Tour Rumors

hahninator

LP and MUSE will. never. tour. together.

they. would. not. be. able. to. have. one. headline. over. the. other.

is everybody clear on that?

I know it will never happen but they could co headline together

true - that's a possibility, but I don't think LP would approach them for it after PR '0(whenever-it-was)

either one of those bands has got to suddenly decrease in popular opinion for a co-headline tour methinks.

please nobody quote "stone sour and a7x" :P

• 2 weeks later...

true - that's a possibility, but I don't think LP would approach them for it after PR '0(whenever-it-was)

either one of those bands has got to suddenly decrease in popular opinion for a co-headline tour methinks.

please nobody quote "stone sour and a7x" :P

The quote was from Revolver Magazine 2007, Chester had asked Muse to be a part of PR07 and Muse declined, it says because they had other touring plans, but I think they didn't end up touring the months that PR took place, which is why many people say that Muse didn't want to tour with LP.

^Thats false, they were touring the whole time Projekt Rev 07 was on. PR07 went from the end of July to the start of September, and if you check this page http://www.musewiki.org/Gigs,_2006%E2%80%932008#2007 and scroll down to 2007, you'll see that they were on tour during that period as well. And also, before PR07 Muse opened for My Chemical Romance for some of their US shows, who later opened for LP on PR07, so I doubt it was because they didn't want to do it, they probably already had touring plans.

Agreed, Linkin Park and Muse are both my two favorite bands of all time, I refuse to rule out that possibility, and they already both played Rock In Rio in 08, even if not on the same night (or was it the same night I can't remember?) They're both from different countries and one could ask the other to be a guest in a home country tour!

Agreed, Linkin Park and Muse are both my two favorite bands of all time, I refuse to rule out that possibility, and they already both played Rock In Rio in 08, even if not on the same night (or was it the same night I can't remember?) They're both from different countries and one could ask the other to be a guest in a home country tour!

It was the same night, Muse played before The Offspring who played before LP, who headlined that night. I think Chester made a comment about having to go on stage after a band like Muse.

^Thats false, they were touring the whole time Projekt Rev 07 was on. PR07 went from the end of July to the start of September, and if you check this page http://www.musewiki.org/Gigs,_2006%E2%80%932008#2007 and scroll down to 2007, you'll see that they were on tour during that period as well. And also, before PR07 Muse opened for My Chemical Romance for some of their US shows, who later opened for LP on PR07, so I doubt it was because they didn't want to do it, they probably already had touring plans.

ok so maybe they did have other touring plans, but I think my point still remains, both are too big to have one headline over the other.

2007 - MCR were flavour of the month, and the Black Parade tour was fucking MASSIVE. would have been a poor choice by Muse's management to pass up on that much exposure, it's understandable that they were supporting.

I think the only reason MCR supported on PR07 was because it was Linkin Park organising the tour, you can't really turn up and be like "oh, i thought we were headlining..."

Plus having just finished the Black Parade Tour (taking into consideration all the stories of tour fatigue) MCR would probably have wanted to go back to a slightly less intense cycle where they weren't the main focus of attention. the band seem to have enjoyed PR07 for precisely this reason - way more relaxed.

Edited by LGraham

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

#bump

The Hyundai Card Super Concert in Seoul, NK. Muse and Metallica are headlining the festival on two days. Muse is on the first day (Aug 17), Metallica on the second (Aug 18). I was thinking since this is similar to Summer Sonic maybe LP will play too?

#bump

The Hyundai Card Super Concert in Seoul, NK. Muse and Metallica are headlining the festival on two days. Muse is on the first day (Aug 17), Metallica on the second (Aug 18). I was thinking since this is similar to Summer Sonic maybe LP will play too?

Honda sure wouldn't be happy about that. :lol: Not that LP likely has any kind of lasting business relationship with them outside of the 2012 Honda Civic Tour, but still.

I saw the Muse announcement about that. That makes sense. LP could play it but they also can headline Seoul no problem on their own. Looking at the last DSP picture from Seoul, in 2011, the crowd looks pretty small. They even cut off the top part of the seats. I know that happens in other places but that crowd must only be like 5-8k or smaller.

Another rumor I heard is for Malaysia to get a show on this run.