Alternate Versions Guide

Skipees

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found it:

any difference? :unsure:

Sounds like a crappy mix of the album version to me. There's a little drum "fill" before the chorus that isn't on the album version but I'm pretty sure that's just from the way they cut up the song. And there's a little echo thing on the last note of the song too.

I havent played it in awhile, but if my memory serves me right, What I've Done from Guitar Hero: World Tour has something extra. I believe Mike had an extra "na" at the end of the song and the outro piano went on for a bit longer. Remember I haven't played in awhile (2 years probably) so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

I havent played it in awhile, but if my memory serves me right, What I've Done from Guitar Hero: World Tour has something extra. I believe Mike had an extra "na" at the end of the song and the outro piano went on for a bit longer. Remember I haven't played in awhile (2 years probably) so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

Nah, that one's the same as the album version. There IS a version with an extra "na" from Mike at the end though, it's played during the credits of the Making of What I've Done on the MTM DVD.

Sounds like a crappy mix of the album version to me. There's a little drum "fill" before the chorus that isn't on the album version but I'm pretty sure that's just from the way they cut up the song. And there's a little echo thing on the last note of the song too.

Kinds of reminds me of the part of the making of Living Things when Mike starts Powerless on the computer for Rob. The little drum fill before the verse. Idk.

They didn't exactly have an aversion to profanity in their demos, particularly the HTEP/Xero stuff. Even if it was cut out of the demos at some point, why would they have bothered recording it again on the final studio version?

Yeah. I'm sure he at least tried it in the studio. Whether it made an APFMH demo or not is an entirely different debate. Perhaps it's on an early demo that we don't have, perhaps it's not. The same debate can be applied to With You and the "c'mon" at the beginning. Maybe that existed on a With You demo or maybe he just started doing that live and used that as the inspiration to have it on Wth>You off Reanimation. Who knows really haha.

Of course there are many versions of the songs that exist only in the LP archives, so the only person that really knows this information is Shinoda. Even though the motherfucker/motherfuck you (it really seems like he's done both at various points) on APFMH and "c'mon" on With You aren't on the Esaul and Dust Brothers demos that we have doesn't mean they never tried them on the songs in the studio at some point.

Yeah. I'm sure he at least tried it in the studio. Whether it made an APFMH demo or not is an entirely different debate. Perhaps it's on an early demo that we don't have, perhaps it's not. The same debate can be applied to With You and the "c'mon" at the beginning. Maybe that existed on a With You demo or maybe he just started doing that live and used that as the inspiration to have it on Wth>You off Reanimation. Who knows really haha.

Of course there are many versions of the songs that exist only in the LP archives, so the only person that really knows this information is Shinoda. Even though the motherfucker/motherfuck you (it really seems like he's done both at various points) on APFMH and "c'mon" on With You aren't on the Esaul and Dust Brothers demos that we have doesn't mean they never tried them on the songs in the studio at some point.

When did he do ''mother fuck you''? That sounds awesome!!

I also totally forgot about the Esaul rehearsal footage on Frat Party. No "motherfucker" in there either, and that's essentially a live performance.

The ending is also totally different, "motherfucker" doesn't even fit into this version.

I'm sure the "c'mon" was an inspiration for the reanimation remix. I think the "c'mon" part doesn't even fit to the studio version. It would ruin the intro imo. It works a lot better live to get the crowd hyped.

I also totally forgot about the Esaul rehearsal footage on Frat Party. No "motherfucker" in there either, and that's essentially a live performance.

That's true. Is it on every live APFMH performance starting with Orlando 2000? Or did he add it later?

The ending is also totally different, "motherfucker" doesn't even fit into this version.

I'm sure the "c'mon" was an inspiration for the reanimation remix. I think the "c'mon" part doesn't even fit to the studio version. It would ruin the intro imo. It works a lot better live to get the crowd hyped.

I still have no idea why when LP brought back With You for the 2012/2013 tour, Chester never did the scream at the beginning except for that one time in Warsaw, but it was hardly like the scream in previous years. It's one of my favorite parts of the LP set if they have With You in the set.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to the LA03 recording, it seems like he is taking advantage of screaming wherever possible. Of course that is 10 years ago and I don't expect him to do it today haha, but it's cool to listen to. That's one of the best shows I've heard from the band.

"You live what you LEAAAARN" near the end. And screams "pain" or something at the very end.

He doesn't scream live much like he used to. At least he does the What I've Done bridge scream, the one on The Catalyst and a few random ones. I wish he'd do the With You and From The Inside ones though. Good stuff for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Promo

1. The Catalyst (album version) 05:42

2. The Catalyst (radio version) 04:42

3. The Catalyst (radio version with intro/outro interview) 06:56

it's 7:29 not 6:56, and it's not "real" interview, it's more they talking about the song to play it when the song is on the radio.

thanks for the info ;)

added.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...