The art cover Woooooow The song s great 2

#42 SergSlim

SergSlim

Mass Changes Dude

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

Wow, I wonder why we have not so many comments yet... Anyway - great song. Awesome artwork! Really like the artwork. For some reason it reminds me of Crysis game.

#43 Sheldor

Sheldor

All Hail Megatron.

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

It's a great song, but it ain't not Catalyst. The art is fantastic, and I'm looking forward to the pre-order and the tour announcement (hoping to get an Australia bulk, but may be unlikely).

then it changed me, more scared than angry

09.12.2010 + Meet & Greet

#44 Rob_Wilson

Rob_Wilson

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

It's definitely better than the snippet lol! Overall it's a pretty good song but LP have always struggled picking a lead single that absolutely kicks you in the nuts and grabs your attention!! I do like it though - can definitely tell structure-wise it's a return to pre-MTM with verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge etc. and then with Chester and Mike alternating in the last section. It's a definite grower - but I prefer this on first listen than I did the Catalyst and I ended up think ATS as an album on a whole was brilliant! Excited to see how the other songs turn out - especially as Mike said the songs were well-described in the SPIN article which made them sound unreal! A little guitar here and there wouldn't go amiss though! B)
Seen LP Live:
25.01.08, Sheffield, England
29.06.08, Milton Keynes, England, PR:UK

01.08.09, Knebworth, England, Sonisphere Festival
19.02.10, London, England (Dead by Sunrise)

04.11.10, Manchester, England (Meet & Greet)
09.11.10, Birmingham, England

12.06.11, Donington, England, Download Festival
04.07.11, London, England, iTunes Festival

#45 DogFan_LP

DogFan_LP

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

OMG This song is sooooooooo GOOD! Almost fainted when Mike's rap verse came up!! :D ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR SOME HELLA' GOOD S#!T!? 26/6/2012 THIS IS IT!!!!!
Linkin Park Street Soldier since day one. There's nothing more to say. 09.09.2001 - Stockholm, Solnahallen, Sweden 12.06.2003 - Hultsfred Festival 2003, Sweden 12.08.2006 - Summer Sonic, Japan 25.05.2007 - Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena, Sweden 14.06.2008 - Hultsfred Festival 08, Sweden 29.06.2008 - Milton Keynes, Projekt Revolution, UK 01.08.2009 - Sonisphere 09 UK with Dead By Sunrise 07.11.2010 - Puerta de Alcalá, MTV Music Awards Europe, Spain 12.06.2011 - Donington Park/Donington Castle - Download Festival 2011, UK 14.06.2011 - Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson Globe Arena 04.07.2011 - Itunes Festival 2011, UK 09.09.2011 - nicofarre, Tokyo Japan, A Thousand Horizons 20.05.2012 - Las Vegas, NV - Billboard Awards 2012 26.05.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock In Rio 2012 19.06.2012 - PowerTheWorld/Music For Relief - Rio+ Social

#46 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

proof that a full song is a better indication of *ahem* the full song than a snippet.
that rap took me by surprise though haha.
it's not the most complex song in structural terms, yes, but does that really matter?
also, the verse lyrics are much better than what the chorus lyrics from the snippet had made me anticipate.

lovely stuff.
will check out the album stuff too now

EDIT: wow that art is COOL. i like that even though there's not a vast departure from ATS, the art still feels unique, I like that alot of my favourite bands out so much work into the visuals of their band - LP, MCR, 30STM, etc.

I am proper excited for the full release now 1st single video!!!! :P

Edited by LGraham, 16 April 2012 - 04:19 AM.

"Science explains why something is, but not what it feels like.
Blood & Chemistry is about working out the world when neither satisfy you"

I go to lots of gigs

#47 Ducko

Ducko

Hooligan

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Feedback so far seems more positive than to The Catalyst. Though there are still some people who don't think there's guitar in it... are they deaf or just stupid?

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#48 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Feedback so far seems more positive than to The Catalyst.
Though there are still some people who don't think there's guitar in it... are they deaf or just stupid?

I've never voiced an opinion on the Catalyst (partly because i wasn't actively posting on here when ATS came out) but I don't feel particularly strongly towards it. it's a kind of "meh" song, which is probably better reason for it to have not been a first single than tha fact it was going to be putting a bee hive in some fans' matresses...

and on that last point i think the term "both" may apply.
i can't wait for all this "where's the guitar? they promised a return to hybrid theory roots, which must have meant a nu-metal album, what changed?" discussions to begin again [/sarcasm]

I go to lots of gigs

#49 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

i can't wait for all this "where's the guitar? they promised a return to hybrid theory roots, which must have meant a nu-metal album, what changed?" discussions to begin again [/sarcasm]

WHERE ARE MY HYBRID THEORY POWER CHORDS

MIKE YOU LIED TO US ONCE AGAIN YOU LYING LIAR

NEVER LISTENING TO THIS BAND AGAIN

there, now no one else has to do it. You're welcome.

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

#50 Sucre06

Sucre06

So What ?

