Official 'Iridescent' Remix - Transformers 3

BeardyWilderness

Linkin Park has remixed 'Iridescent' and submitted it for inclusion on the next Transformers movie - Transformers 3. SomeKindOfAwesome, a popular site many of you are familiar with, got the track today and now has it for your listening pleasure!

Check it out here.

What do you think? How does this compare to the original 'Iridescent' off of 'A Thousand Suns'?

EDIT:

Mike's comment on this

IRIDESCENT: TRANSFORMERS 3 SINGLE

APRIL 13, 2011

A few months ago, I got on the phone with Michael Bay, who wanted to discuss the possibility of our band continuing our run with songs paired with the Transformers films. We (he, his team, and our band) all have enjoyed working together on the past two, and he wanted to discuss the ideas we might have for Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon. In particular, one song came up immediately. Ever since we started playing Iridescent live, the song has been a fan favorite at the show.

For the film, there’s a new, slightly shorter version of the song, which is floating around the internet now. We’ll be shooting a video for the song tomorrow, directed by Joe Hahn.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it. It sounds a lot better than the original in my opinion. So glad they took out that rather lame group vocal.

Uhh it's still there lol. Not entirely but a solid portion of it.

Cool remix but nothing epic...would have been badass if Mike dropped a verse on it or something or they changed the beat, etc. Adding a few things and swapping a few things around doesn't really do it for me. Better than the original I guess but it's about the same...

Drums are a little different (more club-ish), verse-chorus timing is different. 2nd Chorus is epic with the increase guitars. The best part of the song (the bridge) has been cut severely. The entire song seems too rushed.

Overall, not an improvement over the original. Great that we got a new track, but the original should have been submitted, not this.

Meh, it's allright I guess. Not bad, but not better ;) Would've liked a little harder, more electronic sound.

Blackout or Wretches would have fit the movie better i think.

Still kind of funny that they are now present in all the movies - even though the second one sucked real hard.

I like it. but I would not call it a remix, for me it is an alternate version of Iridescent.

Yeah, I wouldn't call this a remix by any stretch of the imagination. If anything it's just an alternate edit, and a bad one at that. The original Iridescent sounds much more powerful than this.

I'm not saying that the song is bad... I'm saying that the remix is bad.

Just adding a beat over the original song is not a remix!

If they perform this version live from now on I will be pissed off.

really not liking it. Absolutely love the album version which still trumps this. Seems like something that was done by a fan like The Catalyst remix contest.

If this is the version that gets released as the official single then its a huge let down IMO. However, if its just for the OST then I can live with that. Just please don't let it be what is officially released as the single....please LP!!!

This probably isn't even supposed to be a "remix," just the single/radio edit. There's nothing "new" in this version of the song, they just shortened a couple sections, took the drum loop from the second verse and added it to the first verse, and pasted the guitar interlude between the first chorus and second verse into a couple other sections of the song. The album version of Iridescent starts really soft and builds up fairly slowly, so they probably rearranged it a bit to fit in better with an action movie like Transformers. The album version of Iridescent makes about as much sense in Transformers as a track like Shadow of the Day would, the energy just isn't there.

Yeah not really a remix but a less "lame" version. Is it just me or do the added drum parts (in the intro for example) sound a lot like the Catalyst?

That little drum part is actually pasted in from the beginning of the bridge, it's there on the album version of Iridescent. I always thought it was funny that those 2 songs shared a similar format with how the drums come in.

If they perform this version live from now on I will be pissed off.

100% positive that won't happen.

really not liking it. Absolutely love the album version which still trumps this. Seems like something that was done by a fan like The Catalyst remix contest.

If this is the version that gets released as the official single then its a huge let down IMO. However, if its just for the OST then I can live with that. Just please don't let it be what is officially released as the single....please LP!!!

Again...this isn't even a "remix," this probably IS the radio edit/single version of the song. And I don't see why it matters, if you're so vehemently against this version of the song, listen to the album version. It's not like you don't have a choice in the matter.

Nothing drastic to the original version, as others have noted. A few tucks and tweaks and beats added in the beginning, but nothing, really, in terms of a wholesale change. It works, I guess. Probably jazzed up a little bit for the rest of the soundtrack to the movie.