The song that got you into LP

lgr

Ok, I was around 13 years old.. Summer of 2006 and I went to camp. There was a guy that had an iPod (it was a huge deal back then) and had some amv videos in it.

And one of his videos was

I was hooked with the song immediately. When I went home, 3 weeks later I ran at an internet cafe (didn't have internet back then at my house.. yeah 13-year olds without access to internet.. good times) and downloaded their whole discography.. Yeah, the whole 2 albums.. That was it.. 6 years later here I am..

Papercut.. i just broke up with my first boyfriend.. this came on as "new song" from linkin park- like literally 4 hours after i got home.. just sitting there and once I heard Mike's Voice, That was it.. they hooked me from the start..

Edited by LP Mermaid

I wasn't really much of a listener of music but my friend showed me 'Numb' and 'Breaking The Habit' and I thought they were pretty cool songs.

In 2007 I bought an iPod but had no idea what to put on it (lol). I searched Linkin Park, found MTM, downloaded it, ended up becoming hooked on 'Valentine's Day' and then I went and got all the albums.

Hated HT and Meteora at first but one day everything just clicked!

Edited by LinkinMark

Phew, well, I got into Linkin Park back in 2001. It was 'Crawling' that caught my interest. I'd always catch the music video on MTV back then an thought the song was different than all the other stuff on there... I always found myself "rapping" along with Mike Shinoda's part. After awhile, the 'In The End' music video was on all the time, and at that point it was settled... I'll never forget stealing my sister's Hybrid Theory CD (I was too young at the time to buy my own) and listening to songs like With You, Runaway, By Myself, Crawling, and In The End all weekend while she was out with her friends.

It's amazing how much times change, I didn't know what torrents/P2P programs/MP3's were back then. I treasured the time I got to listen to Linkin Park those days.

I actually remember not liking Papercut or Pushing Me Away too much at first, which is weird to me now, lol. Good times.

Edited by BlacK0uT

In The End. Around late 2007-early 2008 my friend started listening to LP and told me about them. I had heard of them, but didn't really know their music. I remember vaguely recognizing In The End and maybe a couple others, but I instantly became hooked on ITE and LOVED it, especially the bridge and ending. I slowly started to like more and more of their songs and today they're my favorite band and I'm a much bigger fan than my friend is lol.

Nobody's Listening, stole my cousins mp3 player for a bit in 05 while we were at the beach, the song was on and literally the moment I heard it I knew that this was going to be my favorite band in the world. The vocal interplay between Mike and Chester just struck something in my heart. Very corny I know but it really was like that, I never forgot that day, even if I forgot the date itself.

Edited by Stone44

I remember hearing In The End back in 2000/2001 thinking.... THAT song is awesome.

But as with everything else, when you're only 10 years old, you can't have anything you want - so I kind of let it go back then.

Then about the time Meteora dropped I finally got myself a TV, and I remember the Somewhere I Belong video being on some music program kinda often. I liked the video with all the fire and giant creatures etc. I guess that was what got me into LP.

About that time I also got an MP3 player, and I remember loading it with Meteora and a lot of HT songs also, I was STOKED :)

I heard In the End on a YouTube video, and Chester's voice and the hooks just captivated me in a way music never had before. I kept going back to watch that video again and again just for the song, 'til I found out what it was and delved into the Linkin Park catalogue (they'd just released MTM).

Linkin Park were the first band that got me really into music, before that I appreciated certain bands but LP were the first one I LOVED. Even if my love for their music fades one day, they'll always be a special band to me. Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever bought, and remains in my Top 5 to this day.

Edited by Ducko

A combination of SIB and Faint back in 2003. I guess SIB did the most. I saw the music video on Fuse back in 2003 and then heard Faint and bought Meteora. It was the first album I ever owned.

Edited by Geki

ok I'll go into more detail, my description was pretty short.

a friend had been at the RtR show and forced me to watch the DVD (I'd been taking the piss for their liking LP - I know, I know...) and that funny drum beat and the outro vocals got me hooked.

that summer we were due to go to Sonisphere and I bought myself a copy of RtR to amp myself up about the show, when I found my friend in the crowd on the Video. spooky moment, we had a massive freak out about it when we next met up after our respective holidays. that DVD's pretty special to me.

we don't speak anymore. and these days, I'm not too fussed...

just edited to topic title too, #ALLCAPSEVERYTHING

It was sometime in 2001 - heard One Step Closer on the radio - the song reminded me of my angst against my step mom ( I was only 13 at the time mind you ). Since then its been nothing but insanity.

With You (and there were probably also Breaking The Habit.)

In 2006, when I was watching some Flash videos in Newgrounds.com, I just saw a video about "Sonic the Hedgehog".

And the background music is With You from Linkin Park.

Before that, I just listened to Fort Minor, and knew Linkin Park, lol.

In 2007, I just heard "What I've Done" in a combination album and Transformers, the movie.

In 2009, in a coincidence chance, I just heard some songs from Collision Course and other else from LP, and I loved LP after that.

Edited by franktaiwan

Dunno exactly... must be ITE or SIB.

I heard my brother playing one of these two songs in his room trough closed doors back in 2004 I guess ^^ So I went into his room and I was overwhelmed when I heard the clear song. A few days later we watched Live in Texas together. And since then I'm into LP