• VIP
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

Listened to it like 6 times now, song is fucking awesome!!! I LOVE IT!! LIVING THINGS ALBUM TITLE IS THE BEST TITLE FOR ANY LP ALBUM TO DATE!!!! I'm so happy right now.

I liked too, great song, awesome album title. B)
I love this Monday.

and why Inky, where's Geki ?
Posted Image
http://lp-inside.ru

LP Shows Attended:
14.06.2012 - St. Petersburg, Russia (M&G)

#51 DevinS

DevinS

5 Star General/ Infantry Controller

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

I liked it. It's not as groundbreaking or powerful as The Catalyst, but its a good choice as a first single. Classic LP structure in the song btw...

#52 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

WHERE ARE MY HYBRID THEORY POWER CHORDS
MIKE YOU LIED TO US ONCE AGAIN YOU LYING LIAR
NEVER LISTENING TO THIS BAND AGAIN

there, now no one else has to do it. You're welcome.

haha yeah
ok,

SOMEDUDEREMIX HAS DONE ALL THE BITCHING ABOUT THIS ALBUM THAT IS NECESSARY.
THERE IS NO NO MORE THAT CAN BE SAID.

I go to lots of gigs

#53 AudioNick

AudioNick

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

I like how the trailer supposedly gives a brief hint of what the sound of the album will be like and then BID just has nothing to do with it, with the dancey beat and mike showing up just like a random rapper in a fashion similar to Usher in Rebecca Black's Friday.

This. This is quite possible the worst song written by them. The artwork, however is very cool.

Edited by AudioNick, 16 April 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#54 Ducko

Ducko

Hooligan

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Classic LP structure in the song btw...

VERSE CHORUS VERSE CHORUS BRIDGE DOUBLE CHORUS OUT!

I hope we eventually get stems of this, I'd love to remix it.

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#55 Jozzie

Jozzie

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Have to listen to it a few more times but I think I like it, chorus is very catchy and the intro sounds familiar. Also love the album cover.
"I remember reading comments from other bands, saying things like we feel sorry for bands like Linkin Park, because they'll never know what its like to perform live, because they play along to recorded backing tracks and shit. Well, one: go fuck yourself because you don't know us - and two: why don't you focus on talking about your own band in your interviews?" ~Chester Bennington

#56 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

chester's vocal line on the words like know and glow are very "classic"
- "kno-A-o-Oh-"
he does the exact same pattern on Iridescent on the "let it go" lines

i was kind of humming along to BID and i found myself doing that same melody along to chester without even knowing it was coming up. it's nice though, i like that little progression he does, it's like a signature.

EDIT: the lines "we're building it up/to break it back down" are sung quite similarly to the "lift me up/let me go" in The Catalyst, I can see these two being mashed-up together

dear remixers,

you're welcome.

sincerely
LGraham
:lol:

Edited by LGraham, 16 April 2012 - 06:26 AM.

I go to lots of gigs

#57 Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend

• VIP
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

totally different. I like it
11.10.2010 Itú, SP, Brazil. Fazenda Maeda, SWU Festival
07.10.2012 São Paulo, SP, Brazil, Arena Anhembi
08.10.2012 Rio de Janeiro, RJ , Brazil, Citibank Hall
10.10.2012 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, Citibank Hall

#58 splitmyDNA

splitmyDNA

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

chester's vocal line on the words like know and glow are very "classic"
- "kno-A-o-Oh-"
he does the exact same pattern on Iridescent on the "let it go" lines

i was kind of humming along to BID and i found myself doing that same melody along to chester without even knowing it was coming up. it's nice though, i like that little progression he does, it's like a signature.

EDIT: the lines "we're building it up/to break it back down" are sung quite similarly to the "lift me up/let me go" in The Catalyst, I can see these two being mashed-up together

dear remixers,

you're welcome.

sincerely
LGraham
:lol:

This! I was humming along too, it's something you can just click with. Good choice for a single. Reminded me a little of WID too, classic LP style but fresh. That album art by the way MORE than makes up for the title. It's stunning!

Posted Sincerely, smD

#59 NiKmaN

NiKmaN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

As I expected, the song is way better than the snippet seemed to me. I still don't think it's that good, but I like the way it's made - I realized some of those old era tools Mike mentioned in his blogpost mixed with ATS tools I liked.
So it leads me to look forward to the album. Especially because BID is just too much pop for me and I think the spin interview said it's really popish (despite the other songs they listened to).

The lyrics bring me back to HT and Meteora, and the beat is really cool despite the lack of guitars (even though the heavy synth reminds me of heavy LP guitars).

I'm actually pretty sure there are heavy guitars mixed into the chorus...

Edited by NiKmaN, 16 April 2012 - 06:57 AM.

Posted Image

#60 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

There are definitely guitars during the chorus. I really hope that, if we get a Super Deluxe Fan Edition, that it comes with a print of the album cover, because I'd put that motherfucker up in an instant. The more I look at the cover the more I love it.

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users