European Tour 2012 DSPs

LPU90

It's greedy of the band to make people buy the DSP now. Back in 2007/2008, it was perfectly acceptable to freely upload and trade DSP's online, Mike said so himself. Than for some reason, Warner had to make that no longer acceptable. Why? It's a fucking live show. It's not an official album. I have never met anyone outside of hardcore LP fan's that would want to listen to live LP shows.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's greedy of the band to make people buy the DSP now. Back in 2007/2008, it was perfectly acceptable to freely upload and trade DSP's online, Mike said so himself. Than for some reason, Warner had to make that no longer acceptable. Why? It's a fucking live show. It's not an official album. I have never met anyone outside of hardcore LP fan's that would want to listen to live LP shows.

Because somehow the people who mix them, the people who host them online and the band has to pay the bills. It makes perfect sense to me. It's just how the band & label pick the money back up.

Because somehow the people who mix them, the people who host them online and the band has to pay the bills. It makes perfect sense to me. It's just how the band & label pick the money back up.

Why were they free back in 2007/2008 to share then??

If I can buy I don't need to ask here

and If I ask here is because I CAN'T buy

???TO HARD TO UNDERSTAND???

So, ignoring Graham and Serg; anyone could put this up?

waiting for the thing to be uploaded and downloading when/if it turns it is different to sitting here and endlessly requesting something. And being rude to other members and moderators is not acceptable

the bottom line is -

1. just because rules don't suit you does not mean you don't have to abide by them, and on that note...

2. if you can't follow rules, you don't deserve to be on the site, and, on that note...

3. check your PM

Trying using that one in court... "Mike said we can!" :P

god, I remember using that phrase as a kid...

"mum" not "mike" though :lol:

They release these shows as a purchase. People have to work overtime in order to mix these, master them and then release them for people - that takes hours and hours. Then, those hours worked need to be paid.

yep - no such thing as a free lunch.

Hell yes. Because Pooch has to have a salary at the end of the day.

I know for a FACT they will not release older DSPs (pre 2007) if the ones they have up now do not sell well. What's the point? Gotta pay Pooch and Dylan to mix them and then sell them online...what if they only recover 1/4 of that cost that it takes to mix it all? Then they're fucked and lost money, and the label doesn't want to lose money.

So a smart label won't release UNRELEASED DSP's that we want like 2008 Europe Summer Tour and pre-2007 (or whatever they have left in 2007 that we don't have - that's a few DSP's for sure) unless these sell. If they sell only like 15 copies of each 2012 show then why in the hell would they put more up there from like 2004?

So buy the fuckin' DSPs if you want more to come out. I'm tired of people being so greedy all of the time. It's $10. Cheaper than an album on iTunes usually. Pictures and a good mix of the show.

I collect them all but I buy every show I go to and usually 2-3 others from the same year. Yeah I screw the band in the end because I don't buy all the shows I have (I have every DSP) but I don't really know any other way to do it. I enjoy having them all but in the end it's an ethical choice you have to make.

The reason we share them is so people can eventually collect all of them because honestly if you want them all, there is no way ANYONE has money for every show. That's hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But I am admittedly doing something illegal in doing that. The point of sharing is not 5 minutes after one comes out for someone to say IS IT UP YET CAN I GET IT NOW WHERE THE HELL IS IT IT'S BEEN 15 WHOLE MINUTES SINCE IT WAS POSTED, WTF. Ever heard of the 2 week rule?

The posts in this thread and on LPLive in general are getting really greedy with the DSPs. We can end the whole thing right now, not share any more at all, prohibit them from being discussed here, etc if you want. Tone it down a bit guys, please. Trying to help out the hardcore collectors and mega fans of the band here but the greed is getting out of hand. There's only so much we can do, I mean come on.

/endrant

If I can buy I don't need to ask here

and If I ask here is because I CAN'T buy

???TO HARD TO UNDERSTAND???

So, ignoring Graham and Serg; anyone could put this up?

Try quivering your upper lip and stomping your foot. Then, hold your breath. I'm sure all of that will work.

i never wouldve thought my little comment would start such a discussion..

to all the people who are requesting the pinkpop dsp and are pming me, i suppport this whole dsp buying thing, but i also know that there are plenty of people who are out there who would like to have it but just can't afford to buy it for whatever reason. i might upload it and send it to someone when i think that nobody's really going to buy it anymore and the interest is sinking.

but there are still people out there who have the dsp and might think different than me.

btw, chester's screams in apfmh are awesome and he did this high ending note in one step closer that he did in rock in rio, too.

i never wouldve thought my little comment would start such a discussion..

to all the people who are requesting the pinkpop dsp and are pming me, i suppport this whole dsp buying thing, but i also know that there are plenty of people who are out there who would like to have it but just can't afford to buy it for whatever reason. i might upload it and send it to someone when i think that nobody's really going to buy it anymore and the interest is sinking.

but there are still people out there who have the dsp and might think different than me.

btw, chester's screams in apfmh are awesome and he did this high ending note in one step closer that he did in rock in rio, too.

