08.12.2012 - Universal City, CA - KROQ A.A.C.

hahninator

On the 8th, Linkin Park plays the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in Universal City, CA at the Gibson Amphitheatre.

LP first played the KROQ AAC show in 2000 (show page here), their first year of big national touring, where they debuted 'My December' for the first time live. How about 'My December' and 'A Place For My Head' to open a show? Cool, eh? In 2001 they played two shows on the 8th (show page here) and the 9th (show page here). 'My December' was played at both of those shows, but at the second show they performed four songs acoustically, including 'Crawling' with Aaron Lewis!

In 2003 they returned to the AAC show (show page here) with a pretty solid setlist that included 'It's Goin' Down'. Due to this show being webcasted, this was the first time that online LP fans had the chance to hear 'Breaking The Habit' live for the first time. It wasn't until 2007 that Linkin Park played Almost Acoustic Christmas again (show page here), but they made a statement with their return. 'My December' again was played for the first time in over a year, the U.C.L.A. BRUIN marching band joined them on stage, and 'Hands Held High' featured a children's choir as well. Wow!

This will be the band's sixth show at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show since 2000.

'CASTLE OF GLASS' debuted on the 7th in Culver City, CA, so it is very likely that it will be included in the setlist for this show. Where do you think it will fall in the set? Do you think the band will bring back 'My December' at this show? It has not been played in over four and a half years - the last performance was in Las Vegas, NV in March 2008 (show page here). What else do you think that LP could do? Any other surprises? What song do you think they will drop for 'CASTLE OF GLASS'? Or will any other songs from 'LIVING THINGS' be debuted at this show?

Night one at KROQ AAC includes a pretty solid lineup, with Rise Against, Bush, Garbage, Slightly Stoopid, AWOLNATION, The Lumineers, Walk The Moon, The Gaslight Anthem, Two Door Cinema Club, Youngblood Hawke rounding out the bill. Wow!

According to the KROQ website, the show will NOT be webcasted live as it has been in past years. Instead, the Linkin Park performance will be shown at 10:00am on Monday, December 10th. Maybe this will allow the audio to be improved....it's no secret that the audio portion of the past KROQ LP webcasts has been pretty bad.

Is anyone from LPLive headed to this show?

This is the LAST show for Linkin Park in 2012! What an awesome year it has been! For a full recap on tours this year including setlists and more, click here.

SETLIST:

01. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. New Divide

06. LIES GREED MISERY

07. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' rap; Ext. Outro)

08. Breaking The Habit

09. CASTLE OF GLASS

10. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike/Chester))

11. What I"ve Done

12. BURN IT DOWN

13. In The End

14. Bleed It Out (Ext. Outro) (Nothing over bridge)

First time 'LOST IN THE ECHO' opens, and nothing over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'.

Setlist pictures here and here.

WEBCAST LINK

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MarsEchelon888 I never tell details about any bands performance until after they perform! I'll tell you in a few hours. Have fun!!

I asked him if he could tell us the setlist after the show. Looks like we'll be getting it later tonight :)

hey guys! I'll be at the show tonight. if I can get good reception in the venue ill live tweet the setlist @brandon_288

I'll do my best to save my battery for this. I don't want everyone waiting til Monday to get the set. :)

YES! Thanks man :)

From official band Facebook

"Tonight we’re playing at KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas. If you want to watch our full performance, the entire show will be streamed Monday beginning at 10am PT/1pm ET on KROQ.com."

what's time LP show will be webcasted in Italy?

We can watch the webcast outside the US?

Edited by stich

No LPL Members on the Show?

one so far -

hey guys! I'll be at the show tonight. if I can get good reception in the venue ill live tweet the setlist @brandon_288

I'll do my best to save my battery for this. I don't want everyone waiting til Monday to get the set. :)

No LPL Members on the Show?

Anyone know what time LP goes on?

Edited by Soul

I will try to talk with Pooch or Sean too. Is not easy but, maybe we can get some sweet information.

I think we shouldn't be harassing people over twitter...

we know it's going to be broadcast so there's no harm in waiting until then