Linkin Park Returning To Honda Civic Tour In 2013?

hahninator

Not sure if it was clear for everyone, the pic in the OP, left and right, it's the same person. The left is the original pic from Facebook and the right an enhanced version of the left pic with changed levels to see who it is.

Over and over again? I've seen almost no recent interviews from them. I can't recall they mentioned touring at all recently. Just until a few weeks ago everyone thought they would be playing shows between Australia and Japan.

I know there was a short question about it at the Echo awards but why should they talk about a US tour in Germany?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP aren't really ones to "surprise" everyone by suddenly announcing a big tour like this after saying over and over again that they're not doing any shows besides Summer Sonic.

This. I'd be really surprised.

Not sure if it was clear for everyone, the pic in the OP, left and right, it's the same person. The left is the original pic from Facebook and the right an enhanced version of the left pic with changed levels to see who it is.

Over and over again? I've seen almost no recent interviews from them. I can't recall they mentioned touring at all recently. Just until a few weeks ago everyone thought they would be playing shows between Australia and Japan.

I know there was a short question about it at the Echo awards but why should they talk about a US tour in Germany?

The last known time they said it besides the Echo awards, to my knowledge, is the Vegas show. The show was promoted to be the only US show in 2013 and Mike said it during the show. Also Sean said that it would be the only show of the year. So at least as of February I don't believe they had plans to do HCT because I doubt they'd lie.

I have no idea how long it takes to put a tour together, but if they are in fact doing HCT it was an extremely last minute type thing. As a US fan I'd LOVE for this to be LP, but it is weird that they were so adamant about it not happening.

Then again, Chester said in an interview last year that they WERE going to another US tour, so really who the heck knows what's going on, lol.

There is no doubt to me that the picture is Brad, but I also doubt that LP is doing the HCT again this year. If they did, I would love it. I had a blast at the Tinley Park show last year, but it just seems unlikely. However, all the clues seem to lead to them, even the touring worldwide. It may not be right this very second, but just this month they were continuing the world tour in Australia. Also, Wiiesel brought up something:

So the prize is a chance to ask the headliner an interview question in person at a private video shoot in Hollywood

"To enjoy the prize, the winner and guest must be available for travel during April 16, 2013 to April 18, 2013. "

That means the video shoot will be at April 16 - 18 in Hollywood. Maybe LP will release another singel off LT and that will be the video shoot.

We have all been waiting for an official POWERLESS video since Chester announced they would be doing one. That Abraham Lincoln once isn't really a music video as much as it is a performance video. The video shoot could potentially be the POWERLESS video, but I'm not saying for sure. It seems like it could be them, but at the same time there are just as many reasons that it could not be them. Time will tell I guess.

Edited by Castle of Glass

How about this one?

Posted Image

Headphones? Same clothes? No?

And as far as arm size, this photo is a better comparison for angle and closeness.

Posted Image

It's definitely Brad in the original picture. The question is whether or not that matters.

2nd pic,is kind of same,but his left hand in pic is not down

I think the photos are stock photos from HCTs past.

The band fun. is a possibility. Although they didn't form in high school, they may have met in high school. And as somebody else has said, The Black Keys also fit this criteria. Somebody also mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Personally, I don't believe that Linkin Park will be back for the HCT.

EDIT: If it was fun, that would explain "The trip to LA for you and a guest will include air, hotel and fun!"

Edited by ToddWilliamson

I cannot imagine for one second that HCT would want to have the same headliners back from last year. Someone (sorry, I didn't quote and can't remember) made a valid point that these might simply be pictures of previous acts just to get people to notice the posts.

Yes, these pictures are clearly brad, but are we looking too far into their inclusion. The promoters have probably made it hard to identify them as LP so that people don't assume on first glance that it is going to be LP, just a picture of a guitarist playing...

The promoters have probably made it hard to identify them as LP so that people don't assume on first glance that it is going to be LP, just a picture of a guitarist playing...

This.

Another idea would be Fall Out Boy as they have just reunited or whatever and they have done the HCT tour a long time ago.

This.

Another idea would be Fall Out Boy as they have just reunited or whatever and they have done the HCT tour a long time ago.