I know righ'?

but as a side note, do not respond to any PMs - you are not under any obligation to share something that you paid for.

and also, requesting official material (and sending links) via PM is against the site's rules.

Hell yes. Because Pooch has to have a salary at the end of the day.

I know for a FACT they will not release older DSPs (pre 2007) if the ones they have up now do not sell well. What's the point? Gotta pay Pooch and Dylan to mix them and then sell them online...what if they only recover 1/4 of that cost that it takes to mix it all? Then they're fucked and lost money, and the label doesn't want to lose money.

So a smart label won't release UNRELEASED DSP's that we want like 2008 Europe Summer Tour and pre-2007 (or whatever they have left in 2007 that we don't have - that's a few DSP's for sure) unless these sell. If they sell only like 15 copies of each 2012 show then why in the hell would they put more up there from like 2004?

So buy the fuckin' DSPs if you want more to come out. I'm tired of people being so greedy all of the time. It's $10. Cheaper than an album on iTunes usually. Pictures and a good mix of the show.

I collect them all but I buy every show I go to and usually 2-3 others from the same year. Yeah I screw the band in the end because I don't buy all the shows I have (I have every DSP) but I don't really know any other way to do it. I enjoy having them all but in the end it's an ethical choice you have to make.

The reason we share them is so people can eventually collect all of them because honestly if you want them all, there is no way ANYONE has money for every show. That's hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But I am admittedly doing something illegal in doing that. The point of sharing is not 5 minutes after one comes out for someone to say IS IT UP YET CAN I GET IT NOW WHERE THE HELL IS IT IT'S BEEN 15 WHOLE MINUTES SINCE IT WAS POSTED, WTF. Ever heard of the 2 week rule?

The posts in this thread and on LPLive in general are getting really greedy with the DSPs. We can end the whole thing right now, not share any more at all, prohibit them from being discussed here, etc if you want. Tone it down a bit guys, please. Trying to help out the hardcore collectors and mega fans of the band here but the greed is getting out of hand. There's only so much we can do, I mean come on.

/endrant

Hah agreed :)

On the topic: Berlin tomorrow, leaving in 4 hours, I will buy the dsp so greedy bastards, you know where to find it when it's out. The "THING" is updated as often as possible so eventually everything ends up there. Stop spamming and enjoy what's there already!

another thing what i noticed about the pinkpop dsp, they cut the intro sound of numb and immidietly jumped into the mistake of joe. probably to make it sound less like a mistake. but they didnt edit it entirely out.

btw, the catalyst edits/mix where the mistakes were supposed to be weren't well made..

Edited by PizzaPino

Gotta pay Pooch and Dylan to mix them and then sell them online

Can we pay someone else to mix them? I want louder crowds & guitars and no fixes. Maybe they're doing as they're told, though. LP are forward thinking, so they could always post the multi-tracks online and let us mix our own show. That'd be LP geek heaven :-p

Glad to see the Admin smack down the beggers. I try to collect every show & buy the best ones along the way, too. Ridiculous to see so many asking "USUAL PLACE" instead of just checking the "usual place" that ALL the DSP's are ALWAYS posted at.

Can we pay someone else to mix them? I want louder crowds & guitars and no fixes. Maybe they're doing as they're told, though. LP are forward thinking, so they could always post the multi-tracks online and let us mix our own show. That'd be LP geek heaven :P

Glad to see the Admin smack down the beggers. I try to collect every show & buy the best ones along the way, too. Ridiculous to see so many asking "USUAL PLACE" instead of just checking the "usual place" that ALL the DSP's are ALWAYS posted at.

don't go stompin' on pooch now :P he and his team do a fantastic job getting DSPs out that fast - mixing's a bitch of a job.

I admit, I don't like the mixing on most of the '07/'08ers but they're much better now.

thank you.

that's exactly what my beef was - don't request, just check. no-one's guaranteed anything and I think the whole LP community could do with not taking alot of things for granted...

Whoa.

I started a Holy War here, lol.

Good post, Mark.

I, myself haven't bought any of the DSPs, as I haven't been to any of the shows that they were mixed at. 85% that I'm gonna buy Ukrainian DSP. But I never asked for them. I know that sooner or later they will be online, as everything gets online nowadays.

If some DSP doesn't show up for long time - go buy it yourself and upload it for others, if you're so into sharing of copyrighted material.

Whoa.

I started a Holy War here, lol.

haha you didn't serg, others did...

I had some problems on my download of the Skive DSP - i only got tracks 2 through 22, and the pics. I am missing the 1st track. Can anyone help me?? :)

Thanks.

is there a tech support address you can email? if you get given a reference number to your download surely there's a support system?

I had some problems on my download of the Skive DSP - i only got tracks 2 through 22, and the pics. I am missing the 1st track. Can anyone help me?? :)

Thanks.

Cara, Na boa, Fudeu....

De Rocha velho

Espero q tenha mesmo esse tal suporte tecnico

pq senão, Fudeu....