'Castle Of Glass' Music Video

itworkedforkurt

really liked this. the effects were brilliant and the whole sort of, motion of the video worked so to speak - Mike being in the room with all the broken glass was a cool transition from story into song.

didn't like the child actor though, kids trying to look sad never works but I guess it was part of the story to have him younger - wouldn't be as hard-hitting with a teenager or an adult.

and yeah, the game footage didn't work at all. i really don't like music videos where there's all this obvious clunky stuff from whatever movie/game/drinks company the band's involved in.

Chester's hand closing at the end was a bit cheesy.

liked the arrangement though, kept the pace low until it needed to kick in. I can see why the album version is as it is, but this was a nice way of mixing it up for a different purpose.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are focusing too much on political implications of the video that they're projecting onto it. The video's about a kid who loses his father in war. Kid wants to honor his dad, so he himself joins. It's a poetic thing to then have that kid as an adult deliver the same message that was delivered to him all those years ago.

It's not a "join the army motherfuckers" video. It's not pro-war. It depicted the tragedy that war can inflict on a family, that's it. The message, I think, got a little blurry towards the end.

And of course the MOH game footage was completely classless and clunky as shit. But that's what happens when you partner with a video game company for promotion.

I liked the video, a lot. Better to have some semblance of story than to throw together a performance video with dumb effects like with BID.

You are right there about the poetic part but still it seems very american to me cause it's something I can't relate to since I don't live in a country where it's normal to go to war all the time.

I don't want to start a political debate here if war is wrong or right. I just don't like this theme of the video.

The way they sneaked in the MOH footage is really bad.

yeah,stop talking about politics,I was also talking about it,it's not about joining army,fight with taliban.we all know what is reality ,about video,it's about a soldier's family,that's it,what happens after his death,I took it as soldier of every country,not just american soldier

Edited by sohail abbasi

The fact that within the first 30 seconds of the video, my emotions were already on edge. Thats how I know this is a badass touching video.

Also shows a friend of mine who is very touch and go with music, its hard to get her to like something. She loves the video, I call win.

maybe it's rather about that war is causing an endless circle of pain, and by fighting for your country or whatever, you can cause more pain blabla

Exactly how I felt. I think the person who went 3-paragraph spastic at the video earlier might have missed this. It wasn't condoning war at all... simply making the comment that it can be a vicious cycle - representing that in the most plain and simple way.

Amazing video. Watched it several times before work, loaded the 1080p version onto my iPhone and took it with me :)

Showed this to a few people last night - all positive reactions. My mum actually said 'it would have made a good movie' (I didn't tell her it was a tie-in with the game). Seemed to get a few positive reactions on my FB wall too.