24.02.2013 - Sydney, Australia - Soundwave

[AndOne]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't on the setlist Mike. I managed to harass Maurice enough to get one along with a guitar pick and lp edition sharpie!

Teeeted the pic to lplive and hahninator so hopefully he puts it up soon

Thanks so much Kurtis! I updated the main post, and Mark will come clean it up when he can. :)

It's weird that they dropped Victimized/QWERTY. Maybe it was like Pez said, people just didn't react to it. Even in Vegas a lot of people didn't seem to know Mike's part of Victimized.

This is still a badass setlist. I don't think dropping V/Q hurt it.

Here's the picture

Posted Image

What drama filled day. Brisbane went like a breeze compared to this Sydney show.

Well as I said in the shout box about 24 hours ago. Two of the sixty trucks carrying bands gear was caught in the floods. One truck Paramore's and the other Garbage's. This resulted in Garbage's set being canned (apparently they were offered a new set time but refused) and Paramore closing Stage 2 after Offspring (which worked out well cos I wanted to see them but they class with LP a little every show).

Then there was two, maybe three flares lit during the show which one has caused injury to a girl. One was lit during the bring me the horizon set and other during Metallica. Its all over the news here atm.

Last Linkin Park played one fucking killer show. And Im glad because this is the show Channel [V] has recorded for their Soundwave special so we WILL get proshot of this performance (not sure how much though). Also, after seeing these guys for the first time in 2007, the one song I was dying to hear was APFMH and BANG there she was! Mike had keyboard difficulties at the start of New Divide which caused a brief pause in the set. Then of course someone was injured in the pit which Chester noticed and stopped the rest of the band straight away. The guys got huge respect from the crowd. After about 5 minutes they got the go ahead and got on with the show bringing it home. Mike also gave Australia a big thank you for being down with the band since they first came out as well a Chester saying how great it was to be on tour with these great bands as well as being back on the road with Metallica.

I also forgot the add I was one of about 13 in the meet and greet. It was pretty delayed because the boys were running late from a Channel V interview. And for everyone wondering, no I didnt ask to play again, and no I wont be asking haha.

All in all it was a controversial but amazing gig. Next stop, Sydney Sidewave.

I also forgot the add I was one of about 13 in the meet and greet. It was pretty delayed because the boys were running late from a Channel V interview. And for everyone wondering, no I didnt ask to play again, and no I wont be asking haha

Did the guys remember who you were? :lol:

Did the guys remember who you were? :lol:

A Phoenix and Chester remembered. Chester actually shook my hand saying "You were awesome, thanks for not fucking up" Mike looked at the picture then looked at me and recognized but didn't say anything haha.

it is confirmed we won't get any nz/aus DSPs?

Well the DSP site hasn't been updated at all so I don't really know. Vegas doesn't seem to be getting one because of what Pooch and Sean said on Twitter. I would hope so but it's possible they won't do them....I guess it's all up in the air right now. I haven't heard anything about DSPs for NZ/Australia sadly.

That's great they changed the setlist - they should keep this set for the other Soundwave shows. Watch the crowd on TINFOIL/Faint in Brisbane versus the crowd on APFMH in Sydney. Yep. Sucks they couldn't restart Points as Chester had riled the whole place up for it lol. Should have dropped WFTE or something and replayed POA.

Glad they changed it though. Sorry for the lack of updates on these shows...I was seeing Muse. Should be good to go for the rest of the tour now.

Man i was watching videos from other bands, also pictures for the Sydney date and OMG!, Linkin Park can't play WFTE!, is not for this kind of Festivals, they need to drop some bloody songs for those crazy fans!...

I mean, Slayer and Metallica are playing out there! They have to drop WFTE, i love the song, but not sure if the people will be happy with that song.

The good news is that the crowd is exploding for APFMH and POA lol. People like what they see. LP won't drop the slow stuff for these shows. So many singles in these setlists but at least some great non-singles are surviving.

Is it just me or was the Sydney Set B shorter than the Brisbane Set A? Are they the same time-length? One is 20 songs, one is 18 but the 18 had several more songs dropped from it than the 20 (A). Hmm.

The good news is that the crowd is exploding for APFMH and POA lol. People like what they see. LP won't drop the slow stuff for these shows. So many singles in these setlists but at least some great non-singles are surviving.

Is it just me or was the Sydney Set B shorter than the Brisbane Set A? Are they the same time-length? One is 20 songs, one is 18 but the 18 had several more songs dropped from it than the 20 (A). Hmm.

Yes, you are right, is weird because they didn't dropped Vicitmized/QWERTY, so if the show didn't stopped in POA would be more short than Brisbane. Like 5 minutes or more.

Yeah no complaints here about the set. I think LP got it spot on, it was a mixed crowd of people, so they needed a mixed set.

Bit sad PoA didn't get finished but it's a festival so they get limited time to perform, understandable. In regards to the length, most bands sets were delayed and/or shortened due to the floods and such, so maybe LP chose a shorter set for that reason.

As for the Channel V pro shots, yes they shot it but it's not a guarantee we'll see it soon/ever. Sometimes they hang on to footage for ages until they can do a relevant special. As for DSP's, I sincerely hope we get them but if not, at least there is a fan recording of the Sydney SW13 show..

Couldn't have said it better myself. LGM is terrible live. Easily the worst live song I've ever seen them perform.

Same. Didn't enjoy seeing it this summer live. I also think out of all LP's touring history, it's tied with Hit The Floor.

Until Chester can scream the entire last verse keep the shit away from me

yeah, it needs to sound more like the studio version to be any good. it needs the agression.

I'm pretty surprised they dropped V/Q, but festival crowds are festival crowds :P good to hear there's been alot of love for APFMH, I'm hoping that that track stays on in the rotation after the LT-era

yeah, it needs to sound more like the studio version to be any good. it needs the agression.

I'm pretty surprised they dropped V/Q, but festival crowds are festival crowds :P good to hear there's been alot of love for APFMH, I'm hoping that that track stays on in the rotation after the LT-era

I think LGM would be really good live if Chester actually screamed the last chorus instead of sang it. That just ruins the entire song for me that he doesn't do it.

Well the DSP site hasn't been updated at all so I don't really know. Vegas doesn't seem to be getting one because of what Pooch and Sean said on Twitter. I would hope so but it's possible they won't do them....I guess it's all up in the air right now. I haven't heard anything about DSPs for NZ/Australia sadly.

hopefully they will update download site soon...it always takes some time :) Really need to hear COG in dsp quality