24.02.2013 - Sydney, Australia - Soundwave

[AndOne]

On the 24th, Linkin Park plays Sydney, Australia for the first time since 2010, for their second Soundwave performance.

At the last show in Brisbane, the first Soundwave show, the band played a shorter version of Set A called "Festival Set A" by dropping 'LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent' and 'The Catalyst' due to the 75 minutes time frame for their festival performance. Technical difficulties forced the band to drop 'CASTLE OF GLASS' as well. This was the second show of this Australia & New Zealand tour opening with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint' and the third show in 2013 opening with it.

Will the band play Set A again or will they premiere a shorter version of Set B with 'A Place For My Head' opening? 'A Place For My Head' wasn't played in its entirety in Australia since 2003, and since then it was only played partial over the 'Bleed It Out' bridge in 2010.

Up next is the first Sideways show also in Sydney on the 26th. The next Soundwave show comes on March 1st in Melbourne. The rest of the 2013 tour dates can be found here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. LIES GREED MISERY

07. Points Of Authority (Aborted halfway through due to injured fan)

08. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

09. Breaking The Habit

10. CASTLE OF GLASS

11. LOST IN THE ECHO

12. In The End

13. Numb

14. What I've Done

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. Bleed It Out

17. Faint (Ext. Outro)

18. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Setlist picture thanks to LPL member kurtis912. Show review from Pez.

- 'Points Of Authority' stopped half way through due to Chester noticing an injured fan in the crowd. He wanted to restart the song but the band moved on to 'Waiting For The End'.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they were planning to play something (maybe the Medley?) but couldn't because of the keyboard issues they had?

EDIT: apparently there are some problems with the gear coming in.

Sum 41 and Billy Talent's sets have been extended, then will come Cypress Hill and Garbage. Paramore will go on after The Offspring.

Edited by Soul

Will the band play Set A again or will they premiere a shorter version of Set B with 'A Place For My Head' opening? 'A Place For My Head' wasn't played in it's entirety since 2003, and since then it was only played partial over the 'Bleed It Out' bridge in 2010.

I can't understand this...

Maybe because is late here and i'm tired but, APFMH was played entirely in 2012 in several shows.

If this show is as great as they say it is im looking forward to the sidewave show the bands doing on wednesday in melbourne and ill be there in person rocking my sox out lol

On another note 2 things came out of a fan getting injured, he was able to give the band the thumbs up (after points was stopped prob coz he was crushed or something) and im glad hes ok coz no one wants to see someone get hurt or killed, and also goes to show how passionate aussies are about linkin park (even if there are those there waiting for metallica and that they need to be careful for others, particularly in the pits during the heavy songs).

Anyway fingers crossed they play 'a place for my head' in melbourne or maybe IF they debut 'ill be gone' or 'powerless' coz ill be going bonkers ;)

Yeah was in the front row, they stopped points cos a guy had fallen over and was badly hurt and chester, halfway thru singing, stopped the band and got the medics to get a stretcher for him.

was really great of him.. but i only got half of points ;(

band was sensational tongiht, APFMH took me by surprise and the set had everyone jumping up and down.. that went way too fast for me :(

i guess its easy to say from here to fuck some songs off and change the setlists up and whatnot.. but having not seen them in like 2.5 years, and being in that energetic crowd, it really didnt matter what they played.. cos it was still so fucking awesome.

Bleed it out had an extended bridge (no song was covered) and extended outro :)

Ill do a show recap tomorrow. I've had an beyond amazing day and are so fricken tired right now haha. Also there's was some technical difficulties this show too but nothing major like Brisbane.

More tomorrow (well later today technically!)

whoa a lot of coments about the show, but still no accurate setlist?

On the showpage the setlist is confirmed:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. LIES GREED MISERY

07. Points Of Authority (stopped)

08. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

09. Breaking The Habit

10. CASTLE OF GLASS

11. LOST IN THE ECHO

12. In The End

13. Numb

14. What I've Done

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge)

17. Faint (Ext. Outro)

18. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

whoa... now apfmh, with you, points of authority and lies greed misery are the only non-single songs in the setlist O_O. xD i think that's a record...

well, we could argue taht poa was a radio single for frat party so... that narrows the list even more.

Edited by linkin_boss

Why in the fuck would LP drop something as epic as Victimized/Qwerty? Are they out of their minds?

VICTIMIZED didn't go down too well at Brisbane. I mean, no one scoffed at it but it seemed like no one knew it either. My guess is that's why it was dropped. Don't think it was even on the set list to begin with for the Sydney Soundwave show.

VICTIMIZED didn't go down too well at Brisbane. I mean, no one scoffed at it but it seemed like no one knew it either. My guess is that's why it was dropped. Don't think it was even on the set list to begin with for the Sydney Soundwave show.

No it wasn't on the setlist Mike. I managed to harass Maurice enough to get one along with a guitar pick and lp edition sharpie!

Teeeted the pic to lplive and hahninator so hopefully he puts it up soon