Fall Out Boy played on school playgrounds (high school?), although they're not on a worldwide tour (I don't think) and have only ever been nominated for a Grammy... They don't seem to match the description, but they'd be a pretty solid part of that tour though - the hype for them is insane right now...

I cannot imagine for one second that HCT would want to have the same headliners back from last year.

lol

In December, we heard that the tour had asked Linkin Park to come back for another Honda Civic Tour as well.

Berliant says he is very happy for the success of the tour and if any joined Incubus. And confirmed that the talks are advanced to touch a new Honda Civic Tour with Linkin Park 2.

Per Honda Civic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HondaCivicTour

Think you know who the 2013 Civic Tour headliner will be? Today’s clue: first show was at a venue on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. Check back daily for clues!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, SEE OFFICIAL RULES. Guess does not have to be correct to allow entry.

http://hondacivictour.com/guesstheheadliner

Per Honda Civic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HondaCivicTour

Think you know who the 2013 Civic Tour headliner will be? Today’s clue: first show was at a venue on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. Check back daily for clues!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, SEE OFFICIAL RULES. Guess does not have to be correct to allow entry.

http://hondacivictour.com/guesstheheadliner

99,9% confirmation, now we know LP will be headlining this year's Honda Civic Tour

Edited by StaticXero

1. The Las Vegas Show was promoted as the only show in the US this year

2. LP have said in recent interviews (the last one just a few days ago) that there will be no touring this year, but studio time. I'd expect a single show or two (like Japan in August), but no full tour

3. Several of the crew members have stated that there will be no tour for at least 5 months. Doesn't the HCT start in July?

4. From a PR perspective it would be totally stupid to do this big "guess the headliner" campaign, if it's the same headliner from last year. Don't forget that the US doesn't only have LP fans. All the other rock fans will be furious if it's LP again.

I think as long as there isn't a clue that leads directly to LP, no other options, we can rightfully assume that LP won't do the HCT this year.

lol

I'd totally forgotten that that topic existed haha!

If this is pretty much confirmed, I call that a really weird move on the part of the promoters, for booking essentially the same tour, and the band for bullshitting on the whole "only US date of 2013" thing...

Maybe they'll cover all the places in the us that didn't get to see the band last time...

What does that mean by first show? First show of the year?

Either way I guess it works.

Edited by Soul

3. Several of the crew members have stated that there will be no tour for at least 5 months. Doesn't the HCT start in July?

Wrong, last year's HCT started in August (in 2011 too), it could start right after the Japan shows. Nobody has really said anything about AFTER Japan.

The latest clue is also a pro for LP. I know it all doesn't make much sense but you also can't deny that their manager said in a public interview that he'd love to do another HCT with LP. Maybe they decided to do it recently and the whole "only 2013 show in NA" was true at that time.

If we ignore the pic for a moment the text clues narrow it down to just a few bands.

lol Maroon 5 as a rock act.

They headlined the HCT before.

I am 99% positive it will NOT be LP who plays this year. I am 1% positive that it will be. It's gonna be funny when it's not LP who is headlining. If it really is, that's weird as all hell considering the only US show was Vegas and they didn't even tour Europe properly this whole cycle, or Asia.

Latest clue: First show was on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. LP-wise: Whiskey A Go Go is on Sunset Blvd. 

They also said the part about "ok maybe you can guess the headliner".

All clues point right toward LP, I mean it's pretty obvious now. If its not them then I will e surprised and this will be a pretty big mind fuck. Pic of Brad, all clues fit LP, we know they asked LP to return again, etc.

I just want to share the Renman's interview with Jordan Berliant. He talks about the big chances of a new HCT with Linkin Park in 2013: http://new.livestream.com/renmanmb/events/.../videos/7071899

I know is in the main post but if someone want to watch it, here is the interview.

At what point? Don't wanna watch the entire hour XD

I mean I don't take every single thing the band says as a 100% fact. We have had plenty of statements in te past that have turned out to be not true. Album in 2009, etc. 2009 though they said only one USA show the whole year. Then bam they do transformers 2 show and the Pomona epicenter show.