Alternate Versions Guide

Skipees

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you considering Amended (Clean) versions as alternative?

Then you should add all of them to the list.

not sure, so i can make separate section for them.

edit:

Songs Who Have Amended (Clean) Versions:

Numb/Encore

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Hands Held High

When They Come For Me

Blackout

i'll check later if there's more.

Edited by Skipees

I remember seeing a conversation where people were debating whether or not the line "MOTHERFUCKER" is on the last part of APFMH. That's clean if its true.

if it's "dirty" so we don't have "clean" version, if it's "clean" so we don't have "dirty" version. the bottom line, this song doesn't have Alternate Version. there's a few more censord songs, but i'm listing only songs that have Radio Edits/Alternate Versions as the title said. Edited by Skipees

I remember seeing a conversation where people were debating whether or not the line "MOTHERFUCKER" is on the last part of APFMH. That's clean if its true.

There has never been a studio version of APFMH where Chester screams motherfucker at the end. What do you mean? The live versions? It was edited out on Live In Texas, but that is the only one where it was edited I believe. The Docklands '01 performance from the Hybrid Theory Special Edition isn't edited.

not sure, so i can make separate section for them.

edit:

Numb/Encore

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Hands Held High

When They Come For Me

Blackout

i'll check later if there's more.

Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You

Big Pimpin'/Papercut

Jigga What/Faint

Numb/Encore

Izzo/In The End

Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Hands Held High

We Made It

When They Come For Me

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

Songs with only clean versions:

High Voltage (2000)

H! Vltg3

Dedicated

Standing In The Middle

You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta

Izzo/In The End

there's no clean version for this one, cause there's no coarse language in the lyrics.

also there's Given Up, Hands Held High, Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint from Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes.

Updated:

Dirt Off Your Shoulder-Lying From You

Big Pimpin'-Papercut

Jigga What-Faint

Numb-Encore

Points Of Authority-99 Problems-One Step Closer

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Hands Held High

Given Up (Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes Version)

Hands Held High (Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes Version)

Numb/Encore (Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes Version)

Jigga What/Faint (Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes Version)

We Made It

When They Come For Me

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

It's not in any of the demos, and none of those were censored...why would it have been in the album version?

It feels like there is a space for that word at the end of the song.

That's always something I wanted to ask at a M&G. Back then they obviously couldn't risk a Parental Adivsory. Maybe the same reason the demos didn't have it too. Even the oldest shows have the "motherfucker" at the end.

That's always something I wanted to ask at a M&G. Back then they obviously couldn't risk a Parental Adivsory. Maybe the same reason the demos didn't have it too. Even the oldest shows have the "motherfucker" at the end.

LP didn't want any swearing on their albums before (HT, Meteora). Then in about 2004, they stopped and didn't give a shit anymore. Which is awesome.

it seems funny now to think that the band left something off their CD with a view to only playing it live. these days it's the stuff they have on record that they refuse to play :lol:

it seems funny now to think that the band left something off their CD with a view to only playing it live. these days it's the stuff they have on record that they refuse to play :lol:

it's like every band in the world have *only live* song except Linkin Park.

They didn't exactly have an aversion to profanity in their demos, particularly the HTEP/Xero stuff. Even if it was cut out of the demos at some point, why would they have bothered recording it again on the final studio version?

i remember (and i'm pretty sure it was Djthemoney) shout in the shoutbox about little different in "Powerless" from the ending credits of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". i think it was something with the drums, but i can't hear any different. someone?

i remember (and i'm pretty sure it was Djthemoney) shout in the shoutbox about little different in "Powerless" from the ending credits of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". i think it was something with the drums, but i can't hear any different. someone?

Maybe an alternate mix like with Blackout on Fifa '11 or The Catalyst with MOH? Could be interesting!