Alternate Versions Guide

Skipees

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing In the Middle has an explicit version. I don't know about the rest.

It was made by Astat:

I did an "uncensored edit" of Standing in the Middle a while back...the censorship on LPU 4.0 was done by just reversing the words they wanted to edit out, so it's pretty easy to "undo" it.

Only these five?

X-Ecutioner Style is censored (there are two different edits of it too, the album version reverses the two instances of "fuck," while the music video version replaces them with other sound effects).

Most officially-released live tracks from 2006 and earlier fall into this category. Wish and One Step Closer from LPU 4.0, all of Live in Texas/LPU 3, the live version of Step Up from the Somewhere I Belong single, Reading My Eyes from LPU 6...LPU 5.0 was "censored" as well, but at least some of that was the band/Jay-Z modifying song lyrics to be appropriate for the televised performance. The phrase "no passion" on Big Pimpin'/Papercut is also randomly censored/muted on the Collision Course DVD (the camera is right on Jay-Z when it happens and you can see him say the words), so I guess that counts.

The HTEP version of Step Up is also censored, which I don't believe anybody's ever pointed out before. In the second verse, right after Mike says "Top 40," there's an echo/backup vocal that says "fuck Top 40," with "fuck" muted out. Once you realize it's there from hearing Chester do it on the live version, it's totally obvious that they censored the studio version.

Edited by Astat

The HTEP version of Step Up is also censored, which I don't believe anybody's ever pointed out before. In the second verse, right after Mike says "Top 40," there's an echo/backup vocal that says "fuck Top 40," with "fuck" muted out. Once you realize it's there from hearing Chester do it on the live version, it's totally obvious that they censored the studio version.

Never noticed that with Step Up. Wow. You can definitely tell it's edited on both HTEP & SIB Single. I just listened to a performance of Step Up from 2002 and Chester yells ''fuck top 40'' clearly. Thanks for sharing that.

Just listened because of the post and wow I've never noticed that before either. I've been listening to this song since I was in 6th grade lol, well over 10 years, and I haven't even heard it.

Right before it, "with a tendency to make up stories" an echo in the background seems to say "bullshit". Most of it is censored but I have always thought that's what it says there. I haven't compared it to a live version though. When I rap the song when I'm listening to it myself I always say the bullshit part, haha.

I wonder why they don't censor "get your ass kicked" but censor "fuck" and maybe "bullshit".

I wonder why they don't censor "get your ass kicked" but censor "fuck" and maybe "bullshit".

I didn't notice both "bullshit" and "Fuck top 40" before. "Bullshit" is definitely not censored, he uses word "shit" too during the song. Well, "ass" and "shit" aren't that ugly words, as for example "fuck", and "fuck" is sex related while "ass" and "shit" is kind of more nasty or unpleasant.

Right before it, "with a tendency to make up stories" an echo in the background seems to say "bullshit". Most of it is censored but I have always thought that's what it says there. I haven't compared it to a live version though. When I rap the song when I'm listening to it myself I always say the bullshit part, haha.

2:05

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Final Masquerade music video version 5:01 : ext. intro(contains sound effects form the video) and outro

Shadow Of The Day music video version 4:16 : contains sound effects from the video

EDIT:

Castle Of Glass music video version 4:49 : longer and different intro than album version

Castle Of Glass album version 3:23

Not Alone music video version 4:22 Contains sound effects from the video

Not Alone album version 4:12

One Step Closer music video version 2:56 ext. intro(contains sound effects form the video)

Edited by TheDamian58C

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated and merged the "Singles Vs. Music Videos" thread into this one.

Added What I've Done Official Remix.

---

The Catalyst:

5:32 Medal Of Honor Soundtrack [Different intro] - What is the source of this version? the ending credits of the game?

Castle Of Glass:

2:47 Medal Of Honor Warfighter Ending Credits - Starts directly with Mike singing (without intro). Can someone find and describe the instrumental differences?

Updated and merged the "Singles Vs. Music Videos" thread into this one.

Added What I've Done Official Remix.

---

The Catalyst:

5:32 Medal Of Honor Soundtrack [Different intro] - What is the source of this version? the ending credits of the game?

Castle Of Glass:

2:47 Medal Of Honor Warfighter Ending Credits - Starts directly with Mike singing (without intro). Can someone find and describe the instrumental differences?

The Catalyst - Yep, 7:15 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6wTdulSHWE "Different intro" isn't exactly correct though, the intro just starts while the ending dialog is still going. It is an alternate/unfinished mix of the song though.

There's also a 4:20 edit of the above version of The Catalyst that appeared in the game trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtOVa1DZJ8

No idea what the source of Castle of Glass is. It's not even in the ending credits of the game...

Edited by Astat

Medal of Honor Warfighter ending credits:

0:05 - 2:52 or so is COG.

Ahh. Literally must have skipped right over it when I was skimming through the end credits before. Probably because it starts before the end of the last cutscene.