27.05.2012 - Landgraaf, Netherlands - Pinkpop

The second show of the Summer European Tour for Linkin Park takes place at Megaland in Landgraaf, Netherlands for the Pinkpop Festival. The band has played in the Netherlands a few times before... the first time was supporting the Deftones in 2001 in Amsterdam (show page, but no setlist here), the second time was later that year headlining Amsterdam on their own (show page here) and they also more recently in 2007 played at the Pinkpop Festival (show page here). There was a canceled Pinkpop show in 2003 for them as well. This will be their fourth show in the country and second time (out of three scheduled times) at Pinkpop.

At the last show in Lisboa at Rock In Rio (show thread here), the band played a different setlist than they did in Hollywood last week (show page here). 'A Place For My Head' returned for the first time since 2010 and OPENED the show with a brand new intro and outro. Old school songs 'With You', 'Runaway', 'Points Of Authority' and 'Papercut' stayed in the set and new song 'LIES MISERY GREED' made its live debut, replacing 'Blackout'. 'From The Inside' also made its way in the set after not being played at the Hollywood show. LP closed the show with 'One Step Closer' instead of 'Bleed It Out' like in Hollywood, a move I'm sure most fans think is great! What a hell of a setlist!

How epic is that intro? The show in Lisboa was of course webcasted so most fans got their first look at songs like 'With You' and 'Runaway' returning as well as changes in the set including the "Apaches" intro to 'Waiting For The End' (with that sick verse from 'Until It Breaks' in there) and the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge on 'Bleed It Out'.

Who's going to Pinkpop? Did anyone see them last time in the Netherlands and you're seeing them again? Do you think LP will play this same setlist on the full European Tour? And more importantly - is this the best setlist you've seen from them in quite a while? If not, what would you change? I think collectively we can all agree this is a GREAT set and it has some awesome songs in it. Does anyone agree that Rock am Ring will lose their minds at a show like this?

After an off day, LP heads to Skive, Denmark on the 30th for the Skive Festival (which they've played once before). After that, Rock am Ring and Rock im Park performances are scheduled for them with a TV appearance in Köln in the middle. For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

EDIT:

How did we forget the lineup?! One of my favorite UK bands, Keane, is playing earlier in the day on the 3FM stage, but on the main stage today playing before Linkin Park we have (in order of earliest to right before LP): Babylon Circus, Racoon, The Kyteman Orchestra, and SOUNDGARDEN! As much as we've hyped up possible collaborations at festivals before (like Korn playing at so many of the 2007 festivals LP played at, therefore Jonathan Davis could come out on 'One Step Closer', etc), we think this is a very realistic possibility! If you aren't aware for some reason,

to sing with the band. Seeing as his band plays right before Linkin Park today, it'd be really cool to have him on 'Crawling' for the first time in Europe! Maybe the band can make that happen today. Would anyone else like to see this?

Also, Pooch has confirmed there will be DSP's (Digital Souvenir Packages, aka those awesome live recordings of each show with pictures included) for the European Tour. "@lplive no worries. All euro shows will be DSP" "@ivan_astahov yes all shows released as DSP." "@SOHAIL_Lq maybe HOB." Great!

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (w/ Long Intro & Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. Faint (Ext. Outro)

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. From The Inside

07. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

08. Numb

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

21. Papercut

22. One Step Closer

'In The End' proshot:

'What I've Done' proshot:

'Bleed It Out' proshot:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlist is really quite awesome. But I wish they replace Runaway. Basically with ANYTHING. That's such a shitty song and it's the only thing that is bad about this set.

For the performance, they are burning the stage down. Such a powerfull show.

P.S. Have fun on Pinkpop tonight, Jawnson!

Definitely one of their best setlists ever and their best setlist since 2004. I'm pretty sure they'll keep this one for the whole touring cycle which makes me so jealous. Can anyone get me a ticket to Rock am Ring? =/ :P

Anyway, have fun tonight!