The moment you realized you were obsessed

ChuckCheese

It was around late 2003 or early 2004 maybe. I had become a LP fan in 2003, bought Meteora and loved it. I joined the LPU in 2003 or early 2004 when LPU3 was out, can't remember the actual day but I know LPU 3 was when I joined. Got my package in the mail and loved it. I got really obsessed soon after that. After that everything was LP.

Edited by Geki

• 3 weeks later...

I heard Numb on Youtube in 06. I few days later I heard Faint, and then I started to look up all the different videos. It was actually pretty quick for me. I got Hybrid Theory and Meteora and put them on my old mp3 and then joined the countdown for Minutes to Midnight.

It wasn't until after my first show that I started to join the online community. I thought I could have gotten pit seats in the regular sale lol

2009/2010

a result of my quest to find a recording of Sonisphere UK '09. I just kept on picking up bits and pieces on my way, it just all kind of built up.

I'd say I got hooked on the music in 2009, but I got hooked on the band in 2010. I'm terrified of counting how many LP songs I have on my iTunes :lol:

their music means a ton to me

proof? woke up in the tent at Sonisphere, the day LP were due to play. this was my first time seeing any big bands live - particularly one that I'd been so captivated by. I wandered out of the tent, took a look over at the arena and I actually vomited out of sheer "fucking hell, I'm so damn pumped!". nerves, adrenaline, excitement - proper "imma take you by surprise", body-jerk, you-can't-get-your-hand-to-your-mouth-to-stop-it-fast-enough vomit...

I have every DSP released, every bootleg there is to find, LPU cd's, demo's, and pretty much everything I could find.

I have pretty much all of that except for about 10 DSP's and I don't have all the bootlegs. I have a lot of them but definitely not all. I'd like to have them all. But it would be extremely hard to obtain all of them.

Hmm... Hard to say. When I was in the 8th grade I was stupid enough to only listen to singles. I don't think I heard the full album for another two years, but I would listen to One Step Closer, Crawling, Numb and Faint non-stop. I think it was around finally listening to MTM all the way through I became particularly obsessed. The first three albums were in consistent rotation all through 2009 for me. I'm not entirely sure I remember listening to anything else. :/

• 1 month later...

May, 2008.

I listened to "We Made It" for the 1st time. And I just loved it. From the first several seconds. And may be because of Mike, cuz I have a very weird taste of men, in general. Guys like him, and also William Jason Reso (Christian from WWE) - they look soooo much alike. The difference between them is that Christian is blonde. Whatever. I love the band not only because of Mike. They have their own style and I don't give a shit what people say about them (that they have comersialized their style).

And still - they are my biggest obsession. <3

I listen to lp since 2001, but got obsessed when:

- When i waked up 1 hour before go to school at 5am to post news on fan sites.

- when i changed my lunch and dinner time for posting news.

- when i stood for 15 hours on the pc to find bootleg sources.

- when i've downloaded more than 1 TB of LP shows. (And i still keep downloading)

- When everyone on my university / city / state / country (LOL) knows that i love them.

And finally, when my girlfriend said: If you go to their show this year, we will broke up! So i went :)

I listened to "In the end" in early 2008,I really liked the song,so I requested my friend to give me some more songs,he gave me "numb","crawling","papercut" & I kept listening to them(because I didn't have an internet connection)till "new divide's release.I was like,this band is very awesome man.He gave me some clips of RAR 2004,& I was like,watching them everytime.then one day,my friend came & said,they broke up,band is no more,I felt very sad,became very sad,asked my czn to check it on internet,if it's real,he replied,band is still there,it's a pathetic joke.I went to my friend,insulted him,& he started laughing at me.in 2010,I got my internet connection,in 2011,started using lplive ,as I didn't know,it's a community too.later on,in 2012,I got a gift from lp crew for so much love I shared w/ Music for relief,it was the best gift ever for me.I became so happy,tears came out of my eyes,my friends make fun of of LP to make me angry,I love the band & I pray for their long lives