The song that got you into LP

lgr

there's no particular song that got me into LP, (i've only listen to In The End and Somewhere I Belong around 2002/2003 and I tough since the're pretty similar that the band would gone in a couple of years) but after hearing What I've Done I changed my mind about them, so I hear RtR in Full and I like EVERY song of the records;

so I'm download the whole discography and never stopped listening to it!!

LP fan (2008-FOREVER)!!!

Edited by stich

It was a combination of both One Step Closer and In The End. I remember seeing the music video for OSC on MTV back around the time Hybrid Theory came out and was crept out by the video's cinematography and Mike and Chester's red and blone hair. I didn't know who the band was and at the time, being twelve, i was more into the mainstream Rap and Pop music from that time so I didn't really care for the song.

Several months later, my friend told me about this band called Linkin Park and kept obsessing over their album. I told him I'd check them out and but never did. That was until I saw the band appear on TRL the day after their performance on the 2001 MTV VMA's where they premiered the video for ITE. Right there and then, I became an instant fan. I remember not soon after I saw a TV spot for Hybrid Theory featuring video clips from the OSC video and realized the same band I once didn't care for was now the band I adored.

I kept wanting to buy the album, but both my parents were forcing me to wait to until Christmas..which was still three months away. During those months, I remember having the radio set to 99.5 everyday and waited impatiently for ITE to come on. Once Christmas time came around, all I cared to get was a Playstation 2 and Hybrid Theory. I also remember during the lead up to that year's Christmas, my stepsister grew a liking for the band and requested the album for a gift as well. To my disliking, she ended up getting the album before I did. In fact, it was one of the first gifts she opened. I as bumbed I didn't get the PS2, but when i unwrapped a 5'5"/5' cd that was Hybrid Theory, my spirits were lifted.

I played that album day and night for as long as I can remember up until Meteora arrived. It was because of that album I transitioned from being a Rap/Pop fan to a Rock/Metal fan. Looking back on it now, it's kind of funny. Because now that friend that got me into the band is now more into the mainstream rap/pop music.

Edited by FORTsunrise

It was a combination of both One Step Closer and In The End. I remember seeing the music video for OSC on MTV back around the time Hybrid Theory came out and was crept out by the video's cinematography and Mike and Chester's red and blone hair. I didn't know who the band was and at the time, being twelve, i was more into the mainstream Rap and Pop music from that time so I didn't really care for the song.

Several months later, my friend told me about this band called Linkin Park and kept obsessing over their album. I told him I'd check them out and but never did. That was until I saw the band appear on TRL the day after their performance on the 2001 MTV VMA's where they premiered the video for ITE. Right there and then, I became an instant fan. I remember not soon after I saw a TV spot for Hybrid Theory featuring video clips from the OSC video and realized the same band I once didn't care for was now the band I adored.

I kept wanting to buy the album, but both my parents were forcing me to wait to until Christmas..which was still three months away. During those months, I remember having the radio set to 99.5 everyday and waited impatiently for ITE to come on. Once Christmas time came around, all I cared to get was a Playstation 2 and Hybrid Theory. I also remember during the lead up to that year's Christmas, my stepsister grew a liking for the band and requested the album for a gift as well. To my disliking, she ended up getting the album before I did. In fact, it was one of the first gifts she opened. I as bumbed I didn't get the PS2, but when i unwrapped a 5'5"/5' cd that was Hybrid Theory, my spirits were lifted.

I played that album day and night for as long as I can remember up until Meteora arrived. It was because of that album I transitioned from being a Rap/Pop fan to a Rock/Metal fan. Looking back on it now, it's kind of funny. Because now that friend that got me into the band is now more into the mainstream rap/pop music.

I remember the VMAs that year. Was surprised they did OSC, figured ITE was a better fit for MTV at the time, but I'm glad they did.