2009 Setlist Predictions

hahninator

I've got a feeling LP wud bring back With You if we started a petition, APFMH worked and With You seems to be another fan fav, like pretty much everyone here posted With You on songs they wud want brought back.

yeah, but you gotta think there not playing the songs that their hardcore fans want to hear, they are playing the songs that the radio listening mainstream likers want to hear.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling LP wud bring back With You if we started a petition, APFMH worked and With You seems to be another fan fav, like pretty much everyone here posted With You on songs they wud want brought back.

It took a motherfucking war effort to get APFMH back. Do you realize how hard that shit was? All the way from PR07, through Australia and Asia we had fans trying to get that shit brought back. Perth had like a 5,000 person petition they gave Mike at the M&G. PR07 almost every M&G they were asked about it. Online all over Mike's blog, all over the LPU and LPMB were petitions and posts for it to be brought back. It was absolutely ri-fucking-diculous lmao. And it worked if you ask me. It was in there for Europe/US in the Winter and Europe in the summer.

Now we need it brought back AGAIN. APFMH and OSC should be the staple closers. Nothing can beat them closing the setlist...I mean it's just fucking unbeatable. Add the Reanimation bridge to OSC and I don't see how any other 2 LP songs could flow together so perfectly with SO MUCH ENERGY to end the show. It's impossible since APFMH is a pure pit-master song and OSC is arguably their biggest song to date, ESPECIALLY live.

I think they'll get bored of the songs they did on PR08 and bring back some shit anyway. Either With You or Figure.09 will be in there sometime on the cycle if you want my honest opinion. They're gonna have to change it up. Fans aren't gonna want the same setlists again and again and again with like 2 changes, lol.

the reanimation bridge fucking OWNS!!!! a place for my head is awesome, but i dont really like the apfmh intro.....i love when they extend the bridge and talk to the crowd, get them involved with the bridge, maybe even say their famous "pick them up" speech, was what i was hoping for at the show i was at.....had no idea what the setlist would be :(

LinkinPark: Tour set list of 2009

01. One Step Closer (w/ Intro)

02. Lying From You (w/ Intro)

03. Somewhere I Belong (w/ Intro)

04. Wake 2.0

05. Given Up (w/ Outro)

06. Points Of Authority (w/ Intro & Outro)

07. Papercut

08. Leave Out All The Rest

09. Shadow Of The Day

10. The Little Things Give You Away (Mike singing it)

11. No Roads Left

12. What I've Done (w/ Intro)

13. Numb (w/ Intro from 2004)

14. HHH (Accapella)

15. From The Inside

16. Don't Stay (w/ Foreward Intro)

17. In The End (w/ Piano Intro)

18. New song

19. Bleed It Out (w/ Intro/Drum Solo & Outro)

20. Faint (w/ Outro)

For me I think that would be awesome!

Bad and boring IMO. Interesting only New Song and NRL.

I don't wanna "SET X" copy again. I'd like to hear brand new setlist, not a shitty modification, like in summer of 2008.

I believe they'll bring back APFMH... They dropped it only because of We Made It during PR.

Edited by And One LTU

It took a motherfucking war effort to get APFMH back. Do you realize how hard that shit was? All the way from PR07, through Australia and Asia we had fans trying to get that shit brought back. Perth had like a 5,000 person petition they gave Mike at the M&G. PR07 almost every M&G they were asked about it. Online all over Mike's blog, all over the LPU and LPMB were petitions and posts for it to be brought back. It was absolutely ri-fucking-diculous lmao. And it worked if you ask me. It was in there for Europe/US in the Winter and Europe in the summer.

Now we need it brought back AGAIN. APFMH and OSC should be the staple closers. Nothing can beat them closing the setlist...I mean it's just fucking unbeatable. Add the Reanimation bridge to OSC and I don't see how any other 2 LP songs could flow together so perfectly with SO MUCH ENERGY to end the show. It's impossible since APFMH is a pure pit-master song and OSC is arguably their biggest song to date, ESPECIALLY live.

I think they'll get bored of the songs they did on PR08 and bring back some shit anyway. Either With You or Figure.09 will be in there sometime on the cycle if you want my honest opinion. They're gonna have to change it up. Fans aren't gonna want the same setlists again and again and again with like 2 changes, lol.

APFMH is one of the biggest fan favs, and it seems like With You is becoming the next, I'm sure it cud work!

APFMH is one of the biggest fan favs, and it seems like With You is becoming the next, I'm sure it cud work! And I don't see why everyone thinks Figure.09 will be brought back, it wasn't played that much other than late 03 and late 04! Songs like APFMH and With You used to be played at every show, so they have a much better chance! Ev By Myself has more of a chance it was played alot from 00-03!!

Edited by SouthernGirlAM

Am i the only person that thinks Breaking The Habit should be dropped?

Ok, i know it's a single and- to some/lots of fans- a personal favourite, but it's bloody boring live. It's just too slow and is always dragged out.

