mic was too low because he sounded great but too quiet.

I Miss You / What I've Done: Meh

In The End: Same opinion as the Numb performance.

Iridescent: Good encore opener.

New Divide: Was a little sad to see the screens of Chester back in 2014 but it was alright.

A Light That Never Comes: Bebe's voice was...interesting but still good.

Burn It Down / Faint: Never listened to A7X but M. Shadows nailed it on both songs.

Bleed It Out: Great to see most of the guests come out and sing-a-long, The Messenger bit was nice and heartwarming.

The only complaint I really have is that Reanimation didn't really get a sniff. But I love that album and I might be a bit biased.

Otherwise, It was a great show and I hope the band continues to make music.

Geki 2.0

Sydney crushed it. She was amazing. As a matter of fact, all of the females of the evening absolutely did justice to the songs they sang (Besides Alanis on COG; shit was trash)