08.12.2012 - Universal City, CA - KROQ A.A.C.

hahninator

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have something to discuss: COG notes aay that it is the video game awards version whats the difference from the album version?

Chester said they were planning to do something special with that song... The VGA version is probably just the studio version..

I have no words right now. None. No My December. No OSC. No IMR. No WY. No POA. Nothing over BIO bridge. WTF. Only thing remotely interesting about this set is COG & LITE opener.

EDIT: LOL just realized on the setilst "WHAVE I'VE DONE"

Edited by Soul

It's not the best setlist LP have ever played but at this point I'm most interested in hearing the newer songs live, so in that sense it was a good show. Lost in the Echo, Castle, Burn It Down, Lies & a verse from UIB are good enough for me. Anxious to see the webcast tomorrow!

Well the only times I've complained about a setlist in 2012 was when that first setlist of the year had Numb in the encore (they took it out at the Jones Beach I saw, ha, and added Lying From You. epic) and then again in Mansfield when the "Set A" had Blackout and Runaway dropped and no sign of From The Inside anywhere in the USA (not that big of a deal but Blackout and Runaway would have been cool).

But this is easily the worst set of 2012, lol. Not a fan. Really wondering why it was so short.... But we'll go ahead and call the 14 songs they picked pretty weak. 14 songs versus 19 (we'll call it 18 without Wake) in 2007....hmm. Maybe KROQ put a time limit on them? It just confuses me why they always want to play singles - you'd think they'd get so tired of playing live shows with how many singles they play every show. Like Numb has been at every single LP show since 2003 - I mean damn that's 10 years for that song coming up in 2013, lol.

LITE opening, alright, guess we could have predicted that for 2013. After Given Up the set really spirals downward though, haha. LGM live is pretty weak, and after that there are 9 songs out of the 10 left that are singles. COG is great, I'm glad they're playing that live though.

Not hating on anything but at least to me this is a very sleepy setlist and I'd get bored pretty quickly with it. Glad to see at least Bleed It Out had something planned to be over it. Cool set for the show would have been LITE, Faint, Papercut, WTCFM, Points, With You, From The Inside, IMR, COG, BTH, BID (since it is from the new CD and needs to be played I guess), BIO (Sabotage bridge), APFMH, OSC. Sounds good. I just get tired of all the singles and find the fun in the non-singles.

EDIT: I have no idea how the thread got locked, I really apologize lol

I just get tired of all the singles and find the fun in the non-singles.

Me too. It sucks being a hardcore fan when it comes to setlists. They should just call them "Hitlists." Obviously LP's shows are tailored to the casual fan that they hope to convert to a regular, paying customer. I wish LP would do a 50/50 mix of singles and fan favorites, but they seem pretty stuck in their ways.

Being able to download & listen to every show doesn't help the burn-out factor, either. I'd probably like "Numb" alot more if I had not heard it 500 times on my iPod while listening to new shows over the years.

Me too. It sucks being a hardcore fan when it comes to setlists. They should just call them "Hitlists." Obviously LP's shows are tailored to the casual fan that they hope to convert to a regular, paying customer. I wish LP would do a 50/50 mix of singles and fan favorites, but they seem pretty stuck in their ways.

Being able to download & listen to every show doesn't help the burn-out factor, either. I'd probably like "Numb" alot more if I had not heard it 500 times on my iPod while listening to new shows over the years.

Yeah for real. At least they try and give us a few songs, I mean it could be worse lol. There could really be zero non-singles and they only play new songs + singles like they did a few years ago.

I'm very thankful for A Place For My Head (easily the most fan favorite live non-single song that LP has), With You this year, at least they played Runaway and Blackout in Europe, they brought back Points, etc. Phew.

Oh and:

anyone else notice the words "w/ Sabotage bridge [to be retired]" under the scribbles on those setlists (most noticable on Brandon's picture)

I guess Bleed It Out is going to get a revamp by the time we get to Soundwave.

I hope they'll keep APFMH and Papercut out of the BIO bridge, and maybe debut something new in there

Check this shit out.

Nobody knows how to crowd surf in 2012 (soon to be 2013) anymore :(

But i could see a Roads.U Piano Intro w/ dual vocals from Mike & Chester. This intro would then go into Powerless. Plus, a Skin To Bone Bridge MIGHT work out for BIO, unless they decide to play the full song and have it go right into UIB. Now i cant wait until the next tour !!

REVISED SETLIST:

• LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Papercut
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • New Divide
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' rap; Ext. Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • CASTLE OF GLASS
  • Numb (Piano Transition Outro w/ 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman)
  • What I've Done
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- Mike and Chester did not sing their parts of the lyrics to 'Numb/Encore' over the outro of 'Numb'. Instead, Mike played a short rendition of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman' that transitioned into 'What I've Done'.

- 'Bleed It Out' did not feature any song over the bridge. Mike went into the crowd encouraging the crowd to sing with Chester. 'Sabotage' was originally planned to be played but was dropped last minute.

Other Notes:

- Sixth time playing at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas.

Debuts:

- First time 'LOST IN THE ECHO' opened a show.

Edited by Soul