I do appreciate the song. A very mature progression for the band and whatnot but it's been milked live. They stick it on nearly every LPU CD (slight exaggeration i know) and even ended with it at the Summer Sonic 06. It just has to go.

Replacing it with Qwerty, now that'd be awesome. That song needs playing live more often...

BTH is one of their most well known pieces of writing and an incredible song IMO, there is no way it cud ev be dropped from the set. Tho I do agree w u that it is getting a bit boring, they shud do something new w/ it or at least bring back the vocal intro. QWERTY prob won't be played anymore unless mayb this summer cuz usually LPU songs are only played during the touring cycle that they are released. During the summer they will prob play a set similiar to the M2M cycles but def more rock out songs since this is a metal concert. Here's my hope.

1. What I've Done (Extended Intro)

2. Faint (w/ Extended Outro)

3. No More Sorrow (Extended Intro but prob short since it's WID opener)

4. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro doesn't matter which one)

5. Papercut (Strings Intro)

6. Points of Authority (Extended Intro and Summer 08 Outro)

7. With You (Reanimation / HT Style)

8. Figure.09 (Short Extended Intro)

9. Wake 2.0

10. Given Up (Extended Outro)

11. Leave Out All The Rest (Blends Into...) (at least one slow song will be in the set and LOATR will prob be it)

12. By Myself (Extended Intro from 03)

13. Numb (Blends Into..)

14. Breaking the Habit (w/ vocal intro)

15. Shadow of the Day

16. Crawling (Reanimation Intro)

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (All Extenders, and Reading My Eyes mashed up with it again)

ENCORE BREAK

19. New song (something slow that becomes fast)

20. New Song

ENCORE BREAK 2

21. A Place for My Head (Extended Intro)

22 One Step Closer (Extended Intro and Outro) (come on it's a very unlikely chance they'll play the Reanimation Bridge)

I wud love a set like this. There was no room for PMA (Studio) since LP usually plays 22 songs at most per set.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I'm more worried about the performances of the more hardcore songs that are brought back, like compare APFMH from 04 to 08, the 08 version was still the fan fav heavy song, but the band just didn't seem to put enough energy as they did in some of the M2M songs, it seemed like they were bored of playing it.

Don't Stay (RaR 04 Opener)

NRL

F.09,

By Myself,

APFMH (With Energy, lol),

With You, P5HNG,

High Voltage <33,

Easier To Run,

Hip Hop Medley,

OSC (Reanimation Bridge, No JD though)

RME,

Numb RAR 04 intro some nights and MV 04 intro other nights.

That would be sick to see and record.. Atleast 5 of those songs would be the shit

Edited by Jack

Don't Stay (RaR 04 Opener)

NRL

F.09,

By Myself,

APFMH (With Energy, lol),

With You, P5HNG,

High Voltage <33,

Easier To Run,

Hip Hop Medley,

OSC (Reanimation Bridge, No JD though)

RME,

Numb RAR 04 intro some nights and MV 04 intro other nights.

That would be sick to see and record.. Atleast 5 of those songs would be the shit

that would be totally sick and short and oldy ;)

jack get your ass again to irc, please^^

some more songs like MTM ones (NMS, GU, BIO) + FTI with transition from F.09 + Papercut, BTH, ITE (rar 04 version) + A.06 would make it totally sick

• 3 weeks later...

Im hopein they will back 'With You' & 'A Place For My Head'. Would defo like to have 'Reading My Eyes' kept on the list...would have a heart attack if they played 'No Roads Left'. They gotta add @ least 2 or 3 new songs from the new album into the set to surprise the fans, would be a great treat to hear new intros/outros as well. If they do 1 or 2 of them ideas then that makes me happy :D

Edited by LPKode2

• 2 weeks later...

In the End will NEVER EVER be dropped. That song put that on the map to the casual listener, and at concerts it's THE song a lot of people look forward to who aren't hardcore fans who post on LP forums or are familar with set lists played already.

Prediction:

They drop 2-3 songs, to make room for an oldie ( With You?), and 2 new songs. Not a major shakeup, but songs might be played differently with new intros , outros, with/without the piano, etc. I doubt anything major this year.

2010 when they start up PR will be a different story.

With the current tour schedule the way it is, a fairly quick run of some festivals, makeup dates for cancelled shows (sort of), and a few headlining shows in between, I say they'll probably do something similar to what they did in 2006: Probably play one new song, break out a couple unexpected treats, and switch the order up a bit from what we're used to seeing, but play most of the same songs that they played on the MTM cycle. I kind of doubt they'll even do rotating setlists for these shows, honestly. And if they do, since it's a short run, they may just do 2 sets instead of 3.

I also doubt they'll be playing 20+ song sets like we've been used to for the past couple years. Around 18 is my prediction.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish they will play Forgotten, By Myself, With You again! I think the POA's intro was freakin' cool, I hope they will play same intro to their songs.

I would be really happy if they let us know soon their 2009's setlist(s!). :)

Oh, I forgot note: LP, come onto Hungary at long last! :D

Edited by Nezumi86